2013 Baseball Thread...

paul carruthers

^^ Well, the O's may not win the division, but I got to think a wild card is in your future. And as we know in any sport, all you have to do is get in & anything can happen.

You are going to write them off over one series? Fucking Garcia is a joke but Chen will return. If that ball does not bounce over the wall in the first inning the entire game would have been different. They will bounce back from this just like they did from that 6 game skid. Boston lost the last two days too. So Why in the hell would you write them off so fast?

I would say they are reverting to form. I'm not as sold on this team as Rick seems to be... I don't think anyone is as sold on a team as Rick is on the O's :)

We will get Chen back and that will place Garcia back on the bench or in the pen. They are looking for an extra starter. Boston and Yankees both lost a couple in a row. So why is it you are ready to write them off over one bad series? If that ball goes over the wall in that crazy stadium on two ground rule doubles it would have changed the outlook of two games. Tillman is getting some rest. The injuns are coming in. We are right there. Do you really think Toronto is going to keep this up? Have faith. Baltimore has 4 gold glovers and the best offense in baseball. We will get it done. Buck knows what he is doing. I cannot believe what I read after a series loss. In a few days this will be long forgotten and you will be back on the bandwagon. Just remember, I have not lost faith. Not one bit

Far be it from me to write off the O's, it's only a 2 game division lead & we're not even at the All-Star break. I'm just saying, the wild card is there if you don't win the division, although it's a little bit of a tougher road, but the AL East is still there for the taking.

News that should make Rick happy, the O's designate Freddy Garcia for assignment & recall Kevin Gausman to fill out the rotation.

A move that should have been made two weeks ago. Good riddens to bad rubbish. Tillman tomorrow should right the ship. No panic from me. We had a 6 gamn skid and came roaring back. Too much talent and they have Chen returning soon. Even with the skid, they did not lose much ground.

5 runs in in the 8th including HR number 28 by Davis and a 3 run shot by Castillas. 6-3 Orioles!!!!!!!!!! Its June Paul. A 4 game bad streak does not mean a team is out of it.

Don't blame Paul. That was me.

Who wants to buy 4 tickets to the O's-Yankees game Sunday evening?

That was days ago. Get a new schtick

whats a schtick there ebk, i like the o's good to see them doing well, living 80 miles north of toronto, we get alot of jays games, hope both teams do well, you should have no problem on the tix, too bad we couldn't be down your way this week end.

Well I think Dickey will win tonight. Looks like the LA Dodgers are finally hot. Another team that was supposed to do better, like the Angels. lets see how long they can stay hot. Arizona seems to be the best team in that division? There is alot of mystery to many of these divisions with the exception of the St Louis Cardinals who are a machine and will be very tough all the way.

I just took a look at the standings, can't believe the Giants are in 4th place, but only 3.5 back of the division lead. We're not even at the all-star break, so plenty of time for the Giants to catch up. I think the Dodgers are just like the Angels, cooked.

And I'm still wondering if the Braves are built for the postseason, the way they strike out & only seem to score when they hit homers. That shit catches up to you in the playoffs, especially in a short 5 game series.

And I think we can put to bed this idea that Zach Wheeler is better than Harvey.

I just took a look at the standings, can't believe the Giants are in 4th place, but only 3.5 back of the division lead. We're not even at the all-star break, so plenty of time for the Giants to catch up. I think the Dodgers are just like the Angels, cooked.

And I'm still wondering if the Braves are built for the postseason, the way they strike out & only seem to score when they hit homers. That shit catches up to you in the playoffs, especially in a short 5 game series.

And I think we can put to bed this idea that Zach Wheeler is better than Harvey.

You are probably right about the Dodgers. But the Angels have all that power. If they go on a tear, like Toronto did, they could get back in it. Not imposibble. Toronto is in last but is back in the race. We have the Yankees coming up soon, Sunday night game of the week. We need to beat them.

Betting on the Mets when Harvey's not starting, I don't know about that? :unsure: Looking at the starters, both have ERAs over 5.00, so maybe you have a shot.

I did my homework and the Mets pitcher had a good record vs White Sox and era. O's underway. Hammel mows em down.

Archived