2013 Baseball Thread...

paul carruthers

Has Baltimore been eliminated yet or is there still hope?

I just hope nobody needs the Angels to sweep a team to help their cause. Relying on the Angels to do anything will give you grey hair.

We are officially finished. Who saw this coming? A tank job of epic proportions? With a team with this kind of talent. Still, I believe the future is bright. And I wonder if Dylan Bundy will be a part of it?

We are officially finished. Who saw this coming? A tank job of epic proportions? With a team with this kind of talent. Still, I believe the future is bright. And I wonder if Dylan Bundy will be a part of it?

Rick, at least your team competed!!! How do you think I feel about the supposedly loaded Angels and their utter failure to even play .500 ball most of the season?

Manager and GM are both on the hot seat...at least, they should be.

Rick, at least your team competed!!! How do you think I feel about the supposedly loaded Angels and their utter failure to even play .500 ball most of the season?

Manager and GM are both on the hot seat...at least, they should be.

They competed which makes it more painfull. You are right there and then for some unknown reason they forget how to take pitches. Forget how to hit. Have a 52 HR guy that swings at shit in the dirt. Machado goes down. I feel better days are ahead for sure. If they don't get stupid and and let their fanbase down in the office. Very hard to trust the front office after the last 30 years of being so damn bad until last year. Your Angels will be a handfull next year. They have played very well of late. I do not know the reason for their bad beginning? Nor do I know why Texas has basically fallen apart. Or how Pittsburgh has gotten this far with a bunch of guys that look like they should be little leaguers. I will cheer for Detroit in the AL and the Dodgers in the NL and for either of them to win it all

Hope for what? To sneak in? And then get destroyed by the Tigers?

You only have a chance if you're in the post season..... sneak in or take the division, you have to be in it, to win it.

Rangers beat the Angels in the rain, and Tampa is down 7-1 in the 6th.

I have only posted my opinions in this topic twice (or thrice).

No matter what your favorite baseball teams may be, the Saint Louis Cardinals are THE team to beat and there are very few that can compete with, and eliminate them from their Quest for another World Series Championship.

THE ST. LOUIS CARDINALS WILL BE THE NEXT WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!!!

Here is how the AL Wild Card plays out if the Rangers win today (2pm start) :

If fhe Rangers win on Sunday, here are their playoff scenarios:

• If Cleveland and Tampa Bay both win: Cleveland would be the top wild card seed. The Rangers and Tampa Bay would play a tiebreaker game Monday in Arlington because the Rangers won the season series over the Rays, 4-3. The winner of the Rangers’ game with Tampa Bay would advance to play at Cleveland on Wednesday.

• If Cleveland wins and Tampa Bay loses: The Rangers would be the No. 2 wild card and would play at Cleveland on Wednesday.

• If Cleveland loses and Tampa Bay wins: A three-way tie would exist for the two wild card spots. Major League Baseball on Friday released the team designations in the event of a three-way tie for the two AL wild card spots. Cleveland, by virtue of the best winning percentage against Tampa Bay and the Rangers, would earn the top designation and would host the first play-in game on Monday. Tampa Bay, which has the second-best winning percentage against the other two teams in the potential tie, selected the “B” designation, which gives it the opportunity to play twice to win one game to reach the wild card game. It means the Rays would travel to Cleveland for a Monday play-in game.

The winner would be one of the wild card teams, but is not automatically assured of home field for the wild card game. The loser would then travel to Arlington to face the Rangers on Tuesday. Once the two wild-card teams are settled, the two-team tiebreakers, which start with head-to-head record against the other team, would kick in.

The Rangers own the tiebreaker against Tampa Bay, so if Tampa Bay wins Monday and the Rangers beat Cleveland Tuesday, the Rangers would host the wild card game Wednesday. Cleveland owns the tiebreaker with the Rangers and would host the Rangers Wednesday if the Indians win the Monday game with Tampa Bay.

http://rangersblog.dallasnews.com/2013/09/updated-texas-rangers-playoff-scenarios-now-that-cleveland-has-won.html/

I have only posted my opinions in this topic twice (or thrice).

No matter what your favorite baseball teams may be, the Saint Louis Cardinals are THE team to beat and there are very few that can compete with, and eliminate them from their Quest for another World Series Championship.

THE ST. LOUIS CARDINALS WILL BE THE NEXT WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!!!

Well I'm not sure about that, but I've learned over the years to never count your organization out. They have grudgingly earned my total respect. As a Tiger fan, I put the 1968 World Series in my top 3. Gibson, McClain, Kaline, Brock....down 3-1 and coming back, fatman Lolich's 3 wins...Willie Horton throwing Brock out at the plate....the switch of Mickey Stanley to shortstop....the last true World Series between pennant winners before division play and expansion....the last season of the raised Pitcher's mound....the last 30 game winner...Gibson's e.r.a and 18 strikeouts in game one....only to be beaten in the end in game 7 by Northrup's triple on a Curt Flood misplay, causing a party the Motor City has never seen before or since. You may disagree, but you gotta admit it's a hell of a case.

^^^

You're still going to Baltimore games even after being eliminated? That's dedication. :)

Here is how the AL Wild Card plays out if the Rangers win today (2pm start) :

If fhe Rangers win on Sunday, here are their playoff scenarios:

If Cleveland and Tampa Bay both win: Cleveland would be the top wild card seed. The Rangers and Tampa Bay would play a tiebreaker game Monday in Arlington because the Rangers won the season series over the Rays, 4-3. The winner of the Rangers game with Tampa Bay would advance to play at Cleveland on Wednesday.

If Cleveland wins and Tampa Bay loses: The Rangers would be the No. 2 wild card and would play at Cleveland on Wednesday.

If Cleveland loses and Tampa Bay wins: A three-way tie would exist for the two wild card spots. Major League Baseball on Friday released the team designations in the event of a three-way tie for the two AL wild card spots. Cleveland, by virtue of the best winning percentage against Tampa Bay and the Rangers, would earn the top designation and would host the first play-in game on Monday. Tampa Bay, which has the second-best winning percentage against the other two teams in the potential tie, selected the B designation, which gives it the opportunity to play twice to win one game to reach the wild card game. It means the Rays would travel to Cleveland for a Monday play-in game.

The winner would be one of the wild card teams, but is not automatically assured of home field for the wild card game. The loser would then travel to Arlington to face the Rangers on Tuesday. Once the two wild-card teams are settled, the two-team tiebreakers, which start with head-to-head record against the other team, would kick in.

The Rangers own the tiebreaker against Tampa Bay, so if Tampa Bay wins Monday and the Rangers beat Cleveland Tuesday, the Rangers would host the wild card game Wednesday. Cleveland owns the tiebreaker with the Rangers and would host the Rangers Wednesday if the Indians win the Monday game with Tampa Bay.

http://rangersblog.dallasnews.com/2013/09/updated-texas-rangers-playoff-scenarios-now-that-cleveland-has-won.html/

In other words, it's up to the Angels to beat Texas and save all this nonsense. I'm almost with Bong-man...let's go back to the days of Pennant Winners.

Well, it's official the Cleveland Indians are in the postseason. Now I believe we're waiting to see what happens if Texas beats the Angels & possibly tie Tampa for that second wild card, although I believe the Rangers have the tiebreaker in head to head matchups, correct me if I'm wrong.

Edit: I went back and read zepscoda's post above, apparently if the Rays and Rangers end up tied, they play a one game playoff on Monday.

Well, it's official the Cleveland Indians are in the postseason. Now I believe we're waiting to see what happens if Texas beats the Angels & possibly tie Tampa for that second wild card, although I believe the Rangers have the tiebreaker in head to head matchups, correct me if I'm wrong.

Edit: I went back and read zepscoda's post above, apparently if the Rays and Rangers end up tied, they play a one game playoff on Monday.

Yep....if the Rangers hold on to this lead, Tampa will be here tomorrow night at 7pm

Archived