2013 Baseball Thread...

paul carruthers

Well, once again Harvey comes away from a well pitched ballgame with nothing to show for it. It's enough to drive a man to drink.

smiley-sad016.gif

How about us losing 4 games and blowing the lead. JJ should be on way to beer leagues. We need to bury Tampa. Pittsburgh has begun their decline perhaps? We have Oakland coming in for three also. Huge

David Price certainly likes to take his time on the mound, but it's been effective so far, even if this game goes about 4 hours.

It was a lucky win by them. We out hit them big time and they win by one. I have to put it on Adam Jones. Bad at bats at critical times.. Must move on, forget it and win tonight. Oakland is still in our cross hairs too. So its not just Tampa.

I just wonder where the O's would be in the standings if they had not blown 3 wins vs. Arizona...

Or JJ did not blow those saves. We are not out of it by any means. We can catch Oakland also. But we need a streak. I hope it starts tonight. I do not know what moves we would make if things go south? But locking Hardy in is a must

I think Miquel was hitting homers so he didn't have to run around the bases......seriously.

Davis hit another tonight. What does that mean he does not have to run the bases? Are you suggesting your boy is hitting his farther? That makes no sense. Anyway, season saved. Picked up this laptop and same fucking problem. Have to take back in tomorrow. I

I do think the series will be Detroit and LA. Wish we were in that dick division

Edited by LedZeppfan77

I see Buck used some brains & did not go to Johnson in the 9th. Good job, you're in the fight of your life for a playoff spot, just wish he had done it a few games ago in Arizona, but it is what it is. Next up, the Oakland A's.

Meanwhile, my Mets get the Tigers, oh my. Rick wishes the O's had the Tigers schedule, or maybe the Rangers. Cupcakes a plenty.

Edited by paul carruthers

Davis hit another tonight. What does that mean he does not have to run the bases? Are you suggesting your boy is hitting his farther? That makes no sense. Anyway, season saved. Picked up this laptop and same fucking problem. Have to take back in tomorrow. I

I do think the series will be Detroit and LA. Wish we were in that dick division

No.....Miguel could not physically run, so he was purposely trying to hit the long ball during that stretch......something he rarely does. I happened to switch to ESPN2 when Davis hit that homer. He absolutely crushed it. I just think it would be swell if Miguel won consecutive Triple Crowns because it would separate him from all the comparisons people are making against others.

The Tigers have used only 6 starters all year, the only team in the majors to do so. Not only have they pitched well, but they have stayed healthy. They are our strength, and we'll only go as far as they take us.....just like last year. Our new shortstop helps our pitchers. We'll miss his bat, but Peralta had been a liability at short for years. Iglasias makes us a much better defensive team up the middle. I enjoy watching the Orioles for that very reason....a very solid team in the field.

No.....Miguel could not physically run, so he was purposely trying to hit the long ball during that stretch......something he rarely does. I happened to switch to ESPN2 when Davis hit that homer. He absolutely crushed it. I just think it would be swell if Miguel won consecutive Triple Crowns because it would separate him from all the comparisons people are making against others. y

The Tigers have used only 6 starters all year, the only team in the majors to do so. Not only have they pitched well, but they have stayed healthy. They are our strength, and we'll only go as etas they take us.....just like last year. Our new shortstop helps our pitchers. We'll miss his bat, but Peralta had been a liability at short for years. Iglasias makes us a much better defensive team up the middle. I enjoy watching the Orioles for that very reason....a very solid team in the field.

I am not going to deny Cabrera is by far the better over all hitter. No doubt. Chris must learn to take more pitches. I know Cabrera is hurting. Yes, Our defense, and Wieters won for us last night. We need to sweep Oakland. Detroit looks mighty good.

Edited by LedZeppfan77

I don't think anything is going to stop Davis from taking the home run crown, but unless I'm mistaken this would be Miggy's 3rd consecutive batting title. Not bad at all.

And I'm already looking ahead to Saturday's Tigers/Mets tilt; Scherzer vs. Harvey. Sounds great on paper but then again it might be a pitching dud & I know all too well the Mets offensive struggles when Harvey is pitching. 12 no decisions I believe, just imagine if half of those no decisions would have been wins, Harvey might be a lock for Cy Young. Oh well...

Well, according to Chris Davis, Roger Maris is still the home run king for a season, so roid-free is the answer, I suppose. Don't know if Davis will get to 61, but 50+ is definitely in the cards.

If he does not get injured he will get 50 at the drop of a hat. He has 46. 55 is likely. 60? It may be close. I hope he gets there. But I hope more we sweep Oakland to really make up ground. We go to Boston next week. So two huge series. Yankees at Tampa, and i would expect Kuroda to beat them. After that anyones guess. Boston has a slight edge tonight at the Dodgers as the Dodgers have had to travel back from the East and Boston is already on the coast. I have noticed this has been a problem for West coast teams returning the first night. If the Dodgers beat them tonight, I think a sweep could be in order. If things go right, we could really make a run at them this week. The Yankees are thinking the same thing. But I do not like their third and fourth pitcher either. Petttite is far from what he was and against good teams I think they will get to him. He beat a Toronto team that has quit. We play them 7 times. But Baltimore and the Yankees must make up ground now. Oakland is one of the targets and now they have to play someone that is a contender. Just hope Norris is on. Tillman tomorrow and I will feel alot better with him on the mound. Davis and Jones and Machado must start to dig in at the plate. We need them to come through now and stop swinging at bad pitches. In the NL I am gaining more respect for Cincy. The Reds could really be the sleeper over there.

The Yankees have been rolling lately, but I would like to see what they do when they are not playing a patsy like Toronto. If they win this series with the Rays, then I'll be impressed.

Sox and Dodgers tonight, a possible World Series preview??? smiley-confused002.gif

Put the pipe away. Detroit is better than Boston and so are we.

Boston is going to suck out and miss Greinke and Kershaw. Still think the Dodgers take the series. I sure hope they do. Detroit and LA are the favorites right now to meet in the series and should be. I think Cincy is the biggest worry for the Dodgers. Atlanta too but the injury could hurt if the left fielder is not back. In the AL Detroit has to be the favorite big time. After Detroit you have a good list and my birds are on it for sure.

Put the pipe away. Detroit is better than Boston and so are we.

What you say is true, but as we all know, the best team doesn't always win. If the best team always did win then Detroit and the Texas Rangers would have 2 World Series titles apiece in this decade.