2013 Baseball Thread...

paul carruthers

Gee Red Sox fans, I guess Minnesota is getting better? They could sweep you guys tonight. I am thinking they will. We may sweep KC. The cream is rising to the top. Now to get rid of these Yankees. Colorado is giving them hell. Guthrie is somehow 4-0 for KC. I say he will be 4-1 after today. I like our chances to sweep based on the way Garcia pitched his first game. If he gets shelled, so be it. But if he pitches well and wins, maybe Buck has found his fourth guy until Bundy comes along?

hold your horses no panic yet for Red Sox fans just a bad spell of games...O's down 4-2

hold your horses no panic yet for Red Sox fans just a bad spell of games...O's down 4-2

Hold your horses. Davis just hit one in the cheap seats. Are you going to compare playing the Twins with the Royals? Or the joke of a schedule you have played so far? With the ex O bum KC has on the mound do not think a 2 run lead is safe vs Baltimore. EVER. Our only big problem is who the fourth starter will ultimately be. We have played a far tougher schedule than Boston. Baltimore is the better team in my book

Looks like the O's and the Sox may go down tonight, still leaving both teams in a first place tie. I just checked the schedule and the O's did beat the Sox 2 out of 3 so you got that going for you Rick.

Mets and Pirates tied at 1. And on another note, I'm afraid Strider's Angels might be toast.

Looks like the O's and the Sox may go down tonight, still leaving both teams in a first place tie. I just checked the schedule and the O's did beat the Sox 2 out of 3 so you got that going for you Rick.

Mets and Pirates tied at 1. And on another note, I'm afraid Strider's Angels might be toast.

its very early folks. And the bitch ass Yankees FINALLY have to play a real baseball team tomorrow. They have to go to Kansas City. Good luck with that. The schedule has been tilted against us but we are tied for first. The biggest problem we have right now is solving this fourth man in the staring rotation,. Garcia proved to me tonight he is not the guy and he may join Stinson on the list of failed experiments. But you have to roll the dice I suppose. Dylan Bundy where the fuck are you? The Twins have played well vs the Red Sox. They seem to be coming on so we cannot just assume we are going to get off the plane and walk over them. We certainly are better than them. But that is why they play the games. I have the game on and the Twins just got the leadoff man on. I can hear Zeppfan17 swearing in my liviing room. Hey, its a long season. Lots of games vs the Yankees for us both. I expect Toronto to made a move. Angels having trouble with Houston again.

Boston down 5-3 in 9th. Lead off man on. I hope the Twins can seal the deal. Can you imagine them sweeping them in Boston? The Tigers fucked me as usual today. Lost 5-4. I got to talk to the Indians guy on MLB channel today. Anyone hear me? I called in about that fiasco last night. Home Run and the three blind mice come back and see something different than the rest of the planet. MLB admitted today it was the wrong call. It was a Home Run but they cannot do anything. Why the fuck cant they do anything? Its called the next time Oakland plays Cleveland you resume the game from that point. It is not fair to Oakland. One out in Boston. Man, I may fear these damn Twins. We are going there tomorrow. Nice of them to give us 3 home games after a West coast trip of 11. Then we get KC at home, no picnic and now off to Minny. And they are playing pretty darn good up in Boston.

Strike three and two out in Boston. Uh oh. Ortiz. I cant believe they are whining about the strike. You should see the calls they made on us tonight.

Twins win!!!!! Thanks gentlemen. See you tomorrow

Don't look now, but the Nationals are only 2 games behind the Braves. After a shaky start to the season, they appear to have gotten back on track.

And oh yeah, the Yankees are in first place by percentage points. All I can say about that is go Royals.

Don't look now, but the Nationals are only 2 games behind the Braves. After a shaky start to the season, they appear to have gotten back on track.

And oh yeah, the Yankees are in first place by percentage points. All I can say about that is go Royals.

Look at who the Yankees have played so far. Houston, Arizona, etc. Come on. Wait until they must go on an 11 game west coast swing like the Orioles did. Do you think they will hold up as well as we did? I do not. I believe Tampa is better. I think Toronto will get better. If Baltimore can fix the fourth rotation spot in their roster, nobody will stop them. Yes, Washington is coming and is it a surprise? i expect in a month Washington will be in first place by 3-4 games if not more. On the surface it usually looks like the American league is better. Like what Detroit did to Atlanta. Wash held on to beat them yesterday. Overall the american league seems stronger until we get to the Series. Then, its unexplainable. Did anyone think Detroit would go down like they did? We all know the Angels are better than they are playing. We know the Yankees are probabliy alot worse than their current record. I have little doubt the Orioles are a very good team and the meat of their order is solid. The starting pitching is what is what makes you or breaks you usually. The Mets have maybe the best pitcher in the game right now in Harvey, certainly the hottest, but they cant get out of their own way as a team. There are going to be alot of moves. I just hope Baltimore releases Garcia now and goes fishing for that elusive answer for the fourth starter.

Boston down 5-3 in 9th. Lead off man on. I hope the Twins can seal the deal. Can you imagine them sweeping them in Boston? The Tigers fucked me as usual today. Lost 5-4. I got to talk to the Indians guy on MLB channel today. Anyone hear me? I called in about that fiasco last night. Home Run and the three blind mice come back and see something different than the rest of the planet. MLB admitted today it was the wrong call. It was a Home Run but they cannot do anything. Why the fuck cant they do anything? Its called the next time Oakland plays Cleveland you resume the game from that point. It is not fair to Oakland. One out in Boston. Man, I may fear these damn Twins. We are going there tomorrow. Nice of them to give us 3 home games after a West coast trip of 11. Then we get KC at home, no picnic and now off to Minny. And they are playing pretty darn good up in Boston.

Strike three and two out in Boston. Uh oh. Ortiz. I cant believe they are whining about the strike. You should see the calls they made on us tonight.

Twins win!!!!! Thanks gentlemen. See you tomorrow

oh no don't look now those Twins are beating your birds

oh no don't look now those Twins are beating your birds

Yes I see. Davis had the bases loaded and tried to hit a grand slam. He should have just hit a single. Some nights are going to go like this. Your turn is coming. Like I said, its a marathon, not a sprint

Yes I see. Davis had the bases loaded and tried to hit a grand slam. He should have just hit a single. Some nights are going to go like this. Your turn is coming. Like I said, its a marathon, not a sprint

so true its one long ass marathon as the Sox regain frist place in the AL East for who knows how the hell long..

so true its one long ass marathon as the Sox regain frist place in the AL East for who knows how the hell long..

Dont look now but the Orioles have come back to tie game. What I dont get is how the Yankees are getting success? KC let us both down

I wonder if the Blue Jays announcers are going to have something to say if Clay Buchholz smokes 'em again.

It looks as if the Mets rotation is Matt Harvey & nothing else. Jonathon Niese another bad start for the Metropolitans today. smiley-sad006.gif

I wonder what he is using today to Dr the baseball?

Interesting how the AL East standings look the same as it ever was: Yankees, Red Sox and Orioles at the top. All that talk about Toronto and Tampa Bay looks to be hogwash so far.

Freaking Angels are killing me...first the Lakers, now these clowns are a fucking disgrace. Scioscia has to be on the verge of being fired...this is too many seasons in a row now where it's the same slow, sluggish, underwhelming start to a season and getting down double-digit games in the division. I don't want to hear about injuries and slumps...all teams have those and the well-managed ones fight through those things. Look at the Yankees.

The biggest indictment against the Angels so far is that they even have trouble beating the Astros, the worst team in the League. If they cannot even muster the spirit and effort to beat the dregs of the league, why should I put forth the money and effort to follow them this season. The way things are going, the Angels might be mathematically eliminated from the postseason by June.

Interesting how the AL East standings look the same as it ever was: Yankees, Red Sox and Orioles at the top. All that talk about Toronto and Tampa Bay looks to be hogwash so far.

Freaking Angels are killing me...first the Lakers, now these clowns are a fucking disgrace. Scioscia has to be on the verge of being fired...this is too many seasons in a row now where it's the same slow, sluggish, underwhelming start to a season and getting down double-digit games in the division. I don't want to hear about injuries and slumps...all teams have those and the well-managed ones fight through those things. Look at the Yankees.

The biggest indictment against the Angels so far is that they even have trouble beating the Astros, the worst team in the League. If they cannot even muster the spirit and effort to beat the dregs of the league, why should I put forth the money and effort to follow them this season. The way things are going, the Angels might be mathematically eliminated from the postseason by June.

Well you have the Kings strider

Well you have the Kings strider

Amen to that, Rick. That's one of the reasons I've been away from the forum lately...most of my spare time is focused on the Kings and the Stanley Cup playoffs. Given how difficult it has been for any team in all four major sports to repeat as champions, I know this year will be harder than last season. But at least the Kings didn't flame out in the first round.

Now if the Ducks can only win Game 7 against Detroit, we'll have the first playoff meeting between the Kings and the Ducks. And I like our chances against the Ducks.

GO KINGS GO!!!

Amen to that, Rick. That's one of the reasons I've been away from the forum lately...most of my spare time is focused on the Kings and the Stanley Cup playoffs. Given how difficult it has been for any team in all four major sports to repeat as champions, I know this year will be harder than last season. But at least the Kings didn't flame out in the first round.

Now if the Ducks can only win Game 7 against Detroit, we'll have the first playoff meeting between the Kings and the Ducks. And I like our chances against the Ducks.

GO KINGS GO!!!

I think the Ducks will dispose of the Red wings. The Kings and Ducks to me is a toss up. Chicago is the team to beat based on firepower. They can score more goals than any team left. In the East, which is a joke, I still think Wash could get there, except Pittsburgh has always had their number and Ottawa's too. Oops. I am on the baseball thread aren't I? So, its time to settle these damn Twins today. I like KC to put the brakes on the overachieving Yankees. Your Angels are up against it but they probably would have a better chance of getting back in the race than Toronto if I had to pick. Lots of firepower in that lineup. . you may have to win some slugfests to get back in it. We have our won issues with pitching. That fucking kid Buck threw to the wolves yesterday. I hope they are planning to pick up someone on the market that can fill that number 4 spot. I do not have any idea the status on Bundy? EBK, if you have info can you post it?

I think the Ducks will dispose of the Red wings. The Kings and Ducks to me is a toss up. Chicago is the team to beat based on firepower. They can score more goals than any team left. In the East, which is a joke, I still think Wash could get there, except Pittsburgh has always had their number and Ottawa's too. Oops. I am on the baseball thread aren't I? So, its time to settle these damn Twins today. I like KC to put the brakes on the overachieving Yankees. Your Angels are up against it but they probably would have a better chance of getting back in the race than Toronto if I had to pick. Lots of firepower in that lineup. . you may have to win some slugfests to get back in it. We have our won issues with pitching. That fucking kid Buck threw to the wolves yesterday. I hope they are planning to pick up someone on the market that can fill that number 4 spot. I do not have any idea the status on Bundy? EBK, if you have info can you post it?

Oops. I am on the baseball thread aren't I?

Priceless Rick!LOL! :bubble:

I do not have any idea the status on Bundy? EBK, if you have info can you post it?

Well, I just checked the O's website (since I haven't been paying a lick of attention to Bundy) and they say as of April 29th, he's on 6 weeks rest. MRI was negative, so they're hoping for the best.

Archived