2013 Baseball Thread...

paul carruthers

^^ Yep, beating Verlander was big & a win today would be nice, although the O's are getting no help from the Rays at the moment. Still 2.5 back of the Sawx...

2 1/2 games is meaningless in June. If we were up by two and a half games do you think I would sit here and feel like its over? Come on. What are you shovelin? Likely they both get in anyway, especially with the Yankees injury woes. Either Toronto or the Angels could sneak in after bad starts.

Heh, I'm not shoveling anything, just stating the facts. :P But it looks like Boston and Baltimore will get in, a division winner and a wild card, it's just a matter of who finishes first. As for that 2nd wild card, I'm looking at Texas or Oakland & I still say Toronto and the Angels dug themselves too deep a hole to climb out of, but we shall see.

Heh, I'm not shoveling anything, just stating the facts. :P But it looks like Boston and Baltimore will get in, a division winner and a wild card, it's just a matter of who finishes first. As for that 2nd wild card, I'm looking at Texas or Oakland & I still say Toronto and the Angels dug themselves too deep a hole to climb out of, but we shall see.

We have to face Dickey. He scares the hell out of me. Ever hit a knuckleball when you were a kid in little league? The fucker does not move

Perhaps I am selling Texas short, but that recent ass whipping they took at home to Toronto does not sit well with me. Toronto has won 7 in a row. They are on Tampa's heels. I hope my O's put some brakes on them. I hope the Tigers help us out when they play Boston. But first, we have business with them tonight. Tillman has an edge over Porcello on paper. He is 1-4 vs Baltimore and Tillman 1-0 vs Detroit.

Perhaps I am selling Texas short, but that recent ass whipping they took at home to Toronto does not sit well with me. Toronto has won 7 in a row. They are on Tampa's heels. I hope my O's put some brakes on them. I hope the Tigers help us out when they play Boston. But first, we have business with them tonight. Tillman has an edge over Porcello on paper. He is 1-4 vs Baltimore and Tillman 1-0 vs Detroit.

Game time is 1pm Rick. Businessman's special.

Sure is some lousy umpiring in this series.

I guess Cabrera won't be getting that Triple Crown, not the way Davis is hitting, wow....

Baltimore has the best offense in baseball. And if our young guys like Britton keep this up, look out. On another note, the Dodgers made thier first appearance in New York since 1981. The series when Pedro Guererro went nuts. Over 32 years. Imagine what the seats cost for this double header today. I saw a Brooklyn jersey in a local store here

The Blue Jays are hot, wonder if the O's will be able to cool them down. Will that knuckleball of Dickey's be dancing & doing tricks Friday?

Well the Orioles are not exactly cold there Paul. 8 in a row is a good streak. They will not get to 11. I do not think they will get to 10. Dickey could give us trouble but then again, we may give him trouble. Chris Davis is a beast. Jones, Machado, Hardy, Markakis, Mcclouth and even Flaherty are all hitting. Their defense is fucking nuts. Machado has a chance to hit more doubles than anyone in history. And the kid is 20!!!! I would say very bright days ahead present and future. I cant believe the number the Dodgers did on the Yankees in game two. I expected Tampa to win tonight because they are just too good to keep losing.

The Blue Jays are hot. The ball thrown at Encarnacion tonight complete b s. Watch out for a sweep O fans. After all its only a game. BBS would like to see any team in the Majors win 25 straight you know.

You are smokin some good stuff if you think you can sweep my Orioles. You are damn nuts. Did you see what they did to Detroit and Boston? You may have a shot with Dickey. You will NEVER sweep

Well the Electricity is on on both fields yuh know :munchies: May the better team win

Are you going to judge the better team based on a game? A series? Come on dude, we are fucking over 10 games ahead of you. I've waited 30 years patiently but my patience is now wearing thin for those that are unwilling to give us any credit. Buck has built a fucking monster

Still no line up on the Orioles and Toronto game. That is because Buck has not revealed his pitcher yet. What a surprise. I would expect Hammel unless he has landed in the dog house off his last outing? Chen is working out but is not cleared for rehab. Sucks. When we get this rotation down we take over the division. We may do it by the end of the weekend if Detroit helps us out and beats the Red Sox. The Yankees getting blasted 6-0 by the Dodgers was pretty shocking. The Dodgers have not been very good. We have the Yankees after Toronto. I know Dickey is going tonight. Will be a tough one as they are rolling with confidence

Yes it should be a good series this evening. See what happens. I like to see Baltimore doing good.

No wonder there is no line. THEY DO NOT PLAY TONIGHT. It starts tomorrow. Today is a travel day for both. Hammel at Dickey tomorrow. Hammel has been hit a bit lately. So the Jays will be favored and also because they are home. Baltimore and Boston are the best road teams in the AL. Boston has a 4 game series with Detroit and it ends with Verlander coming off a loss on Sunday. I like his chances to bounce back. Dickey, we must just hang in there and we can get to them in the later innings. We can outhit Toronto on a bad day. The wreckin machine is comin to town.

Archived