2013 Baseball Thread...

paul carruthers

Postseason predictions:

NL Wild Card Game Winner: Pittsburgh over Cincinnati

AL Wild Card Tiebreaker game: Tampa over Texas

AL Wild Card Game: Tampa over Cleveland

Division Series:

Pittsburgh over St. Louis in 5(I may be predicting this based on what I want to see rather than what I expect to happen)

Los Angeles Dodgers over the Braves in 4

Detroit over Oakland in 5

Boston over Tampa in 5

NLCS & ALCS predictions:

Detroit over Boston in 7

Dodgers over Pirates in 6

World Series Predictions:

Detroit over Los Angeles in 6

^^^

You're still going to Baltimore games even after being eliminated? That's dedication. :)

In other words, it's up to the Angels to beat Texas and save all this nonsense. I'm almost with Bong-man...let's go back to the days of Pennant Winners.

Dedication...and I already had the tickets :)

It was a glorious day!!

NATIONAL LEAGUE

NL West: San Francisco

NL Central: St. Louis

NL East: Atlanta

NL Wild Cards: LA Dodgers, Washington

NL Pennant: Dodgers

AMERICAN LEAGUE

AL West: Angels

AL Central: Detroit

AL East: Baltimore

AL Wild Cards: Oakland, Tampa Bay

AL Pennant: Angels

WORLD SERIES

Angels over Dodgers

Remember when all of us made our predictions before the season? Remember ZEPFAN17 and his Red Sox talk? He didn't even make it halfway thru the season...his Red Sox lasted longer than he did.

Anyway, I decided to risk embarrassment and dredge up my predictions and see how I fared. As you can see, I overestimated several teams, starting with the Angels, Giants and the Nats. And like most people, I totally didn't see Boston coming.

Of the six divisions, I correctly picked three: St. Louis and Atlanta in the NL; and Detroit in the AL. Both of my West Division picks were disasters: San Francisco and Anaheim had to be the two biggest flops of the year, especially in terms of expectations. My other pick that didn't pan out, Baltimore, was in the hunt all year and then had a disastrous last month.

My Wild Card picks fared a little better...two of the four are in the playoffs (L.A. and Oakland, as division winners), and a third, Tampa Bay, could be a Wild Card provided it beats Texas.

The Nationals will now be perennial victims of the Strasbourg Curse. Much like the Cubs have the Curse of the Goat.

Obviously the Angels will not be playing the Dodgers in the World Series. My new-and-improved (haha, that's a laugh) picks are as follows:

NL Wild Card winner: Pittsburgh

AL Wild Card winner: Tampa Bay

AL Pennant: Boston

NL Pennant: LA

World Series: Boston in 6 games.

Remember when all of us made our predictions before the season? Remember ZEPFAN17 and his Red Sox talk? He didn't even make it halfway thru the season...his Red Sox lasted longer than he did.

Anyway, I decided to risk embarrassment and dredge up my predictions and see how I fared. As you can see, I overestimated several teams, starting with the Angels, Giants and the Nats. And like most people, I totally didn't see Boston coming.

Of the six divisions, I correctly picked three: St. Louis and Atlanta in the NL; and Detroit in the AL. Both of my West Division picks were disasters: San Francisco and Anaheim had to be the two biggest flops of the year, especially in terms of expectations. My other pick that didn't pan out, Baltimore, was in the hunt all year and then had a disastrous last month.

My Wild Card picks fared a little better...two of the four are in the playoffs (L.A. and Oakland, as division winners), and a third, Tampa Bay, could be a Wild Card provided it beats Texas.

The Nationals will now be perennial victims of the Strasbourg Curse. Much like the Cubs have the Curse of the Goat.

Obviously the Angels will not be playing the Dodgers in the World Series. My new-and-improved (haha, that's a laugh) picks are as follows:

NL Wild Card winner: Pittsburgh

AL Wild Card winner: Tampa Bay

AL Pennant: Boston

NL Pennant: LA

World Series: Boston in 6 games.

The only predictions I have made regarding this baseball topic is that the St. Louis Cardinal are going to go all the way and win the World Series, regardless of Who They play. If I happen to be wrong and They do not make it to the Series or happen to lose to the American League team, so be it. All I can say is that I am a very Proud and Loyal fan of the St. Louis Cardinals, the Team with the most World Series wins after the New York Yankees.

I suggest you watch (or re-watch the entire series of "Breaking Bad" from start to finish) and give me your predictions on what happens to Walter White. Even though you may know the final outcome, yours (and my) predictions do not mean anything.

Just because you or I want a certain thing to happen, does not mean that it is going to happen.

The only predictions I have made regarding this baseball topic is that the St. Louis Cardinal are going to go all the way and win the World Series, regardless of Who They play. If I happen to be wrong and They do not make it to the Series or happen to lose to the American League team, so be it. All I can say is that I am a very Proud and Loyal fan of the St. Louis Cardinals, the Team with the most World Series wins after the New York Yankees.

I suggest you watch (or re-watch the entire series of "Breaking Bad" from start to finish) and give me your predictions on what happens to Walter White. Even though you may know the final outcome, yours (and my) predictions do not mean anything.

Just because you or I want a certain thing to happen, does not mean that it is going to happen.

CBS Sportsline has a baseball challenge for free for playoffs. You pick the winnners all the way through. I have Detroit beating Boston for the ALCS. I have Detroit beating the Dodgers in the Series. I also picked Cincy to beat the Cardinals.

Zepscoda. I like Texas to win tonight because I think Tampa is making a mistake going with Price.

At least the Giants didn't end up in the basement.

I'm glad St. Louis, Detroit and Boston are in the playoffs. Nice to see some different teams.

Don't forget about Pittsburgh. Talk about some fresh faces for a change...I think Jimmy Page was just hooking up with David Coverdale the last time the Pirates were in the playoffs.

Don't forget about Pittsburgh. Talk about some fresh faces for a change...I think Jimmy Page was just hooking up with David Coverdale the last time the Pirates were in the playoffs.

Yes, I remember the Willie Stargell days.:^)

I love this

http://www.sportsonearth.com/article/62260854/

Although it did not help me decide whom to root for...

Here are my picks, in case anyone cares:

AL

Rays/Indians - Indians

Indians/Saux - Saux

A's/Tigers - Tigers

Tigers/Saux - Tigers

NL

Reds/Pirates - Pirates (and not just because they're winning now :) )

Pirates/Cards - Cards

Braves/Dodgers - Dodgers

Dodgers/Cards - Cards

Card/Tigers - Tigers

Tigers are going with Scherzer for Game 1, which may open the door for some second guessing if Max loses game 1 in Oakland (why didn't Jim Leyland go to Verlander)...

I doubt that. He has earned it. I hope Detroit pummels them. Like the Dodgers alot. That is my series prediction. It could go either way if I am right. But the Dodgers must regain their form. I still believe Cincy will make a series of it vs Pittsburgh. I have no idea of what to expect with Tampa and Cleveland and I cannot stand either team.

A series of it? Didn't Pittsburgh knock out Cincy in the Wild Card game? Tampa moved on vs. Cleveland last night, right?

I hope it's St. Louis vs. Detroit for the WS. Can't stand most of the rest of the teams in the playoffs this year. St. Louis is my wife's family's team, since they are from St. Louis. Plus they were my father's favorite team also. So, GO RED BIRDS! :cheer:

A series of it? Didn't Pittsburgh knock out Cincy in the Wild Card game? Tampa moved on vs. Cleveland last night, right?

I hope it's St. Louis vs. Detroit for the WS. Can't stand most of the rest of the teams in the playoffs this year. St. Louis is my wife's family's team, since they are from St. Louis. Plus they were my father's favorite team also. So, GO RED BIRDS! :cheer:

Yes, I was confused by the format. I thought that was a five game series and not a one game playoff. I see no fairness in a one game playoff in a game where they play 162 games. They would never do it in hockey or basketball and they play 82. I believe that Detroit has a tough road because Oakland gave them fits. If they can get past Oakland I feel they are the Red Sox worst nightmare because of thier pitching. I like a Detroit vs Dodgers Series. i am cheering for the Dodgers all the way. But I feel in my heart, Detroit will find a way to win it. The National League recently has been expected to lose and have found a way to win. So maybe the Dodgers can win. I feel they are easily the best in the National league and will smash the Cardinals if the Cardinals win the first series. Which I agree they should.

Archived