2013 Baseball Thread...

paul carruthers

^^ Big one tonight for your O's, playing the Sawx, who as I'm sure you know are 2-5 against the Orioles this year. Tampa plays the Yanks which is always a close series & Harvey pitches tonight (whoo). I'm expecting the Cardinals might mash the Braves, just a feeling I got.

That's quite an ass whoopin' the Rays are putting on the Yanks tonight. Don't know if even Alfonso Soriano can help the Bronx Bombers...

Another 37-38 year-old has been....don't think so! Joey G. has made chicken salad out of chicken shit...it is beginning to spoil in these hot summer months though!

^^ Yeah, Joe Girardi definitely deserves some Manager of the Year considerations. But the Yanks are still in the hunt, only 2.5 back in the Wild Card race...

Kuroda is their best pitcher. When he goes they will be tough. But that is it. Sabathia is not what he was and they do not have enough offense to stay in this to the end IMO. Texas has hitting all through the lineup. Yet their recent struggles are due to pitching. I have my issues with Hammel and am not sure about Feldman. But all in all, we have a solid bullpen, a deep as hell lineup with great hitting, the best defense in baseball, and a great manager. We have to get Hammel to get his act together to make our run easier. We are ahead of Texas and right on the heels of Boston and Tampa. I like our schedule too. Thank God we drew the Dodgers in April. Whew. Who wants to play them right now? Anybody?

Ha. Tampa and Boston both have to go to LA. Good luck

Edited by LedZeppfan77

As soon as I saw Feldman was starting I knew we were screwed. This guys gives up home runs galore. Why did we get him from the Cubs of all teams? I would have given the ball to Britton or the other kid Guasmon. At least you are going to have a shot. This fucker we have to dump. And fast. Tillman was great. Then they give Feldman the ball. Buck has to know its time to dump this guy

Well we are still 6-3 vs Boston. We must dump Feldman. I know others have more patience but I dont. I have seen enough of him. Rather go with Britton. Or Gausmon if Buck has to go with a 5 man rotation. Hammel is another mystery so if we dont hit tomorrow expect to lose. Davis must get back to form. Stop swinging at garbage in the dirt. Looked a little better tonight. Chen, Tillman and Gonzalez I have faith in. Hammel, on the fence. Feldman, a Cub is a Cub is a Cub. Shape up or ship out. I am going to bed mad as hell. Did you see Ortiz and his little tirade? Magilla Gorilla reallly let loose. He got plenty of cat calls but a beer shower was in order

I cannot stand to watch Hammel and his shit pitching any longer. He is as bad as Feldman. We only have three starters. Wieters just threw them out. Nice play Matt. That is why I have your jersey and Hammel's should all be in the salvation army bin. I cannot believe Davis is playing this badly at the plate. He cant hit the broad side of a barn now Just throw the ball in the dirt ten feet before the plate and he will fucking swing. Who is the hitting coach? Buck needs to kick him in the ass. Literally.

Oh my gawd, what the Nats did to the Mets, payback for Friday, I suppose. smiley-sad006.gif

And the good news is we finally get a break in the schedule if there is such a thing? Houston comes in Tues. Hammel and Feldman both suck. So we have to win with three good starters, a very good pen and two closers. But part of the recipe for our success will be Davis and company not having long slumps.

^^ Are you buying into the theory that the Home Run Derby has screwed up Davis' swing? At any rate, he's homerless since the break, but if there is a team to help you bust out of a slump you think it would be the Astros.

Zepscoda's Rangers are fading fast, but they get what may be called a break in their schedule with the Angels. Meanwhile, the Muts drag their sorry asses down to Miami, who have owned them this year, OWNED!!!! smiley-shocked006.gif