2013 Baseball Thread...

paul carruthers

^^ I guess it's safe to say you're feeling confident even though you're facing a tough lefty tonight.

I'm looking forward to tonight's Braves/Nationals game. Atlanta has been smacking around the lower level teams in the league, now we'll see how they do when they have to play one of the big boys.

And on another note, what's wrong with the Angels? I think everyone, including me had them running away with the West? How is that working out so far? :rolleyes:

Crazy schedules these days in MLB. The Tigers played their opening series against the Yanks, and they won't be back this year. We're starting a West coast trip tonight, and it's our only one of the year....we had 3 last year. 2 of 3 against both the Yanks and Blue Jays suit me fine.

^^ I guess it's safe to say you're feeling confident even though you're facing a tough lefty tonight.

I'm looking forward to tonight's Braves/Nationals game. Atlanta has been smacking around the lower level teams in the league, now we'll see how they do when they have to play one of the big boys.

And on another note, what's wrong with the Angels? I think everyone, including me had them running away with the West? How is that working out so far? :rolleyes:

Looks like those two will fight it out in the East. Atlanta and Washinton. I would expect both to make the playoffs. The AL East will be interesting. I still believe we have the best team. Now we play the Yankees. I do not think /Sabathia can carry them like he has in the past. We will see. Gonzalez is a good pitcher. I like our chances tonight and in the series. Toronto is the mystery. Dickey has been shelled. If Dickey is truly a bust, they cannot be considered favorites any longer to win. Adam Jones is not going away and neither is Davis. Both are on fire. If the bullpen holds strong we are going to be a force.

I will be at that Nats/Braves game tonight. In case anyone cares :)

^^ I didn't know you were a Nats fan ebk. What will you do if Washington & Baltimore make it to the Series? Have fun at the game tonight.

I'm not a big believer in Toronto, but if they are going to turn things around, that starting pitching has got to be better, especially at the dollars some of those guys are making.

^^ I didn't know you were a Nats fan ebk. What will you do if Washington & Baltimore make it to the Series? Have fun at the game tonight.

I'm not a big believer in Toronto, but if they are going to turn things around, that starting pitching has got to be better, especially at the dollars some of those guys are making.

I am a baseball fan, so if there's more baseball in the area, I will attend more baseball games! Also, I'm old enough to have gone to Senators games back in the Dark Ages, so they were always my "second favorite" team. This time, it's even easier since they're in the other league.

If we should be so lucky to have both area teams in the Series, I will root for the O's. No question - that's my team!!

I hear there are some weather issues in New York, wonder if they will get the game in tonight?

That was quite a dustup last night in San Diego. I wonder what the long term effect will be on the Dodgers, depending on how much time Greinke will miss; will it end up costing the Dodgers a shot at the postseason?

What's the score Rick?

Oh yeah, just checked - 5 to 2 Yanks! ;)

Its a tough way to lose but we have to give Jones a pass. He will win us alot more than he will lose it. Enjoy it now because we will not lose too many to you chump ass Yankees. It was a dropped fly ball that scored all three lead runs in case you were not watching.

I hear there are some weather issues in New York, wonder if they will get the game in tonight?

That was quite a dustup last night in San Diego. I wonder what the long term effect will be on the Dodgers, depending on how much time Greinke will miss; will it end up costing the Dodgers a shot at the postseason?

With the two of us being Mets fans, there are more weather issues in Minnesota than NY as there has been some light snow during the game in the Twin Cities. Well at least the Mets are scoring some runs tonight.

^^ Yep, Mets busting out the whooping sticks tonight. I was hoping on that last at bat for David Wright, the Twins reliever would have tossed him a little cookie to see how far he could hit it & maybe hit for the cycle but he walked instead. Oh well, I'll take a 16 run game.

B)

Hey, I'm not complaining. Like you said "a win is a win" and we got our ace Harvey pitching tomorrow. I'm feeling good about the Mets, at least until we run into the Nationals and Braves. But the Mets should be respectable this year, just have to get the other pitchers not named Harvey and Niese to pitch a little better.

So...it was really chilly out tonight. And the game sucked, too...well, it ended badly anyway.

And don't even talk to me about the O's.

At least they scored.

The Angels got shut out...again...at home...to the lowly Astros. :blink:

Fucking Angels. :mad: Here we go again. I know it's early but while you can't win a division in April, you can certainly lose one. Here we are not even halfway thru April and the Angels are already 6 games in the hole. Oakland just swept their asses and Texas is pulling away, too. Another April, another sluggish start...the worst since 1961.

I've had it with Scoscia...his lackadaisical manner is probably part of the problem. They never start the season with any fire or look prepared. He got a reprieve last year, even though they missed the playoffs. But he's toast this year...and he may be gone soon if they don't right the ship. The Angels cannot afford to get down 10 or more games out of the gate again like last year.

Archived