2013 Baseball Thread...

paul carruthers

I like to think Texas is just going through a slump & that Toronto isn't going to put a scare in anybody who's sitting atop the AL East, but I could be wrong. The Blue Jays next series is with the Rockies, so that could be interesting...

Interesting to see how much more money I can win on my off shore. Toronto will bury them

Rick,really is it September? Your the one talking pills,...

Do not attack me personally for a medical condition over a baseball game. You should know better. Very rare you type more than one word. When you do its usually senseless like in this case. I have to have wires put in my spine so yes I take meds but I know what I am doing and saying unlike you. We kicked your Bostonian ass's.

Well Velverde has now caused me to take two late night bike rides. I just can't watch anymore. As one reporter mentioned, "His fastball is flatter than Kansas". It's painful to keep throwing him out there. This one falls squarely on the GM, Dombrowski. He knew relief pitching was needed, and did absolutely nothing to try and solve the problem.

Our starting catcher Avila is hitting .164 Not sure how long you can stick with that. He looks totally lost at the plate. We'll need a shortstop soon too, as Peralta is on the hit list.

15 straight quality starts is the good news. Will we have the balls to trade a starting pitcher to fill the holes ? How much is a Scherzer or Fister worth ?

Well Velverde has now caused me to take two late night bike rides. I just can't watch anymore. As one reporter mentioned, "His fastball is flatter than Kansas". It's painful to keep throwing him out there. This one falls squarely on the GM, Dombrowski. He knew relief pitching was needed, and did absolutely nothing to try and solve the problem.

Our starting catcher Avila is hitting .164 Not sure how long you can stick with that. He looks totally lost at the plate. We'll need a shortstop soon too, as Peralta is on the hit list.

15 straight quality starts is the good news. Will we have the balls to trade a starting pitcher to fill the holes ? How much is a Scherzer or Fister worth ?

You have the best starting rotation in the big leagues easily. So why are you panicking? Because my boys are coming to town with big Chris Davis? Should be a good one. The O'S are pursuing another starter. But getting Chen back will help. Two names came up. Detroit will want a fortune for the two you mentiioned. Sherzer will never be moved

Looking at the standings, I think it's safe to say there are several teams out of it, the Angels & Dodgers being just 2 of the biggest disappointments of the season.

If I could revise my picks, it looks like Atlanta & St. Louis in the NL East and Central & I still like the Giants for the NL West. Wild Cards could be the Reds & whoever finishes 2nd in the West.

Looking at the standings, I think it's safe to say there are several teams out of it, the Angels & Dodgers being just 2 of the biggest disappointments of the season.

If I could revise my picks, it looks like Atlanta & St. Louis in the NL East and Central & I still like the Giants for the NL West. Wild Cards could be the Reds & whoever finishes 2nd in the West.

I think anyone could win the NL West. St Louis probably has too much in the Central and they would be my pick easily. Cincy I believe can get a wild card. But I still think Washington will make a move and if they dont catch Atlanta will be in the running for a wild card. The American league, I do not think you can count the Angels or Toronto out just yet. Its to early. Look at what Toronto just did. Went to Texas and swept them. They may come at all of us before its over. I still believe my Orioles will win the East. They are shopping for another starter and we know Chen will be back. So they mean business. In the field they are as good as any team in baseaball. They have it all. Most likely 4 gold gloves and they can hit all the way through their lineup. Davis, Jones, Machado, Markakis and Hardy are just a few names worth mentioning. I still do not know how good Boston or the yankees are? I know how good we are. And the only issue is pitching. With good pitching the O's are the best team in the East and maybe the AL. Must respect the Tigers also as they have the best starting rotation in baseball. On to Motown. It will be tough. The Red Sox get Tampa tomorrow and that is no picnic.

Well Red Sox and Orioles fans, the Angels did their best to sweep the Yankees but $254 million Pujols struck out with the bases loaded.

Oh well, they took 2 out of 3, which ain't bad. Hope you all appreciated our help.

Well Red Sox and Orioles fans, the Angels did their best to sweep the Yankees but $254 million Pujols struck out with the bases loaded.

Oh well, they took 2 out of 3, which ain't bad. Hope you all appreciated our help.

Indeed. Thanks. No reward for taking 3 of 4 from Boston. Now we have to go to Detroit. We will have to get to their pitchers after the 5th inning. And hope ours hold up. Still waiting for status on Chen.

So, what is the Mets reward for a comeback win against the Cubs; we go to Atlanta to play the Braves. I'm not looking forward to that ass whoopin'.

smiley-sad006.gif

The Orioles are going with Jake Arrieta tonight. He was recalled from Norfolk. There is some negative comments on some of the sports forums. But I know what Jake can do when he is pitching well. He is good. Hammel is likely for tomorrow and then I suppose Tillman. I am hoping Chen is pitching by next week at least. He can give us a big boost in the rotation. But I also hear Baltimore is pursuing two different starters. I heard the names, but cannot bring them to mind. Even if we can get 5 decent innings out of Arrieta it would be good. Of course they have Sherzer going. Yikes. Based on the pitching matchup, we are underdogs tonight. But the Orioles always have a chance to win with that lineup. They have hit Sherzer and Adam Jones is 8 for 15 against him. Last time in Baltimore he had no decision and the Orioles won on that walk off homer 7-5

Hmmm, the Blue Jays have won 6 in a row. Don't know if it's enough to dig themselves out of the early hole they dug, but it's interesting nonetheless. Harvey today for the Mets & as always, I wonder if the poor guy will get any runs today. Playing against the machine that is the Braves doesn't ease my concerns either.

Harvey's a winner! whoo.gif

Now we'll see what this Zach Wheeler kid can do tonight. All the reports have this guy being better than Harvey so he's got a lot of hype to live up to.

I bet your Mets with Harvey!!!!! With Toronto so much wait

I bet your Mets with Harvey!!!!! With Toronto so much wait

Heh, and I thought you were done with the Muts. Well, it worked out for you today. ;) I also thought with the Dodgers and Yanks being rained out, MLB Network would show the Tigers game but that's not the case, oh well...

Heh, and I thought you were done with the Muts. Well, it worked out for you today. ;) I also thought with the Dodgers and Yanks being rained out, MLB Network would show the Tigers game but that's not the case, oh well...

Hey Mr Verlander, these Orioles are no pushover fella. Orioles have jumped on Verlander. 6 hits and 3 runs and still batting. Go O's!!!!

5-0 Orioles, and Rick you may be on to something with those Blue Jays, just murdering the Rockies... :wacko:

Britton just got Cabrera to ground out with two out and two on. Huge out. 5-1 and the kid is pitching out of his mind. Verlander is gone.

We be mowing down some Tiger ass's baby!!! Looks like we may end the spell vs Verlander who we sent packing in the 4th. That was no error on Many Machado. Davis should have had the catch IMO. Oh well. We are beating a tough team in their park. The Red Sox get them this weekend. Then I will be a Tigers fan all of a sudden. I never had anything against the Tigers to be honest. Always respected their organization. We do not see them too often. Thank God with that rotation. Britton gets called up from Norfolk and pitches out of his mind. Who saw this coming?

Zach Wheeler looked pretty good last night. I'm not ready to say better than Harvey, but if the kid gets his command down & cuts down on his walks, we could have a very nice 1-2 punch in that rotation & taking 2 from the mighty Atlanta Braves is pretty cool too. B)

Zach Wheeler looked pretty good last night. I'm not ready to say better than Harvey, but if the kid gets his command down & cuts down on his walks, we could have a very nice 1-2 punch in that rotation & taking 2 from the mighty Atlanta Braves is pretty cool too. B)

How about this kid Britton beating Verlander and us running Verlander? How about that? They moved the O's/Yankees game to the Sunday night game of the week. The Orioles are getting attention once again. And deservingly so. They are close to the top two or three in most batting categories. Nobody has a better offense than Baltimore. Nobody.

Archived