2013 Baseball Thread...

paul carruthers

So...it was really chilly out tonight. And the game sucked, too...well, it ended badly anyway.

And don't even talk to me about the O's.

We have to give Adam a pass on that ball. He is going to win us far more than he will lose like that rare drop. We will bounce back. Strange no line yet in vegas on the O's/Yankees game tonight. Hammel is going for sure. As for your Angels Strider, too soon to worry too much. It is hell to look at the standings now. But I still believe they will run down Texas at the end.

We have to give Adam a pass on that ball. He is going to win us far more than he will lose like that rare drop. We will bounce back. Strange no line yet in vegas on the O's/Yankees game tonight. Hammel is going for sure. As for your Angels Strider, too soon to worry too much. It is hell to look at the standings now. But I still believe they will run down Texas at the end.

Not blaming Jones. No one is perfect. It was just a weird ending to the game. I was "watching" on my phone and in the top of the 8th, bases loaded, I see it go from no outs to 3 outs in a blink. And that after the Jones error. Too much...

If the Angels are going to catch anybody they have to shore up that starting pitching. I believe I heard a stat that none of the Angels starters have gone more than 6 innings this year. That's tough on a bullpen & with Weaver gone it's going to be even harder. The Angels aren't dead yet but it's getting dicey imo.

Hey ebk, are you going to be at today's game with Strasburg pitching?

Not going today for various reasons (mostly Cherry Blossom Festival traffic). It's even a bobblehead giveaway, but I figured between the ticket, parking, beer and food, I could get one cheaper on ebay and not have to deal with the madness. I'm getting old(er) :D

Not going today for various reasons (mostly Cherry Blossom Festival traffic). It's even a bobblehead giveaway, but I figured between the ticket, parking, beer and food, I could get one cheaper on ebay and not have to deal with the madness. I'm getting old(er) :D

Never realized the traffic was that bad for the Cherry Blossom Festival.

In the books...Mets win!

I had the Mets but unfortunately with Wash and Strasburg. I have Baltimore with the Angels. If the Angels lose to Houston again, then I will believe the sky is falling for them. They best come through..O's beat Yankees Walter. What say ye?

I know it's only April, but the Braves look damn good. Of course the Braves have a history of looking good the past several years & then not doing much in the playoffs. Will 2013 be any different?

It seems so many times, the Braves run out of gas once October is here. Don't know what it is. Perhaps, accustomed to the hot weather and playing their best baseball. Not hot yet in Atlanta, but been in the 70's. Maybe, they're not well conditioned and just get tired/ Of all their playoff appearances and division championships with several World Series appearances, they only have one WS championship to show for this in 1995 against the Cleveland Indians. Don't know how to explain this, but seems they choke down the stretch. They've also done this on occasion near the end of the regular season, such as 2011.

Any comments about this?

RRRRRRR. Fucking Trout. Hitting 222 and grounds out with runners on the corners against a douche bag from Houston with a 7 era. Fuck

Uh. Dude!!! Its the fucking Angels. With that huge payroll. And desperate. And DUE. And fucking toast if they lose this fucking game to this bush league team called Houston

It seems so many times, the Braves run out of gas once October is here. Don't know what it is. Perhaps, accustomed to the hot weather and playing their best baseball. Not hot yet in Atlanta, but been in the 70's. Maybe, they're not well conditioned and just get tired/ Of all their playoff appearances and division championships with several World Series appearances, they only have one WS championship to show for this in 1995 against the Cleveland Indians. Don't know how to explain this, but seems they choke down the stretch. They've also done this on occasion near the end of the regular season, such as 2011.

Any comments about this?

I don't know how to explain it either, except to say looking at the Braves recent playoff history they haven't made it out of the 1st round since 2001 & of course last year they lost the Wild card playoff game to St. Louis despite having Kris Medlen starting, who was nearly unhittable in the regular season. Maybe this will be the year the Braves make it deep into the postseason.

I don't know how to explain it either, except to say looking at the Braves recent playoff history they haven't made it out of the 1st round since 2001 & of course last year they lost the Wild card playoff game to St. Louis despite having Kris Medlen starting, who was nearly unhittable in the regular season. Maybe this will be the year the Braves make it deep into the postseason.

Dont count on it. They are always good. Great organization. No more Bobby Cox and no more Greg Maddox and Smoltz and on and on Good enough to get in, but probably not good enough to get to the Series.

The Angels have lost their fucking halo's and I have lost my money. Pricks

Angels are going to have to fire the manager. How in the world can this continue? With the talent and the money and getting waxed by the lowly Astros.

Still only two weeks into the season! Just need to get it together. Just a slump to start the year. If it continues for another two weeks, then it's time to be concerned. The talent is there...need a way to bring it together and succeed on the level.

Angels came back & won the game, so how did you make out Rick?

No good. I wanted Pujols to hit it out. I layed a run. If you lay a run you get payed alot more. Gee, I guess it was too much to think the Angels could beat the Astros by more than a run. What are they going to do when they start to play real teams? Not get my money Ill tell you that. But I did go back to them today, figuring they will respond. I flat bet the O's. Chen is going. Dodgers, Rays, Royals. Dodgers, Angels, A's. And O's and Reds

Paul, you may be right about Atlanta. On fire. Reds up 4-0. I need the O's later

Tampa getting spanked by Boston again and I am surprised by this. I am going to keep my eyes on Toronto, the early season pick to win the East. Why? I do not have a clue

Archived