2013 Baseball Thread...

paul carruthers

So much for that Mets rally, eh Rick! :rolleyes:

I know how you feel, Paul. My Angels lost to Houston tonight...again! We have a four-game series with them this weekend and we still haven't beaten them once all year!

It's after midnight and the Padres finally finished off Toronto in the 17th inning, 4-3. That's nearly two games...I'd say the fans got their money's worth.

Did you guys hear about that game in KC the other night? Due to rain delay it ended at 330 their time. 430 EST my time. No I did not stay up to watch. LOL> Another late one in Cleveland last night. I am assuming they let those loyal fans sneak down into the box seats? I used to do it in AAA. Watching Orioles to be come up. Guys like Don Baylor, Bobby /Grich, Cal Ripken, etc. So I see Verlander is 7-0 vs us. Well, we are sending out Hammel so its not gimme for them. No way. Of course they are favored as they were yesterday. We never get much respect but we are finally starting to on the major networks. Oh, Paul, I bet your Mets today. Yikes. I also stuck my neck out with the Dodgers, KC, and on more sensible ones Toronto, St Louis, Arizona to slow down the Cubbies. If the Cubs win today it will really be an eye opener.

Back to that KC game. They fucking flew out at 330 am KC time. Its not a three hr flight from KC to Texas but somehow they got to their hotel at 630 am in Texas. Ouch. Of course they got rocked and I wish I had this info.

Yeah, I don't know what time that Rays/Indians game ended last night, but they got to come back to play an afternoon game at 1 O' clock. No rest for the weary I suppose.

I think I'll be watching that Tigers/Orioles game on MLB Network today. Verlander can be touched up at times & Baltimore certainly has the lineup to do it, but you got to get him early.

As for betting on the Mets, I don't know about that one...

Yeah, I don't know what time that Rays/Indians game ended last night, but they got to come back to play an afternoon game at 1 O' clock. No rest for the weary I suppose.

I think I'll be watching that Tigers/Orioles game on MLB Network today. Verlander can be touched up at times & Baltimore certainly has the lineup to do it, but you got to get him early.

As for betting on the Mets, I don't know about that one...

The only team to have a losing record vs the Marlins are the Mets. I think the Mets are not likely to lose two straight to them. If I am wrong it wont cost me much. Verlander and Hammel should be a good one. Its not like we dont have a good pitcher going out there also. He may not have Verlander's image and glory, yet, but he is good. And like Verlander you have to hit him early. I imagine the Tigers are in a foul mood after that shot by Dickerson. But we have to be better than them to get in because we have tougher teams in our division. Period. They have an up and coming KC team and the White Sox are on and off. The Indians may be the team that takes them to the wire this time? Who knows. But they are not the Yankees and Red sox and Rays and Blue jays. We are in a bitch of a division. This year it may be considered softer, especially given NY's injuries. But how do you have so many injuries in a baseball season before the season starts? Its baffling to me?

Must run. Hope to return for the game

Strasburg on the DL again for the Washington. This is beginning to remind me of the Chicago Cubs' travails with Mark Prior and Kerry Wood and their revolving stints on the DL.

They don't make pitchers like they used to.

Strasburg on the DL again for the Washington. This is beginning to remind me of the Chicago Cubs' travails with Mark Prior and Kerry Wood and their revolving stints on the DL.

They don't make pitchers like they used to.

I am glad you brought this up. Its a good thing Davey Johnson is the manager and not Strasnuts. They fucking kid is clueless. Wanted to go out there and fuck his self up worse. Good call Davey. Won the game too.

Wow, 3 consecutive homers by the Tigers & then Hammel hits a Detroit batter with a slider and gets ejected from the game. Hammel not happy & Buck Showalter definitely hot.

Cant win them all. We will live another day. Your Mets on the other hand? And dont I bet these Blue Jays against team they should be beating tonight. Took them with the Cardinals, a winner, and Arizona and those big bad Angels that cant get out of their own way either. There is no shame in losing to Verlander. We will outslug them tomorrow.

Stick a big fork in the Angels and Blue Jays. Both busts in pre season predictions. The teams that will make it in the AL, Let me start with my Orioles, Tigers, Texas, Boston and then either Oakland or the Yankees for the last wild card. I cannot totally dismiss the Indians but I say its not very likely. But they could beat out Oakland or the Yankees I guess. Oh, and I cannot forget Tampa. Its going to be a brawl in the AL East between the O's, Red Sox and Tampa and Yankees it seems. But the Yankees may be slipping out of it. Once we get Chen back I expect us to roll. We are not going to get swept by Houston. My light parlay is in already for tomorrow. Mets with Harvey. Cinch coming off two losses. Angels (yes, I cant see them losing again to Houston), Atlanta, and Phillies with Cliff Lee. A $5 wager on those four teams only returns $19. I like my chances

Harvey's still in the game but he's given up 4 runs & thrown now 86 pitches as I type. But the Mets offense has put up 6 so Matt may still get the win even though he hasn't had his great stuff today. Crazy game... :wacko:

Mets are up and all of my games on that 4 teamer are looking good. Angels are later. Porcello is pitching great for Detroit. Maybe his best game of the year. But the kid we have up from AA is coming of age. This is by far his best game so far and he is showing promise. Only 1-0.

Archived