2013 Baseball Thread...

paul carruthers

Kemp is out for the remainder of the season, correct? That's a tough loss for the Dodgers. They have been so strong since June. But, then again, playoff baseball is so different than the 162 game marathon that is the regular season.

Kemp is out for the remainder of the season, correct? That's a tough loss for the Dodgers. They have been so strong since June. But, then again, playoff baseball is so different than the 162 game marathon that is the regular season.

Not sure but they still have Puig, and Kershaw and Greinke. St Louis is not as deep as thier past teams IMO. If Atlanta were to beat them, then I would certainly fear them

Speaking of Powerful, the Saint Louis Cardinals scored 7 runs in the bottom of the 3rd inning against the Pirates. They scored 7 runs on no outs.

Like I have said, the Cardinals are going to go to and win the 2013 World Series. If I am wrong, I will renounce my Love for "Breaking Bad" and call it the worst show in television history. Just kidding about "Breaking Bad"!!! Although I know there are probably more than a few people who would Love for me to say that. Regardless, of what happens, My Love for the St. Louis Cardinals (and BrBa) will never yield.

Speaking of Powerful, the Saint Louis Cardinals scored 7 runs in the bottom of the 3rd inning against the Pirates. They scored 7 runs on no outs.

Like I have said, the Cardinals are going to go to and win the 2013 World Series. If I am wrong, I will renounce my Love for "Breaking Bad" and call it the worst show in television history. Just kidding about "Breaking Bad"!!! Although I know there are probably more than a few people who would Love for me to say that. Regardless, of what happens, My Love for the St. Louis Cardinals (and BrBa) will never yield.

The Dodgers are going to beat them. Nice win vs a better Atlanta team. Dodgers may be the team that would pay Cano the money a friend of mine who is a die hard Yankee fan says. Imagine if the Yankees lose Girardi and Cano.

I hate West coast series. I try to stay up, but never can. I usually end up recording the game and watching the end with some coffee the next morning. Actually kinda cool, as long the end remains unknown.

Tigers better hope they can flip a switch. We're not exactly going into the series with a lot of momentum. For all the talk about Scherzer and Verlander, Sanchez was our best pitcher in the second half. He also ended up leading the league in starter's era. Cabrera had two extra base hits the last 5 weeks of the season, and I don't think resting this week is going to do him a bit of good. Porcello goes to the bullpen. I smell trouble. I always try to be objective about the home teams, and I see Oakland in 4. If it goes 5, Tigers win. Really same as last year. We'll go as far as our starting pitching takes us. .

I hate West coast series. I try to stay up, but never can. I usually end up recording the game and watching the end with some coffee the next morning. Actually kinda cool, as long the end remains unknown.

Tigers better hope they can flip a switch. We're not exactly going into the series with a lot of momentum. For all the talk about Scherzer and Verlander, Sanchez was our best pitcher in the second half. He also ended up leading the league in starter's era. Cabrera had two extra base hits the last 5 weeks of the season, and I don't think resting this week is going to do him a bit of good. Porcello goes to the bullpen. I smell trouble. I always try to be objective about the home teams, and I see Oakland in 4. If it goes 5, Tigers win. Really same as last year. We'll go as far as our starting pitching takes us. .

2-0 good guys last time I checked. I bet your boys tonight. And I say its Tigers and Dodgers in the Series but will not deny Boston will be tough. Detroit has the best starting rotation and that usuallly means alot. Boston got there with their bats. If Detroit's pitching can shut them down, they willl be tough to deny.

Quite the pitcher's duel last night in Oakland, those are the kind of games I like to watch even though you know one starting pitcher is going to be a tough luck loser or in this case, a tough luck no decision for Verlander. So far Detroit/Oakland is the best series going.

Quite the pitcher's duel last night in Oakland, those are the kind of games I like to watch even though you know one starting pitcher is going to be a tough luck loser or in this case, a tough luck no decision for Verlander. So far Detroit/Oakland is the best series going.

If they go extra tonight it could really screw up the football game? Assuming they are at the same venue as Strider said? Man

Oakland up 6-3 on the Tigers, looking to take a commanding 2-1 lead, not that it's impossible for Detroit to dig themselves out of that hole, but it looks like my other World Series prediction might be going down.

Dodgers send Kershaw to the mound tonight, hoping to close out the Braves, who appear to be making another first round exit after dominating the regular season.

Oakland up 6-3 on the Tigers, looking to take a commanding 2-1 lead, not that it's impossible for Detroit to dig themselves out of that hole, but it looks like my other World Series prediction might be going down.

Dodgers send Kershaw to the mound tonight, hoping to close out the Braves, who appear to be making another first round exit after dominating the regular season.

I layed a run and a half and took St Louis today

Good! I love it when the Braves get knocked out...and take that stupid tomahawk chop with them. It'll be great if Pittsburgh can knock out the Cardinals too. Get rid of St. Louis and Sadlanta in one fell swoop.

Risky for the Dodgers starting Kershaw on short rest, though. May mean he won't be available to start Game 1 of NLCS.

Good! I love it when the Braves get knocked out...and take that stupid tomahawk chop with them. It'll be great if Pittsburgh can knock out the Cardinals too. Get rid of St. Louis and Sadlanta in one fell swoop.

Risky for the Dodgers starting Kershaw on short rest, though. May mean he won't be available to start Game 1 of NLCS.

This

I hate that thing soooooooooooooo much.

Don Mattingly is certainly opening himself up to get pounded by the media and fans should this backfire, especially since I believe Kershaw threw over 120 pitches in game 1 vs. Atlanta. Risky business indeed...

Uh-oh, the Braves just took a 7th inning lead on the Dodgers. Poor Don Mattingly if they lose this game, but of course the Dodgers get the last at bat if it comes to that.

I guess it did. I was out buying a new SUV. I like Detroit to win today. They have to

Archived