2013 Baseball Thread...

paul carruthers

2nd half begins. My boys send Chen to the mound. Against a tough Texas team. Price is pitching in Toronto. I expect the Jays to come out really trying to get back in.

Ok. So who will get in. I believe NL Atlanta, St Louis, Dodgers, Cincy, Wash (I have to see the Pirates to believe it)

AL Baltimore, Boston, Detroit, Texas and Oakland

Tampa and Cleveland cannot be discounted. But there are only 5 spots. I am certainly scared of Tampa getting in, but I believe in my teams lineup. I believe in Buck.

Must wonder if teams like the Angels and Jays can rally and get back into the race? Can the Phillies get hot and get in? Will Pittsburgh collapse? If Puig is hurt for any extended amount of time, cross off my Dodgers pick and put Colorado in instead. They are notorious for finishing strong. Texas and Oakland have Seattle (who have played much better lately) and Houston, who have also been better, but still not as tough as the AL East. Can KC make a run? I picked them to get in and I am now inclined to think that was a mistake. I did not see the Indians coming and maybe they get in and shock everyone. I think the Yankees are really up against it and its a miracle they are even as close as they are. That should change and the news about Jeter will not help. If they go into Boston and win, I guess Ill be mildly surprised. I hope they do.

So who do you think will be better in the second half? I believe my boy Matt Wieters will have a better second half at the plate. He is fine with the glove. And throwing out those trying to steal.

Go O's!!!!

Going to the game tonight, I'm sitting at Sherlock's with a few pints of Shiner for a pregame.

Lets see what Davis does tonight. Got a feeling he'll be good for at least 2 HR's this series.

Markakis just robbed the Rangers in right field. It would have been out. 2-0 O's. Wieters has a HR. Come on Chen.

Watch the highlights of Markakis's home run robbing catch. About the 4th inning I think

Saw it on SportsCenter when we got back to the hotel. He's pretty good... :)

It must be hell being a Mets fan (which I would be if I was a New Yorker). They host the All-Star game and they talk more about the Yankees than the Mets. I'd be pissed. Sure got a chuckle out of Fielder's triple. The Earth was a rumblin' !

Tigers come back asleep. Lots of trade talk, but I'm more worried about who the Tigs might give up. If I was a rebuilding team, I'd grab Garcia in a heartbeat. He's a 5 tool player that doesn't have a clue what he's doing. We send him down to AAA and he gets mad and hits for the cycle in his first game.

Time for Chris Davis to go in a slump. Not that it matters much. If Cabrera wins three consecutive batting titles, that's a feat in itself. This ain't Boggs or Carew. Miggie hasn't beat out an infield hit in 3 years.

That was a nice play……….a great night, too bad we couldn’t get any run support for Dutch……..Lots of Orange in the crowd, and a few Yankee fans here already for the upcoming series.

Watch the highlights of Markakis's home run robbing catch. About the 4th inning I think

A lot of the talking heads seem ready to declare the Yankees toast if the worst should happen & they get swept by Boston. I don't know if I would go that far yet, I think I've learned my lesson about declaring teams "dead" after the Dodgers suddenly now have life in that weak ass West division.

I just saw the crawl that Erik Bedard has been taken out of the Astros game even though dude was throwing a no-hitter. I guess Bo Porter doesn't want to possibly blow out his pitcher with 148 pitches ala Lincecum. It's still a combined no-hitter though...

Edit to Add: Nevermind, the Mariners just got a hit!

Yes.......if you can call what's going on tonight playing......the ballpark is just north of cowboys stadium.

Good news for me. 3-0 Orioles. We have to keep winning. Things get easier in the schedule when we leave Texas. I would be delighted to win two in Texas. And thanks Yankees.

Archived