2013 Baseball Thread...

paul carruthers

Sabathia (11-11) vs Gonzalez (8-6) in the Bronx tonight. MLB is saying its a must win for the Yankees. its a chance for us to bury them and make up ground on Tampa. Tampa is at Oakland. Not really sure who I should cheer for as earlier I believed Oakland was the team that would be easiest to derail. After their trip to Detroit I am not so sure. Parker has been their ace and if he beats Tampa tonight, as I believe he will, its a great opportunity for us to gain ground. Sabathia is not the pitcher he once was. He can be effective of course but so can Gonzalez. I am a bit confused as to Buck using him two nights out of the bullpen. He was hit once, a double by the Red Sox. I am not sure where he is at but I had the most faith in him when the season started. Tillman is obviously the ace of this staff now. Palmer saw it coming, said he had the best stuff at the beginning of the season. Only Sherzer has a better record. Tillman sits at 15-4 and should be 17-4, as his previous non decision was a 3 hitter, one run and they did not support him. I hope the O's win tonight and sweep this series. Kuroda was the best pitcher they have and he has been rocked his last two. Girardi has worked miracles to keep them where they are. I am hoping they run out tonight. Their recent series against the Blue Jays, a team that has quit, was pretty bad. They lost two, the one to Dickey excusable. Not the other one. Looks like the Pirates are finally fading. I wonder if Washington can catch them? Or Arizona?

Edited by LedZeppfan77

On July 1st, Victor Martinez was batting .232.....he now sits at .297. He's hit just shy of a .400 clip in the last two months. After missing all of last year, he's a prime candidate for Comeback Player of the Year.

Time to sit Cabrera down for awhile. Stomach pulls don't heal easy, but they've got to try something to heal him up before the playoffs. If he's not close to 100%, you can kiss our playoff chances goodbye.

On July 1st, Victor Martinez was batting .232.....he now sits at .297. He's hit just shy of a .400 clip in the last two months. After missing all of last year, he's a prime candidate for Comeback Player of the Year.

Time to sit Cabrera down for awhile. Stomach pulls don't heal easy, but they've got to try something to heal him up before the playoffs. If he's not close to 100%, you can kiss our playoff chances goodbye.

If you get Oakland you can kiss them goodbye anyway

If you get Oakland you can kiss them goodbye anyway

Nah.....I know they kicked our butts but even teams that lose a 100 games win 60 somewhere along the way. I know it didn't help your cause much, but If you're going to win one game of a 4 game series, you must admit we did it the right way.

Nah.....I know they kicked our butts but even teams that lose a 100 games win 60 somewhere along the way. I know it didn't help your cause much, but If you're going to win one game of a 4 game series, you must admit we did it the right way.

Yes but I do not like how they simply layed down the other three. They are lucky they are in that division. It stinks. Cleveland is the only real competitive team and that is debatable. I will not deny you have a great starting rotation and that is how teams win. But the AL East is far tougher.

Feldman has been good last two starts. He needs to be good today and we need to hit. We will have a different lineup today. Wieters back in, Morse should be there, and Roberts should start also. I would sit McClouth. He has been cold and I would go with Pearce today. Or let Morse play the position and DH someone else? Hunter and O Day and the rest of our pen will now be rested. Lets kick their ass

I cannot believe, heading into September, the Yankees are in 3rd place in the AL East, 3rd place in the Wild Card - only 4 games out of making the initial playoffs - with a run differential of -1! Girardi for Manager of the Year! The next team with a negative run differential is 14 games out of the Wild Card.

I cannot believe, heading into September, the Yankees are in 3rd place in the AL East, 3rd place in the Wild Card - only 4 games out of making the initial playoffs - with a run differential of -1! Girardi for Manager of the Year! The next team with a negative run differential is 14 games out of the Wild Card.

TOUCHDOWN O"S!!!!!!! Back to fourth place soon. :bravo: :drinks: :drunk:

Labor day in Cleveland. Yankees get the White Sox but they have a pitcher going that is 7-4 and the White Sox swept the Yankees last time. How I will never know. We are in a virtual deadlock with Cleveland and the Yankees and need to keep winning. Only 3 back of Tampa now. And we play them 3 times down there. They have lost 4 in a row and i hope that continues

Edited by LedZeppfan77

Tampa and Archer, their best, getting rocked 5-1 by Angels. If this holds up the Orioles will be only two back in the morning with Tillman taking the mound tomorrow. My only worry tomorrow eve is Cleveland has more left handed batters than I have ever seen. But Tillman is on fire. His delivery is very similiar to Jim Palmer's as Bob Costas showed us the other night. He is on fire. Guasman is going to be a good one too. I think we are loaded with great young arms. Good time for us to get hot. The Yankees have it easy for two more nights.and then off to Boston for four. Maybe we should squeeze for a split? We can pretty much take care of Cleveland on our own. So we must see how Texas and Oakland plays out also. Buf if we catch Tampa, we are in no matter.

Tampa loses AGAIN. Orioles now only 2 back of the WC. Boston has a very tough week. Detroit and Yankees for about a week. Chance to really cut into that lead. Sherzer will go for 20 tonight. I guess I hope he gets it even though I was sort of rooting for Tillman to catch him but that is not likely. Tillman can go to 16-4 with a win tonight. I hope Detroit sweeps Boston. Yankees are not going to lose to the White Sox so we must keep pace. Then they go to Boston. Oakland and Texas now tied. It does not look like Oakland is going to fade so I will hope Texas does.

I think Texas is done with the cotton tissue soft portion of their schedule & now have to face some pretty stiff competition. I don't know who's going to make it in the race for the AL West.

At this point, I think Baltimore has to forget about the division & focus on trying to get one of those Wild Card spots as rough as that may be, playing that one game playoff just to try & get to a division series. But I guess it's better than not being in the postseason at all.

I think Texas is done with the cotton tissue soft portion of their schedule & now have to face some pretty stiff competition. I don't know who's going to make it in the race for the AL West.

At this point, I think Baltimore has to forget about the division & focus on trying to get one of those Wild Card spots as rough as that may be, playing that one game playoff just to try & get to a division series. But I guess it's better than not being in the postseason at all.

I will take my chances with Tillman vs anyone. I think he is the best pitcher against any wild card team. Detroit is the only team that has pitchers of his quality. We swept Texas in their park. We beat Oakland. We have a winning record vs the yankees and Boston. The only team in the East that has a winning record vs Boston. If we can get everyone to play well at the same time it would help. Davis is sort of in a slugging slump even though he has hit ok for average. Time for him to hit a couple out. Adam Jones and Hardy and Wieters have come through big. And even Valencia. Morse has contributed already. We need Tillman to shut down the Indians. My only fear is all those left handed batters. I see Moore will pitch for Tampa for the first time in a while. I am hoping he is rusty and the Angels continue their good play.

You are right. Just checked. Texas has a bitch of a schedule from here on out.

Edited by LedZeppfan77

Big Red Machine to be honored on the field in Cincy Friday night and Pete Rose will be there. With MLB's permission, and they will take the field in their old positions. Should be quite a moment and it should send a message to MLB> Pete Rose's crimes are nothing compared to the likes of McGuire, Bonds, etc

Tampa is 0-9 in the Pacific time zone.

Edited by LedZeppfan77

If Mark McGwire can be forgiven by baseball & actually hold down a job as a position coach, then why can't baseball forgive Pete Rose? It's a shame that the all-time hit King is not in the Hall of Fame, put whatever asterisk or pox mark on his plague that you want but get him in. The sad thing about is, Pete will probably be long dead before MLB even considers giving him a second chance.

Edited by paul carruthers