2013 Baseball Thread...

paul carruthers

Arizona is a great hitter's ballpark, so expect to see some balls jumping, hopefully more for the O's than Arizona. The O's need to take care of some of these bottom feeders they have on their schedule. Got the job done in San Diego & San Francisco, now to beat the snakes & Rockies.

My Mets get to take on one of the hottest teams in the league, the Dodgers. Not much to look forward to, except for tomorrow night when it's Harvey. Braves have another cupcake on their schedule, the Phillies.

The Braves can go to sleep and still win that division. That race is over. Never was a race. Yes, we need to kick some ass in the desert. We are dogs tonight with fucking Feldman. How the hell Buck can trust him is beyond me. But we might be able to win it 10-9. LOL. Pull Feldman in the third inning. He had best pitch better because I am at the end with my patience for him. Gonzalez tomorrow and I feel confident with that. Tillman vs Corbin on Wed will be a tough fought game. We need to blast them tonight right out of the gates. Look at the standings ye Boston and Tampa faithfull. Look over your shoulders and see their is a flock of birds chasin your ass's!!!! Go Orioles!!!!!!! Sorry your boys have to play Puig and company.

Carlos Corporan just destroyed Yu Darvish's no hit bid, parked one into the seats....

Saw it. And Toronto has totally quit. Oakland hopefully will get a tougher series next time. Another late one for us tonight. I cringe when I see Feldman's name. Why Buck? Well, he better pitch at least decent or this has to be it. He was scheduled to go to the bullpen. Buck must want to rest the rest of the starters. But we need to win every game we can. I hope our bats are hot tonight

^^ Unfortunately, you don't get your wish for Oakland, they have the Astros next on their schedule. Tampa has the Mariners & they miss King Felix for that series, so you better hope the O's take care of business on this west coast swing.

Edited by paul carruthers

^^ Unfortunately, you don't get your wish for Oakland, they have the Astros next on their schedule. Tampa has the Mariners & they miss King Felix for that series, so you better hope the O's take care of business on this west coast swing.

They miss Felix but get the Japanese pitcher whose name I cant spell. Starts with an I. He has had a better year than Felix. And Seattle is far from a pushover. Houston is a loosy goosy team that can be a pain. Worse case, we just hold serve and deal with Oakland later. Things do get tougher for them later unlike Texas. including 3 in Baltimore. We can catch Tampa first. Losers of 5 straight.

Carlos Corporan just destroyed Yu Darvish's no hit bid, parked one into the seats....

I was listening on the radio, I don't mind baseball on the radio, I guess it all depends on the announcers.....Darvish has been bad ass since his brief time on the DL :

Darvish struck out 14 in four prior games this year, including his earlier gem at Houston. His 15 strikeouts on Monday matched his career-high from his professional career in Japan.

He is 3-0 with a 1.52 ERA and 37 strikeouts in three starts in Houston this season, and is 4-1 with a 1.31 ERA and 50 strikeouts in five starts since returning from the disabled list

Edited by zepscoda

HOUSTON, TX - AUGUST 12: Texas Rangers manager Ron Washington #38 gets between A.J. Pierzynski #12 of the Texas Rangers and home plate umpire Ron Kulpa after Pierzynaski was ejected from the game for questioning a ball four call on Jonathan Villar #6 of the Houston Astros at Minute Maid Park on August 12, 2013 in Houston, Texas. (Photo by Bob Levey/Getty Images)

post-841-0-28728400-1376355407_thumb.jpg

If it wasn't for Scherzer, Darvish might be the Cy Young favorite in the AL. Btw, how do you toss a guy during a possible no-hitter? Would have made for a good bit of trivia though, I don't know if there's ever been a no-no with multiple catchers....

Edited by paul carruthers

If it wasn't for Scherzer, Darvish might be the Cy Young favorite in the AL. Btw, how do you toss a guy during a possible no-hitter? Would have made for a good bit of trivia though, I don't know if there's ever been a no-no with multiple catchers....

Tillman has a better record than Darvish I believe. If he wins tomorrow he will be 15-3. Sherzer has it easy right now. And we have to help your boy Harvey by beating Corbin tomorrow. I just got up and saw the 7-6 score tellling me someone in the pen did not do his job. We could have closed to 1 of Tampa. We just have to bounce back and get hot. Maybe this will teach Buck not to trust Feldman again. Put his ass in the pen where he belongs. I have seen enough of him.

The great thing about baseball is you never know what you are going to get...As much as you talk about Oakland fading, the dominant AL east, and Detroit dominating every team they play, you can never predict how baseball is going to go. You just have to wait and see, take it day by day and enjoy it until the season is over!

That's what I love most about baseball. :peace:

I'm hoping this talk of putting an "innings limit" on Matt Harvey, is just talk & not something the Mets are serious about. The fact that they have nothing to play for seems all the more reason to let the guy pitch. He's not going to have any postseason wear & tear on his arm & he's got a legitimate shot at the NL Cy Young; who's to say this won't be his only shot at it? And how did putting an innings limit on Strasburg work for the Nationals last year? Let the young man pitch, damnit!!!

:soapbox:

Finally saw the highlights, another blown save for Jim Johnson. How many of those does Buck Showalter have to see before he makes a change?

I pick up $500 on Sunday. Last night I have a parlay. Houston, Miami and Baltimore. The first two are long shot bombs. All that pile of shit Johnson has to do is get me two outs and I pick up $300. I dont want to see that pile of shit on the mound again. I dont care how many saves he has. He has fucked us on three occasions where we would be ahead of Tampa already. I cant stand the bastard. He sucks. He comes in and throws two in the dirt, goes behind in the count, and guess what? He has to put it down the pipe with thier best fucking hittter up. Out of the fucking park. I knew we were dead with McFarland. I am shocked he got us to the 11th. Our hitting by some guys is not there. Like Machado. He is cold. Sure he makes up for it with his briliant defense. We need to jump on Corbin and have Tillman shut them down for 8 and then give Tommy Hunter or Oday the ball. Fuck Johnson. I would send him to fucking single a or the beer leagues. Put O Day in as the closer for Gods sake. WE are in a fucking race Buck.

Tillman has been solid, but at up over 100 pitches, I don't know if Buck will try to stretch him out for another inning, which means it will be up to the O's bullpen again. Oh my...

K Rod once again is great in the 8th. Now I am hoping buck has enough fucking sense NOT TO PUT JOHNSON IN AGAIN!!!!!! Why would we put him in when he has continuously fucked us and cost us big wins? Leave K Rod in!I

Where is our offense? Why do Adam Jones and Chris Davis swing at bad pitches constantly? And Jones cost us a run on a dropped fly ball at the wall. Getting fed up

Edited by LedZeppfan77

I haven't had anything to cheer for all season as the Angels have been a miserable sack of shit, so I have had to find other outlets for my support.

Like cheering for the Red Sox and Orioles to make the playoffs above the Rays and Yankees...and hoping the Dodgers represent the West instead of SF and Arizona.

Another team I hope makes the playoffs is Pittsburgh. It's been years since the Pirates were any good, so this year as they've been fighting with St. Louis for the Central Division, I began pulling for the Pirates. We need some new blood in the playoffs.

That's why I was also happy to see Kansas City doing well earlier this season. Of course, the Royals couldn't keep it up and they've fallen behind in the AL Central.

Pittsburgh is playing St. Louis in a crucial series that could go a long way towards solidifying their lead in the NL Central. I'm tired of the Cardinals in the playoffs every year, haha.