2013 Baseball Thread...

paul carruthers

We are one step closer to that Sox/Dodgers series most people seem to be clamoring for...

I would not count Detroit out with their pitching. I like them with Verlander over Colon all day. If Oakland does find a way you may be looking at a slugfest between Boston and Oakland. Both teams can give Boston hell. I will take the Tigers still.

Glad I have the day off so I can actually watch the St. Louis-Pittsburgh game at 2pm today. I have yet to watch one game of this series, and since the winner will face the Dodgers, I want to get a preview of what to expect.

The bonus is that the game will be over early enough that I can still go out tonight.

No doubt I still look at Detroit as being the most complete team in the AL and I like their chances with Verlander too. Whoever wins that series, I think the Tigers have a better shot at going into Boston & defeating the Sawx than the A's do. I'm also hoping that at the end of tonight, they will be raising the Jolly Roger in St. Louis.

No doubt I still look at Detroit as being the most complete team in the AL and I like their chances with Verlander too. Whoever wins that series, I think the Tigers have a better shot at going into Boston & defeating the Sawx than the A's do. I'm also hoping that at the end of tonight, they will be raising the Jolly Roger in St. Louis.

Ditto. ;)

Well, the Pirates had their chance to close out this series in Pittsburgh & blew it, now they are paying the price. You just can't kill those damn Cardinals.

Saint Louis Cardinals, Baby!!!

Hopefully they will take out the Los Angeles Dodgers to make it to yet another World Series Championship. It is in Their Destiny and it's in the Cards.

I am completely biased regarding the Cardinals (I admit), however, it seems that the St. Louis Cardinals are "historically" the best Baseball team compared to the other three teams that are also going to try and "win" their way into the 2013 World Series.

Regardless who the Cardinals play in the World Series, They will win. It will be a Great Series, but the Saint Louis Cardinals are, and always have been, a tough team to beat.

I could say more and praise Them more, but I will let the Team do all the playing.

I am completely biased regarding the Cardinals (I admit), however, it seems that the St. Louis Cardinals are "historically" the best Baseball team compared to the other three teams that are also going to try and "win" their way into the 2013 World Series.

Regardless who the Cardinals play in the World Series, They will win. It will be a Great Series, but the Saint Louis Cardinals are, and always have been, a tough team to beat.

I could say more and praise Them more, but I will let the Team do all the playing.

This Cardinals team is not as good as past teams. Are you kidding? The Dodgers will beat them.

Verlander tonight for the Tigers, although this Sonny Gray pitching for the A's was almost unhittable in Game 2, so we will see how things go. Should Detroit advance I think they beat Boston in 7. If it's Oakland, then I think Boston hammers them in 5.

I agree Detroit is Boston's worst nightmare due to the starting pitching. Oakland will not fall in 5 to Boston IMO. Because many of the games will be 11-9 affairs. They will likely hit each other to death. Talk about an offensive explosion, that is what it would be I would expect. I believe Boston would likely win but in 6 or maybe 7. I am standing by my prediction of a Dodgers vs Tigers series. But I am not sure of who will win? I am cheering for the Dodgers all the way. But the Tigers would be my second choice

Okay....I'm not going to claim that Tuesday night's Tigers/A's game was the best or most intense I've ever experienced, but it was damn close ! Still can't believe Austin Jackson's broken bat single. The poor guy had struck out 10 out of 14 plate appearances and literally willed that ball out to right field. Scherzer getting out of that 8th inning bases loaded no-out jam was outstanding....Max was fired up !! Leyland made some good moves in that game. C'mon Justin !!!!

Okay....I'm not going to claim that Tuesday night's Tigers/A's game was the best or most intense I've ever experienced, but it was damn close ! Still can't believe Austin Jackson's broken bat single. The poor guy had struck out 10 out of 14 plate appearances and literally willed that ball out to right field. Scherzer getting out of that 8th inning bases loaded no-out jam was outstanding....Max was fired up !! Leyland made some good moves in that game. C'mon Justin !!!!

I have $50 riding on your boys

Archived