2013 Baseball Thread...

paul carruthers

^^ I thought you were never betting on the Mets again after they blew that game in Miami last week? I guess you can't help yourself, lol. I'm wondering how Harvey will bounce back after throwing 120 pitches his last outing.

1 fucking hitter and no run support by the Muts. 0-0

Oh my God, the Mets cant fucking score and the Angels are losing to Houston 6-3. Put a fork in their sorry ass's. Sure playoff teams will be Baltimore, , Detoit and Kansas City. Tex or Oak probably win the West. Maybe the Yankees can knock out Boston, but I like Boston's chances better.. I feel pretty good about the O's. The Angels pitching sucks.

Twins up on the Red Sox right now. The skys opened up in Baltimore. The game is official. I wonder how long until they would call it? I will not bet the Muts again.

Harvey was outstanding tonight, a real shame the Mets offense couldn't pick him up. Dude should be 6-0 right now, oh well at least the Mets actually won the game. And Rick says he will never bet on the Mets again, I give that proclamation about a week. :P

Harvey was outstanding tonight, a real shame the Mets offense couldn't pick him up. Dude should be 6-0 right now, oh well at least the Mets actually won the game. And Rick says he will never bet on the Mets again, I give that proclamation about a week. :P

They were minus a run. They cannot hit. my O's just took lead. Wieters, whose jersey I have, drove in Adam Jones. Now we need a fucking save. Chris Davis was called out on a third strike at the ankles. Buck was pissed but did not go out. Earl Weaver would have gone out and screamed and got tosssed. Sometimes that is the best move. I wish he was a bit more fiery. Davis argued just a second. It was obvious. Shit call. now lets see if Johnson can save this win.

I wonder if that is going to be the story all year, Harvey pitches well but the Mets weak offense can't score him any runs. It's already cost him 2 victories on this young season.

I have seen this somewhere before. Look at king Felix in Seattle. It happens to him. I say he will be the AL Cy Young winner and Harvey the National League. The White Sox staff is not bad. It was a rare matchup and those usually favor the pitcher. We have two more with KC. Tillman tonight and Jim Palmer the hall of famer thinks Tillman has the best stuff of all Orioles starters. He came around last game. We are right there despite a rough early schedule. Have to like that. We will get our turn playing Houston and then we will see how the standings look.. Atlanta and Wash are going to be a two team race in the NL East. Milwaukee has been a bit of a surprise. They had that long winning streak, but the Cardinals probably have too much. The West will be between SF and Arizona it is starting to look? The Dodgers have to get better or they are done. You have to figure the Angels will make a move with all that power they have. But their pitching is beyond suspect.

The O's only 1 game back of the Sawx in the standings & after Kansas City, the O's get a couple of cupcakes in Minnesota and San Diego. Baltimore could be in first within a week.

Amen to that. I agree. They are not only a deep team offensively but they can play defense with the best. KC is no picnic. I hope Tillman is on or we could see a slugfest. I do not think their pitcher can stop us. I bet Seattle with King Felix and gave the Pirates a run.

The Braves seem to have trouble scoring runs when they are not hitting homers & they strike out a lot. Come playoff time that could be a big issue for them, especially in a short 3 out of 5 series when you're facing the best pitchers on the opposing team's staff. I wonder if this year will be another quick exit for the Braves in the postseason, although we're still a long way away from that.

The Braves seem to have trouble scoring runs when they are not hitting homers & they strike out a lot. Come playoff time that could be a big issue for them, especially in a short 3 out of 5 series when you're facing the best pitchers on the opposing team's staff. I wonder if this year will be another quick exit for the Braves in the postseason, although we're still a long way away from that.

Yes indeed. And the Mets may be even longer from that. You may have a rockin chair first. LOL. O's up and Sox down!!!! Score update!!!

Whew, Twins putting a whooping on the Sox and the O's won. Going to be a first place tie I think in the East.

We all knew this was coming. Geez. And they are playing the Twins. Wait until they get KC and the big boys. Houston beating the Angels again

Gee Red Sox fans, I guess Minnesota is getting better? They could sweep you guys tonight. I am thinking they will. We may sweep KC. The cream is rising to the top. Now to get rid of these Yankees. Colorado is giving them hell. Guthrie is somehow 4-0 for KC. I say he will be 4-1 after today. I like our chances to sweep based on the way Garcia pitched his first game. If he gets shelled, so be it. But if he pitches well and wins, maybe Buck has found his fourth guy until Bundy comes along?

Go see how the Oakland A's were robbed in the 9th inning in Cleveland. Manager tossed. A home run. Replay obvious. It hit the fucking rail above the home run line. And the fucking blind bastards called it no home run. FIX. no other possible explanation. They were paid off

^^ So what you're saying Rick is that the officials in all the sports are crooked. ;) But seriously, that was a bad call, almost as bad as that strike call for Joe Nathan in that Rays/Rangers game, remember that?

When everyone in the damn world agrees it was a home run and it was in plain sight on the replay, as the announcers on ESPN and MLB are saying this morning, and then 3 or 4 umps come out and say its black when its clearly white, what other conslusion can you come to ? Someone had to be paid off. Are you kidding me? Its plain as day it was a home run. How can they possibly come out and say everyone is blind and stupid but them? Its blatant. This time they were caught red handed. F I X. 1919 White Sox type of F I X.

I cannot get over this. Even the Cleveland radio talk shows are behind Oakland on this one. Those moron umps are the only ones in America that think it was not conclusive. What were they watching? Melvin has every right to be pissed. It was a HR!! Period

Man, the Tigers cannot beat the National league. Score some fucking runs already. Oh, they did beat "Atlanta big. I forgot about that.

Leyland vs Davey Johnson. Two of the best

Tigers coming back. Come on Tigers

Archived