2013 Baseball Thread...

paul carruthers

Whoo, that's quite a whooping the Indians put on the Sox last night. I don't know if the Indians have the pitching to stay in the AL Central race with Detroit, but they look good so far. Yankees have to play the Rays who always give them hell, while the machine that is the Atlanta Braves get ready to steamroll the Mets, oi.

Whoo, that's quite a whooping the Indians put on the Sox last night. I don't know if the Indians have the pitching to stay in the AL Central race with Detroit, but they look good so far. Yankees have to play the Rays who always give them hell, while the machine that is the Atlanta Braves get ready to steamroll the Mets, oi.

Home Run Atlanta!!! Yowzer

^ Valencia and Adam Jones kept the long ball alive even with the Dome open. Valencia as sweet as his name in his orange debut. 2 HRs in 2 games. Buck finds another diamond in rough. Not to mention Garcia with his first win.

The machine that is the Braves keep on rolling. The O's keep on rolling in Toronto, Dickey gets roughed up again, I guess that knuckleball was not dancing today. Yankees still in first place in the East, how do they do it?

Yankees have a knack for winning. Even with a decimated team they find a way. Braves seem like they are the real deal along with Texas. They both seem to be showing the most promise.

Yankees have a knack for winning. Even with a decimated team they find a way. Braves seem like they are the real deal along with Texas. They both seem to be showing the most promise.

Well my Orioles are right there and when they get this rotation fixed they will be right there also. We just left the bases loaded twice. We are outhitting them 10-4 but only up 2-1. Gonzalez pitching well. So with him and Tillman and Chen we simply must figure out the other spot. Garcia beat Dickey yesterday and that was huge. what we really need is Bundy to arrive and be good. But we can hit with anyone. I do not think we are going away

Yanks and Sawx in a virtual tie for first, although the yanks are ahead on percentage points. Don't look now but Strider's Angels have reeled off 8 straight wins, although I think they've dug themselves too deep of a hole early to dig their way out of it, unfortunately. I wonder how many runs the Braves are going to pound off Marcum tonight & Rick I just saw the O's highlights, tough way to lose a ballgame.

It's an all interleague Memorial Day schedule, with a lot of intriguing matchups; O's/Nats, Mets/Yankees, Indians/Reds, Giants/A's, hell even the Angels/Dodgers series could be fun to watch. I think I'm getting the O's/Nats game today & wondering what will happen if the Orioles have a lead going into the 9th inning. Do they dare bring in Johnson for the save?

The O's fans took over Gnats park. A Great win for the Baltimore bats to come alive. Manny is on a tear. O'Day has to be the closer apparent now.

I am going back next week to see the Mets series. I'll pull for the home team this time.

The O's fans took over Gnats park. A Great win for the Baltimore bats to come alive. Manny is on a tear. O'Day has to be the closer apparent now.

I am going back next week to see the Mets series. I'll pull for the home team this time.

Huge win to bounce back after Johnson gave away that game to Toronto. I hope Harvey shuts the Yankees down tomorrow. No reason to think he wont after today. thanks Mets. I hope this kid has a better outing for us tomorrow (Gausman) and i wonder when we may see Bundy? I would think Chen is almost ready. He will be a sight for sore eyes. We are hanging in. Go Orioles!!!

Yanks and Sawx in a virtual tie for first, although the yanks are ahead on percentage points. Don't look now but Strider's Angels have reeled off 8 straight wins, although I think they've dug themselves too deep of a hole early to dig their way out of it, unfortunately. I wonder how many runs the Braves are going to pound off Marcum tonight & Rick I just saw the O's highlights, tough way to lose a ballgame.

Well we bounced back in fashion beating the Nats. We are only 3 back with all the pitching problems that we can solve. I do not agree that its too late for the Angels to get back into it. Only 8 back and only 5 out of a wild card. They are in it. As for the poster from Winter Haven, he thinks the Marlins are coming back? I think he is joking.

Putting things in further perspective, we are a half a game ahead of the mighty big bad Tigers who we play this weekend I believe. Slugfest?

The Mets in primetime tonight with Harvey taking the bump, although against the Yankees I can't say I'm feeling too good about it. This might be Harvey's stiffest test yet not counting the Reds game.

The mighty machine that is the Braves seems to be grinding to a halt vs. the Jays. It happens, those losing streaks.

Costly error by Marlon Byrd allowing a runner to advance to second base & of course the Yanks drive him in. Matt is pitching a beauty of a game, but once again I have to wonder if that weak ass Mets offense will pick him up. The way things are going, 1 run could be the death knell of the Mets.

smiley-sad006.gif

Yeah Paul, the Angels won 8 straight...and still were 9 back of Texas. Then they promptly lose two in a row to the Dodgers in this 4-game home-and-home Freeway Series, losing more ground.

The big question arrives tonight. Jered Weaver comes back from the DL and starts against the Dodgers. If he can regain his form and be the ace of the staff again, it might help the Angels make up some ground. But if he struggles and is ineffective or worse, gets injured again, then I don't see the Angels catching Texas.

Mets beating the Yankees all about the head & shoulders early, why they couldn't have exploded for some runs last night when Harvey was pitching I have no idea but it is what it is & with Hefner pitching, even with a 5-run lead I'm a little nervous. :unsure:

Archived