2013 Baseball Thread...

paul carruthers

^^ Well, when you fill out your All-Star ballot, you can vote for Wieters and his 215. batting average all you like. :P Btw Rick, you got the A's tonight, any wagering going on?

Big grand slam last night got my boy Harvey off the hook. I'm looking at the box score & I see Harvey's ERA has swelled to 1.54. He'll be better next time around against the Marlins. Got Jeremy Hefner & his above 7 ERA going today, aye carumba.

How about Papa Grande coming in for Detroit last night & closing the door. The Tigers have solved their closer issues (for one night anyway). I'm actually hoping Valverde has solved his issues & will be reliable for the Tigers.

It's amazing that we're at the end of April and there are still a plethora of postponed and cancelled games because of weather.

I knew the Angels sweep of Detroit wouldn't amount to much...they promptly dropped two of three to Texas. The Scioscia-watch continues.

^^ Ranting about the Angels again, does that mean you placed a wager on them and if you did all I can say is... :sarcastic_hand:

I had them with the Orioles and another team that won earlier. What a crock of shit the Angels and Toronto are turning out to be. At least my team is right there. Kicked Oaklands ass last night. I still wound up winning on other games.

I'm starting to wonder about Oakland, 13-10 but 6 of those victories are courtesy of the Astros. Looks like Texas may still be the big dog in that division.

As for the Angels, well maybe one day Rick will learn & not wager on them. ;)

Tonight's Braves/Tigers tilt is being touted by some as a World Series preview. I don't know if I'll go that far in April but it should be a fun series to watch.

baseball_zpsa6498512.gif

I'm starting to wonder about Oakland, 13-10 but 6 of those victories are courtesy of the Astros. Looks like Texas may still be the big dog in that division.

As for the Angels, well maybe one day Rick will learn & not wager on them. ;)

Tonight's Braves/Tigers tilt is being touted by some as a World Series preview. I don't know if I'll go that far in April but it should be a fun series to watch.

baseball_zpsa6498512.gif

Paul, if you are a smart gambler, you must know that you are not going to win every wager you make. I am not a damn fool. But you would expect a team like the Angels with so much expectation, to wake up at some point. After all, King Felix did not pitch last night. When he does, they are fucking melba toast. I am going to ride the King Felix train. I think he is going to win the Cy Young. My boy Gonzalez will still have a very good year. But he is a 7 inning pitcher. Now anyways. If anyone gets a Dr report info on Bundy please let me know. Dylan Bundy. EBK may find out? If you do Esther, please let me know. Paul, I am happy I have the MLB channel. I watched the Orioles last night. The Oakland manager was not pleased. Chen can beat them again tonight. I hope we get the Angels on this trip. I heard the O's announcers mention it may be the only West coast trip? Not sure. Boston has Houston now. I have a sneaky feeling Bedard may beat them today. Not enough to put money down,but Bedard is good. Came up in our system. Boston is playing over their heads and taking advantage of an early soft schedule. When the cream rises to the top, the O's will be there. As for who I DID BET, I layed a run and took St Louis with Lance and yes, I took the fucking Angels. I took Baltimore. And a couple others I cant recall. Milwaukee had a hell of a streak. 9 wins in a row and it was not enough to be in first. Because of a terrible start. That division has like 4 teams one game apart. I think St Louis is the class of the division. But maybe Milwaukee has something? I still think San Fran is the true class of the West but one has to think the Dodgers will be in the hunt. Colorado has been an early surprise. Washington an early disappointment much due to Strasburg. my friend who is a Red Sox fan, but also likes the Nats, thinks there is something wrong with him.

I'm looking at the standings now, the Central has Cards first then the Pirates but I'm sure it won't be long before the Pirates fade away, again. The Reds are the team I think will take that division but you can't count out those Cards. Every year they seem to find a way to get into the postseason.

I have to think Colorado isn't going to stay this hot either & they will fall back to the pack & if the Dodgers can hover around .500 'til Zach Greinke gets back, they may have a shot. Not as a division winner, but a wild card.

Crud, I was hoping to see Braves/Tigers tonight but instead MLB Network is showing the damn Yankees down in Florida. <_< Guess I'll be watching Smackdown tonight.

I have MLB and love it. Watching my O's. Chen has a two hitter through 7 but its 0--0. We have Hardy on 2nd

Yep, it's looking more and more like the A's are going to have trouble with teams that are not the Astros. Now if only those lame ass Blue Jays could beat the Yankees giving the O's a little more cushion in the AL East.

Anibal Sanchez strikes out 17 Braves last night, wow. Even more wow, a 10-0 beatdown. Braves should bounce back today going against Rick Porcello and his 11.08 ERA.

Got Shaun Marcum making his season debut for the Mets today. Wonder how that will work out? smiley-confused002.gif

Did I mention that I was at the Nats game last night? The one hitter that lasted 2 hours and 8 minutes? My kinda baseball... had to slam the rest of my second beer since it was over so quick.

They're looking pretty good this afternoon, too.

Let me say this, I watched the entire game and Chen pitched a beauty. 8 innings. 2 hits. And he was dominating over the A's. Chen is getting better by the minute. Tillman tonight. He has been our one weak link at the starting position, and of course giving Stinson that start was questionable? I do not think Buck will have too much patience for games like that. I wish I knew if Bundy were going to be ready soon? If not, we may need to either pick up a guy like Saunders was for us last year? Hammel, Chen and Gonzalez I have tremendous faith in. Tonight we may have to win a slugfest to be succesfull. Oakland will be out for blood. I sure hope they send us to Aneheim, or better yet, to Seattle right after King Felix starts and then perhaps we will miss him in the rotation? Anyway, how about those O's!!!!

Archived