2013 Baseball Thread...

paul carruthers

With nearly a month into the new season, some of my predictions are looking horrible, particularly in the AL. But as we all know, one or two weeks can change standings in baseball, never mind a few months. That said, I am quite happy that my favorite team is off to a great start.

I went to two Red Sox vs. Astros games this week. Man are the Astros bad. They don't have much going for them at all. The unbalanced payroll structure in MLB is really a shame, I wish it could change.

Yesterday I saw John Lackey pitch for the first time in over a year. I was shocked at how much he has slimmed down, it is not as apparent on television.

The Red Sox fans are coming out of the woodwork. You guys wont be playing the Astros all year thankfully. We won 3 of 4 in Oakland which is a pretty good accomplishment, but it should have been a sweep. I do not know why Buck didnt go to Johnson and had Matusz in? Served up a 2 run homer and I knew then we were dead. Blew a 5-0 lead, and the guy I thought might be our top starter is not pitching as good as Chen or Hammel. Britton makes his first start tonight in Seattle. I hope he comes in pitching well? I like our team alot. We might have the best offense in the game with Jones and Davis. Boston has been a surprise but they have not played a tough schedule as of yet either. Lets see what they do when they have to go West. We beat them 2 of 3 in the one series at Fenway. The Yankees have played a soft schedule also. Now they get Houston. There are alot of division games left. We had to play Tampa twice already and came out of it ok. They will be a handfull when the Red Sox and Yankees have to play them. Toronto has been a huge disappointment so far. And the Angels also. I think the Angels are going to beat Oakland today. Maybe get it going there? There is plenty of time to turn things around. The Twins have been surprising as they are a game over 500. KC is playing well as expected. The Tigers are on fire, at least when they play the National league. I cant believe they played that game last night in those conditions. Rain falling hard.

Paul, I took your boys and Harvey today. I hope they take care of business in Miami.

^^ Yeah I'm hoping Harvey bounces back in Miami tonight. Actually, he didn't pitch that bad against the Dodgers, he just made that one mistake to Matt Kemp that left the yard. Still, giving up only three runs is not bad, hope he has his stuff going today & whatever you do don't pitch to Giancarlo Stanton!

^^ Yeah I'm hoping Harvey bounces back in Miami tonight. Actually, he didn't pitch that bad against the Dodgers, he just made that one mistake to Matt Kemp that left the yard. Still, giving up only three runs is not bad, hope he has his stuff going today & whatever you do don't pitch to Giancarlo Stanton!

This is your break in the schedule. The Yankees and Red Sox have had one for the whole month pretty much. Except maybe when Oakland went in to Boston and the O's. The Yankees are playing a joke of a schedule so far. I really thought Toronto would beat them yesterday. I had Pittsburgh over St Louis the other day and I have done ok with upset picks. I had Cleveland in game two last night. Today my upset shot is Minnesota over the Tigers. They may catch them fat and happy after the big series win over Atlanta. I would expect a letdown. We will see. I hope the Orioles dont let that bullshit blown ninth inning get to them. It cost me $70. Money I would have won. Matusz walked off the field with a look of uncaring on his face. That bothered me as much as the pitch. Dumb ass. you have the series in your fucking hand and you let your teamates down with that shit.

^^ Those Muts as you call them just took a 2-1 lead, so maybe with some runs to play with Harvey will find his command, although those pesky Marlins have spoiled some good pitches for hits. Harvey's already thrown 60 pitches through 3 innings. Could be another night where we have to tax that shoddy bullpen.

With nearly a month into the new season, some of my predictions are looking horrible, particularly in the AL. But as we all know, one or two weeks can change standings in baseball, never mind a few months. That said, I am quite happy that my favorite team is off to a great start.

I went to two Red Sox vs. Astros games this week. Man are the Astros bad. They don't have much going for them at all. The unbalanced payroll structure in MLB is really a shame, I wish it could change.

Yesterday I saw John Lackey pitch for the first time in over a year. I was shocked at how much he has slimmed down, it is not as apparent on television.

lets see what Lackey can do facing a real team. I agree the Sox are off to a great start and to all the experts that said the Sox were not going to be good..piss up a rope. Their pitching and clutch hitting has them rolling and I hope it continues I am a diehard Sox fan

Yeah ok pal. Just ignore the job Baltimore is doing out west on Oakland. You wont be playing the Astros after today. You did not gain shit. The Orioles will be in first very soon.

hey pal Sox are on a roll I know Houston sucks ..the Sox will continue to play good baseball how didnt they gain shit??

hey pal Sox are on a roll I know Houston sucks ..the Sox will continue to play good baseball how didnt they gain shit??

Yankees getting spanked by Houston right now. I hope it holds up. The O's held their own in a tough place to play. That is all I am saying. The schedule will even out. You will have far tougher games to deal with down the road and we will get our turn to play the Stros.

Well better the twins walk Cabrera than let him hit it downtown. My O's are on to Seatte and I think we will avoid King Felix. That is a break. We are going nowhere.

Fuck. That fat ass fielder just hit one out.

Yankees getting spanked by Houston right now. I hope it holds up. The O's held their own in a tough place to play. That is all I am saying. The schedule will even out. You will have far tougher games to deal with down the road and we will get our turn to play the Stros.

Well better the twins walk Cabrera than let him hit it downtown. My O's are on to Seatte and I think we will avoid King Felix. That is a break. We are going nowhere.

Fuck. That fat ass fielder just hit one out.

ya I know their schedule gets will get tougher looking forward to it The O's will get their crack at the lowly Astros soon enough and they are playing good baseball for sure.Wow the Yaks losing to Houston???

Red Soz May schedule

MAY

1 — at Blue Jays 7:07 p.m.

2 — at Blue Jays 7:07 p.m.

3 — at Rangers 8:05 p.m.

4 — at Rangers 8:05 p.m.

5 — at Rangers 3:05 p.m.

6 — Twins 7:10 p.m.

7 — Twins 7:10 p.m.

8 — Twins 7:10 p.m.

9 — Twins 7:10 p.m.

10 — Blue Jays 7:10 p.m.

11 — Blue Jays 1:35 p.m.

12 — Blue Jays 1:35 p.m., TBS

14 — at Rays 7:10 p.m.

15 — at Rays 7:10 p.m.

16 — at Rays 7:10 p.m.

17 — at Twins 8:10 p.m.

18 — at Twins 7:10 p.m.

19 — at Twins 2:10 p.m.

20 — at White Sox 8:10 p.m.

21 — at White Sox 8:10 p.m.

22 — at White Sox 8:10 p.m.

23 — Indians 7:10 p.m.

24 — Indians 7:10 p.m.

25 — Indians 1:35 p.m.

26 — Indians 1:35 p.m.

27 — Phillies 7:10 p.m.

28 — Phillies 7:10 p.m.

29 — Phillies 7:05 p.m.

30 — Phillies 7:05 p.m.

31 — at Yankees 7:05 p.m.

Piss poor hitting with runners in scoring position tonight. Hopefully Parnell can come in & nail it down.

Fucking cock knockers. I had the bitches minus a run. Once just to win. Maybe I should hope the fish tie it so they can beat them by more than a run in extras? Last time I bet the bitches.

The last time you bet the Mets. Wasn't it just a few days ago you made your last bet on the Angels, heh. We'll get your money again at some point, I would wager on that. ;)

Meanwhile, it's not looking pretty for Parnell, I can't watch this anymore....

Well, there goes Harvey's 5th win. Fucking idiots! :mad:

The last time you bet the Mets. Wasn't it just a few days ago you made your last bet on the Angels, heh. We'll get your money again at some point, I would wager on that. ;)

Meanwhile, it's not looking pretty for Parnell, I can't watch this anymore....

Well, there goes Harvey's 5th win. Fucking idiots! :mad:

Not sure about that. Anyway, tie game. Maybe your boys can get some runs now.

^^ How about them Astros, old Pettitte got hammered. But I'm still fuming over last night's Mets game. All they had to do was plate one fucking run & they could have won. I don't even know if I'm even going to bother watching tonight's game. I may watch the Royals game instead, Big Game James Shields throwing tonight, should be a good one.

^^ How about them Astros, old Pettitte got hammered. But I'm still fuming over last night's Mets game. All they had to do was plate one fucking run & they could have won. I don't even know if I'm even going to bother watching tonight's game. I may watch the Royals game instead, Big Game James Shields throwing tonight, should be a good one.

I agree. I will flip and when the O's come on Ill watch Hammel. I love having MLB channel

I think I've finally calmed down from last night & may tune into the Mets game, for the first few innings anyway. Interesting Rick that you got the Dodgers tonight, didn't you see how they got hammered yesterday?

A lot of our preseason prognostications are looking a bit ugly at the moment, especially everyone who had the Dodgers, Blue Jays and Angels, but it's only the end of April, a lot of time for teams to get hot & hot teams to get cold. I still think the Reds have the talent to run away with the Central division.

ZEPFAN17's Sox should have a good time feasting on the Blue Jays tonight, can the Astros pull another W out of their ass?

I think I've finally calmed down from last night & may tune into the Mets game, for the first few innings anyway. Interesting Rick that you got the Dodgers tonight, didn't you see how they got hammered yesterday?

A lot of our preseason prognostications are looking a bit ugly at the moment, especially everyone who had the Dodgers, Blue Jays and Angels, but it's only the end of April, a lot of time for teams to get hot & hot teams to get cold. I still think the Reds have the talent to run away with the Central division.

ZEPFAN17's Sox should have a good time feasting on the Blue Jays tonight, can the Astros pull another W out of their ass?

The Blue Jays are facing Lester tonight,he has a hot hand right now

Archived