Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
paul carruthers

2013 Baseball Thread...

Awww shit, there's a tarp on the field in New York. Hopefully the rain, if there is any, won't muck up Harvey's start.

Whew!!!! Man am I glad I stayed clear of those Mutts. :veryhot:

Just heard this stat on MLB Network, Jim Johnson leads the majors with 6 blown saves. Orioles fans cannot be happy, but what's the alternative for closing the door in the 9th inning?

The ups and downs of a 162 game season. Last week, the O's were riding high after a 3 game sweep of the Yanks & now they are on the verge of getting swept.

The ups and downs of a 162 game season. Last week, the O's were riding high after a 3 game sweep of the Yanks & now they are on the verge of getting swept.

This game is 1-0. We just cant get any offense going. One good swing could tie it but now its got to be vs Mariano He is more vulnerable than he once was though. I would like to see them pull this out

Heavens rejoice!!!!! Adam Jones hits one out on Mariono to beat the almighty and wreck the save. Now to leave Johnson on the bench and give the ball to anyone but him. Oh no. He is going with Johnson. Why. Why. He has Hunter

Monster win baby!!!!!! YeeeeeeeeeeHaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!! :toast::party::elvis2:

I nearly ran off the road while listening - fabulous win!!!!!!!

That throw by Machado one of the best EVER.

Angels stinking it up on defense already. Blow a routine fly ball. Then a chinese fire drill in the infield

Angels escaped disaster. Maybe this will have a happy ending

Happy ending!!

I like our chances versus your Texas team there Zepscoda. We may get into a slugfest tonight? I know Darvish is your boy. Holland has decent numbers, and I do have concern about how well this Feldman will pitch? But we are going to score runs on you. It could be a 7-6 game? Chen sits on the bench. I am losing patience. Get out there and get your damn rehab over with in Bowie or Norfolk or wherever they send you. Just get back in the lineup. Then the Orioles are juiced. I hear even from the Yankee reports Baltimore may be shopping for another arm? With this lineup, go for it all now. Young or not. We have the advantage of being young and having defensively the best damn infield in the game. JJ Hardy is freakin nuts. I have Wieters jersey, so next its either JJ, Machado or Davis. I even have my wife in to the Orioles. I may surprise her and get her a Davis jersey. Since he is so "hot". :rolleyes:

I commend Leyland for doing the right thing and adding Machado to the team.

Wow, where did the Tampa Bay Rays come from? All of a sudden they are in 2nd place, sitting only 3.5 back of Boston. A very dangerous team in a division that seems to be full of potential contenders.

The Pirates have lost 3 in a row, is this the beginning of another collapse?

Wow, where did the Tampa Bay Rays come from? All of a sudden they are in 2nd place, sitting only 3.5 back of Boston. A very dangerous team in a division that seems to be full of potential contenders.

The Pirates have lost 3 in a row, is this the beginning of another collapse?

I had your boys. Somehow they won. Tampa has taken advantage of the weak part of their schedule and made no mistakes beating bad teams. We need Chen back yesterday. He sits on the bench and is close they say. Its killing us not having him in that fifth or fourth rotation spot. Britton tonight can be very good. I expect our bats to wake up big time. With the exception of Toronto its all bunched up. I believe Baltimore, Boston and either the Yankees or Tampa may all get in? But it depends on Oakland too. Texas is going nowhere. They will fight Oakland tooth and nail and I say will prevail in the West. The Angels are not out of it but must get real hot. Boston could go down for a fourth straight as they face a very good pitcher tonight. I just hope Minnesota wakes up and wins a game. KC beat the Yankees so they are doing their part. I expected them to go in there and put up a fight. Sabathia is no longer unbeatable. Shields could beat him, will be tough. We need 5 or 6 good innings out of Britton and we need to get to this pitcher tonight. You feel like a million bucks one day and the next like shit. We beat Mariano and passed the Yankees Sunday and then last night when up 3-2 we did not take advantage of a bases loaded situation that could have blown the game open in our favor. Instead they nailed us. Lets see what Tampa does when they play the good teams. They have not faired that well. Oakland at Pittsburgh tonight should be real interesting. That kid Cole is pitchingl Wonder how he will do against Oakland? The American league seems to be better.

Yep, the American League always seems to dominate over the National, at least until we get to the World Series. Could be the case again this year, it all depends on who gets home field advantage & that gets decided by an exhibition game in the middle of July, but that might be an argument for another time.

Yep, the American League always seems to dominate over the National, at least until we get to the World Series. Could be the case again this year, it all depends on who gets home field advantage & that gets decided by an exhibition game in the middle of July, but that might be an argument for another time.

St Louis is a tough team. Probably the best in the NL if not all of baseball. Pittsburgh is having a great year but do they really scare anyone? San Fran has tanked. I think the Dodgers could be a cinderella story, them and this Puig wonder. My Orioles will be well represented in the All Star game. Markakis just fell short of 5 making it. Very soon, Cabrera will be stepping aside and Machado will be the starter at 3rd. Did you see that throw he made against the Yankees? We need Britton to pitch well tonight. Your Mets may be back in the race by next year. Washington is another disappointment so far but they still have time to right the ship. I would like to see Oakland lose a few games. Maybe 3 teams can come out of the AL East>?

Chen finallly returns tomorrow. This is huge no matter how he fairs tommorrow. It gives us the rotation back and looking forward after the all star break they need all of them. These young guys like Gauston and Briton have been ok, but ok will not cut it and we are obviously paying the price. Down 5-4 to Texas in the 7th. Still have a shot but its cost us several victories losing Chen.

The Cubs have been playing well in case nobody has noticed.