2013 Baseball Thread...

paul carruthers

What you say is true, but as we all know, the best team doesn't always win. If the best team always did win then Detroit and the Texas Rangers would have 2 World Series titles apiece in this decade.

You are correct. Some huge series starting tonight. My boys had best win

I think it's safe to say that the Mets are the poorest offensive team I've seen this year. I think I might be able to take some better swings than Davis....guy looks totally lost at the plate. Matzakus and a reliever were featuring 85-88 mph fastballs last nite. That's not even major league stuff. Miggy ran last nite better than he has in a month...good sign. He sure has put on a show this year for the New York fans. I can't believe that no one has tried to bunt down the third base line on him in the last month.

I'm starting to wonder if Verlander is even going to be a scheduled starter in a 5 game playoff series. Sanchez and Scherzer have been lights out, and Fister has been far more consistant. He looks very frustrated on the mound. Not sure how that's going to play out if he doesn't get straightened out before the playoffs. It's not a velocity problem....I think it's a Kate Upton problem. lol

Should be a good national game today. Only problem is Scherzer gets to face an AAA lineup, and Kramer goes against the best in baseball.

Cleveland isn't going away.

^^ Well Bong-Man, you got Harvey today, although given the Mets offensive pattern this year, Harvey may only give up 2 runs and still lose or get yet another "no decision." smiley-sad006.gif

Btw, I know this has been a "down" year for Verlander, at least by his lofty standards, but I still got to think Jim Leyland is going to run him out there as the Game 1 starter for the ALDS.

Here's hoping Buck Showalter going to Johnson in the 9th won't come back to bite him in the ass. It worked out last night, but I would still be scared to see him coming in to close a game if I was an O's fan...

^^ Well Bong-Man, you got Harvey today, although given the Mets offensive pattern this year, Harvey may only give up 2 runs and still lose or get yet another "no decision." smiley-sad006.gif

Btw, I know this has been a "down" year for Verlander, at least by his lofty standards, but I still got to think Jim Leyland is going to run him out there as the Game 1 starter for the ALDS.

Here's hoping Buck Showalter going to Johnson in the 9th won't come back to bite him in the ass. It worked out last night, but I would still be scared to see him coming in to close a game if I was an O's fan...

JJ looked like he has regained his form and he was damn pissed and I knew he would be out to prove himself. That little guy that is named after a box of cereal, Cocoa Crisp had a big night. I expect Tillman to be on today. Thank you Dodgers. And also to whoever downed the indians. One hell of a race is forming. We go to Boston next. May catch them jet lagged in the first game but first we must try and beat Oakland today and tomorrow. I did not see that Yankees game coming. Kuroda getting shelled. As for your Mets, they simply are not even close to Detroit in talent. So even though they send a great pitcher to the mound it likely wont be enough, expecially given you have to face the potential AL Cy Young winner for this year. I hope our bats are booming today and I expect Davis to crack one. Oakland's manager knows how big this is. We can make a run at them and Boston this week. We just have to win. Prediction, Miami will win today with Fernandez on the mound. He has not let me down yet

Bonger says Cleveland is not going away. I do not think the O's are either

Edited by LedZeppfan77

I know you O's fans are hoping the Tigers just rake the A's much like they did the Muts this weekend. Tampa has a makeup game with the Royals Monday, then they get a cupcake, the Angels. Suddenly, the Cleveland Indians are back in the Wild Card hunt, but they have to go to Atlanta, so it's highly probable they might get their asses kicked, meanwhile the Yanks get their favorite patsy, the Blue Jays.

Pennant & Wild Card fever, catch it.

I know you O's fans are hoping the Tigers just rake the A's much like they did the Muts this weekend. Tampa has a makeup game with the Royals Monday, then they get a cupcake, the Angels. Suddenly, the Cleveland Indians are back in the Wild Card hunt, but they have to go to Atlanta, so it's highly probable they might get their asses kicked, meanwhile the Yanks get their favorite patsy, the Blue Jays.

Pennant & Wild Card fever, catch it.

Yankees play us 7 more times. We go to Cleveland after Boston. Tillman deserved better the other day. He could have 4 more wins. He will help us down stretch.