2013 Baseball Thread...

paul carruthers

I taped his show for the wife last night, Adam Ant was on. I'll check that Harvey bit out, the clips I heard sounded pretty funny.

I hate to be this way but don't Chris Davis' stats this year, compared to the rest of his career, make you wonder what he's been up to?

He is up to playing damn good baseball. Don't you think he is aware they are watching this shit now>? I cant believe you are even suggesting this. No evidence, People do lift weights believe it or not.

Your boy Harvey has some people mad in Yankee nation Paul. If he is hurt, the Yankees are in worse trouble than ever.

I assume you're rooting for the AL Rick, Joey Bats just came through with a sac fly.

No shit. I bet them too. Flat. Plus over 8 flat and parlayed. I got the AL at good odds. Underdogs. That shocks me a bit. How can you be underdogs with Cabrera and Davis and Cano and Ortiz in the middle of the lineup? No easy outs at all on this roster. I cant wait to see Manny Machado come in

Dave...just about any stadium is better than Shea Stadium was... :)

I enjoyed CitiField. We have a bunch of those concession stands now at Nats Park and they're really good. The park is comfy (especially since it's not all that crowded :) ). I love the fact that they forgot the out of town scoreboard, hence it's way up above the upper deck in left field. The park seems really cozy since it's closed in all around. The only little thing for me was all of the signage. I know there are ads in all ballparks, but in CitiField, they cover just about every inch of the park.

As far as Yankee Stadium goes... I think they did a great job making the actual field seem like "Yankee Stadium". And let's face it, the old stadium was dumpy and cramped as far as the concourses went. The new park is much better - more open, lots more room. Still not a lot of concession variety and not nearly enough beer variety (I have my priorities!)... But, as much as I hate the Yankees, it's still "Yankee Stadium"...there's still something magic about it.

Let's hear it for the best name on the list tonight - Yoenis Cespedes - your 2013 Home Run Derby Champ!!

The ads are a bit much at Citi Field and I agree. But I guess it helps pay for the place and it is NYC. Shea was horrible and I always noticed that with the concourses as Yankee Stadium being so narrow and crowded. Hated that there. You think the prices at the concessions are high at Citi Field or other ballparks, just try Yankee Stadium. Through the roof.

They have the out of town scoreboard in left, on the press and suite level, just above the first deck. That's good enough for me and you can see it well. You don't need a big board like Wrigley Field or Fenway. It's fine.

Cespedes was amazing last night. Fun to watch, but only an exhibition. Wright and Cano seem to take it easy, but hit a few for the fans. Many players feel this can wreck havoc with your swing and it messed up Wright severely several years ago, when he finished 2nd to Ryan Howard and hit 16 in the first round. For Wright's placing in the contest, Metstickets are 30% off this weekend for the Phillies series. That was announced a few days ago, but the amount depended on Wright's performance.

It's Mo time in the 8th inning, makes me wonder who Jim is going to use for the 9th...

I'm guessing he wanted to make sure he got in the game. The bottom of the ninth is never a sure thing.

Come on Paul - Baltimore!! :D

We have as good a shot as anyone. 53 wins and Chen is back and they are shopping for another pitcher. But I dont think we need one. Detroit has the best starting rotation, but we have better defense and I think we can out hit them. Texas scares me alot. But they play the games for a reason. Baltimore is right smack in it and I believe we are the best in the AL East and will prove it. Go see the schedule coming up for the next four weeks and then get back to me. I say in 3-4 weeks we will be firmly in a playoff position and I believe in first place. I like the O's chances. I really do EBK

Okay, as much as Joe and Tim annoy me, that ending was rather touching...

And Rick, I'll say we do have a chance. We just need a bit more starting pitching. But really...stranger things have happened. I'm ready to shell out the bucks for tickets!!!

Okay, as much as Joe and Tim annoy me, that ending was rather touching...

And Rick, I'll say we do have a chance. We just need a bit more starting pitching. But really...stranger things have happened. I'm ready to shell out the bucks for tickets!!!

With the power we have at the plate, you better believe it we have a chance. We have the best lineup in the AL East and certainly the best defensive team in baseball. I say now, gold gloves to Jones, Wieters, Hardy for sure and Machado I say should get it easily. No third baseman is as good as him defensively. Nobody has an arm like him. Chen is back. I am not sure about leaving Feldman in the rotation. If Buck is going to go with a 5 man rotation, he has Chen, Hammel (who has disappointed me at times), Tillman, and Gonzalez who I love. Either seems he wants to give Feldman the shot as the 5th man but Britton and Gausman the kid are available. I think Britton can pitch better than Feldman all around. If they are truly shopping for a Cliff Lee type guy lets say, they have alot to offer a team in return. I would offer Feldman, either Gausman or Britton, and if they want, Pearce or Dickerson on top of it to land a top notch guy that would give us a solid 5 man rotation.

I look at the schedule and like what I see. Tampa now goes on an 11 game road trip starting in Toronto. The Blue Jays know if they want to return to the race they must start out well and keep winning. They have alot of weapons. All you had to do was watch the all star game to see that. The Yankees are in for pure hell. The Red Sox schedule is no picnic either. I think Baltimore has the bets schedule in the next month. The only exception is the first 3 games. At Texas. Yikes. I would send Gonzalez and Chen at their ass's and then Tillman. Save Hammel for the lower teams. Texas has one tough ass lineup. Their problem is their pitching. Depth. With Verlander and Sherzer Detroit has the best starting crew up to four men. Porcello is on and off so they have to hope he pitches well as the Cleveland Indians have been very very good under Francona.

oakland underachieved in the first half, and is still leading their division...They win it all this year, then get broken up for prospects!

I admire your support. I think you are on crack to think Oakland wins it all. They will have to hold off Texas for the division first. And that wont be easy. And they are no certainty for a wild card. Texas, Baltimore, Detroit are all better than Oakland. And my Orioles took 3 out of 4 from you in your park. You cant beat the Orioles or Texas when its all done. Or Detroit

Oakland took Detroit to the brink last year, and it took Verlander's best pitching performence (and a very generous strike zone) to do it. Oakland is another year older, has the best pitching in the AL west, and a very good lineup...

classic Oakland A's baseball, the nation goes who are these guys?!?! The A's keep pumping out wins and division crowns!

Oakland took Detroit to the brink last year, and it took Verlander's best pitching performence (and a very generous strike zone) to do it. Oakland is another year older, has the best pitching in the AL west, and a very good lineup...

classic Oakland A's baseball, the nation goes who are these guys?!?! The A's keep pumping out wins and division crowns!

I hate to break the news to you but we have four gold glovers, the HR leader, 4 all stars, 53 wins in a far tougher division than you play in. Texas is tough. The Angels are on and off and their pitching is a joke. Seattle and Houston? Please. I wish we had Seattle and Houston in our division. Dont you think we would have 60 wins? Cespedes is a great player. Your team is good. Playoff good. But not the best team in the AL IMO. And not as deep as Texas in your own division. Good manager. Good team. Very good team. But a trip to the series? Possible yes. But I do not think they are as good as the 3 I mentioned.

the last 3 WS champs have not been the best teams in baseball, twice the Giants did it with cast offs and unknowns, and the Cards did it the year Albert left! I like the O's a lot, because they remind me of the A's alot, cast offs, smart pickups, homegrown talent...

When they meet up in September, surely the rest of the nation will have heard all about the other by that point!

the last 3 WS champs have not been the best teams in baseball, twice the Giants did it with cast offs and unknowns, and the Cards did it the year Albert left! I like the O's a lot, because they remind me of the A's alot, cast offs, smart pickups, homegrown talent...

When they meet up in September, surely the rest of the nation will have heard all about the other by that point!

Certainly anything can happen and Oakland is on the short list of true contenders. I am not denying that. You should cheer for my boys tomorrow as we go to Texas for 3 tough games. Chen tomorrow and Gonzalez Saturday. I can not believe I may be cheering for the Yankees tomorrow for the first time in my life!!!!!! Seriously. EVER. And Ill be cheering for Toronto to win this series vs Tampa, who has been feasting on bottom dwellers. Well the picnic is over. Tampa has 11 st on the road. I wish we could put a nice fat package together and make the phillies an offer they can't refuse for Cliff Lee.

Since you are an A's fan, my favorite matchup to watch ever was Palmer vs Vida Blue back in the 70's. You talk about fucking smoke! McNally I loved as my fav pitcher But for pure smoke it was Palmer, Blue, Seaver.

Edited by LedZeppfan77