2013 Baseball Thread...

paul carruthers

Wow, 3 consecutive blown saves for Johnson, I can only imagine what the O's fans on the board must be thinking. :mad:

This one is thinking she's glad she's watching the Mel Brooks documentary on PBS...

Wow, 3 consecutive blown saves for Johnson, I can only imagine what the O's fans on the board must be thinking. :mad:

I am disgusted. We outhit them in regulation 12-6 and fucking lose? Chen is out another week. I see Gonzalez will pitch tonight and I am hoping they stop the bleeding tonight. they may need to score 12 to do it. i expect them to come out swinging. Will we ever see Bundy? Time to make a trade and fast. Its not too late for us. We are still in better shape than the Angels and Jays. If we wake up, we can get back on track. Johnson has been horrendous. 3-1 count and one out and he fucking does not have the common sense to NOT throw the fucker down the pipe.

It doesn't matter what I am thinking. What is Buck thinking? Johnson has been money. He had only 3 blown saves all last season. Now he has 3 back to back in a row consecutively. I am hoping Gonzalez will right the ship. Taking 2 from NY will still be huge, if the birds can get them.

The man, Matt Harvey taking the hill today against Mat Latos of the Reds who is no scrub himself. As always, I'm wondering if the Mets offense will give Harvey any support.

Nice walk off winner for the O's last night, maybe it will be the kick in the butt that team needs or maybe the Yanks will romp 'em tonight.

The man, Matt Harvey taking the hill today against Mat Latos of the Reds who is no scrub himself. As always, I'm wondering if the Mets offense will give Harvey any support.

Nice walk off winner for the O's last night, maybe it will be the kick in the butt that team needs or maybe the Yanks will romp 'em tonight.

Paul. Why would you think that? Our hitting is no fucking joke fella. You dont think we are going to score some damn runs tonight? Think again. I think we will beat them again and get it going. I dont have the balls to take your boys against a hot Cincy club that can hit better than the Mets any day of the week. Even though Harvey is great.

^^ Yeah, this might be the best lineup Harvey has faced all year. I got a feeling runs might be at a premium for the Mets. As for the O's, I'm just looking at the starter's stats. Kuroda going for the Yanks is no joke, it will be a stiff test for the O's tonight but as always I'm pulling for you.

Well, it looks like Harvey may be the tough luck loser today, only given up 3 runs so far but with the woeful Mets offense 3 runs is plenty. Meanwhile Atlanta is looking like the unstoppable machine again & lucky for us Mets fans we get them next on the schedule. It might not be pretty.

smiley-sad006.gif

Paul. Why would you think that? Our hitting is no fucking joke fella. You dont think we are going to score some damn runs tonight? Think again. I think we will beat them again and get it going.

What can I say except when you're right, you're right. Baltimore is mashing so far & your boy Weiters went deep. Woo-hoo!

What the fuck is Buck Showalter's problem with bunting? Another fucking double play after a lead off hit and he could have sacrificed the guy to second and got some insurance. Now I have to eat the fucking couch again and hope this bullpen holds. I am sick of him throwing standard baseball practice out the window. We had better get these 6 outs. The fucking guy does not know the meaning of the word bunt. Its just plain stupid baseball.

What the fuck is Buck Showalter's problem with bunting? Another fucking double play after a lead off hit and he could have sacrificed the guy to second and got some insurance. Now I have to eat the fucking couch again and hope this bullpen holds. I am sick of him throwing standard baseball practice out the window. We had better get these 6 outs. The fucking guy does not know the meaning of the word bunt. Its just plain stupid baseball.

He's only following in the footsteps of the Sainted Earl Weaver, whose favorite play was the 3 run homer...

Besides, it's not like we were playing for one run. I believe we had a small cushion.

He's only following in the footsteps of the Sainted Earl Weaver, whose favorite play was the 3 run homer...

Besides, it's not like we were playing for one run. I believe we had a small cushion.

I do not believe in cushion's lately. Not when Johnson has been driving me to drink. Blowing saves and having all these banged up starters. The smart play is to bunt the runner in the 8th inning after the lead off hit. Its a no brainer. I know Buck is great. But I just do not understand him sometimes. But he did the right thing in the 9th, resting Johnson for Toronto? Or putting him in the dog house? I do not know which is the case? But, great win. Much needed

Oh, I must add, if he was doing anything in Earl Weaver's likeness, he sure as hell does not fight like Earl. Last week Wieters threw a guy out at second and they called him safe. Earl would have been out of the dugout and tossed .. I dont think Buck likes to fight the umps like Earl did.

Those Royals look like they may be fading away, meanwhile the machine that is the Atlanta Braves roll into New York to step all over my Mets.

The Mets do not look good. You guys need a rebuild but at least you have an ace

Looks like some races are going to be tight to the end. the NL West for example, I believe any team could win that one. I am sort of leaning towards Arizona but who knows? The AL East is as promised, a dog fight. I think if the Orioles can fix our starting rotation, get Chen back and get Bundy up, they can start to string some wins together. Tonight a kid from Norfolk makes his debut. There are large expectations for this kid, Gausman. I am hoping and praying he has a good start. Hammel, Gonzalez and Tillman we have and are a good three punch. We just need to get that 4th spot in order and Fred Garcia? On and off. If this kid tonight pans out and Bundy comes through, we will be plenty tough. We have the bats. you know it. Chris Davis and Adam Jones and Hardy and McClouth can score us enough runs to win.

Light schedule today, I think the game I'm getting is Indians/Red Sox. O's start a four game set with the Jays, should be interesting.

What makes it real interesting is a AAA pitcher from Norfolk getting his Major league debut. Ill be biting my nails off every pitch and hoping Chris Davis and Adam Jones have a big night.

I do not believe in cushion's lately. Not when Johnson has been driving me to drink. Blowing saves and having all these banged up starters. The smart play is to bunt the runner in the 8th inning after the lead off hit. Its a no brainer. I know Buck is great. But I just do not understand him sometimes. But he did the right thing in the 9th, resting Johnson for Toronto? Or putting him in the dog house? I do not know which is the case? But, great win. Much needed

Oh, I must add, if he was doing anything in Earl Weaver's likeness, he sure as hell does not fight like Earl. Last week Wieters threw a guy out at second and they called him safe. Earl would have been out of the dugout and tossed .. I dont think Buck likes to fight the umps like Earl did.

I was at quite a few of those games, 91 wow!! I know was not at that many.

BTW it was nice to be able to talk trash to all Pinstripe ponies today. They have all the excuses for why they lost the series. I am glad to see Buck has the ship on 2 game win streak now.

72011094.jpg

Any man that can control bassetts has my vote. It takes a lot of patience and care. Trust me.

I was at quite a few of those games, 91 wow!! I know was not at that many.

BTW it was nice to be able to talk trash to all Pinstripe ponies today. They have all the excuses for why they lost the series. I am glad to see Buck has the ship on 2 game win streak now.

72011094.jpg

Any man that can control bassetts has my vote. It takes a lot of patience and care. Trust me.

Great pic. We are not going to fall apart and fade away like some probably thought after that 6 game skid. Chen will be back soon. I am hoping this kid pans out tonight. It would be nice to go up there and take 3. Go O's!!!!!

Archived