2013 Baseball Thread...

paul carruthers

Interesting Series so far. We have had...

...THE FIRST WS game ever to end on an obstruction call.

...THE FIRST WS game ever to end on a pickoff out.

...David Ortiz and Jon Lester add to their October accomplishments.

Now, Boston may be witness to its first WS championship at Fenway since 1918...or the first road team to win games 6 and 7 since the Pittsburgh Pirates in 1979.

Another great pitching matchup looms...Wacha vs. Lackey. Hard to believe it's already been 11 years since a rookie John Lackey pitched and won Game 7 for the Angels over the Giants in 2002. The FIRST rookie to do so since 1909.

Can't wait for Wednesday!

Boston only one win away from their 3rd championship in 9 years, after what was it, an 86 year drought. Go Boston! :cheer:

Though I prefer Boston to win, I am not really caring that much either way. So looking at this game from an unbiased viewpoint, I believe St Louis will force a game 7. They have the better pitcher tonight. History has not been kind to Boston in game 6's or game 7's in the Series. At least in modern history, post 1970. In 1975 Carlton Fisk did win game 6 for the Red Sox and we know the Big Red Machine won game 7 in maybe the most exciting series of my lifetime. The other that would be the equal choice for most exciting again involved Boston. In 1986, they lost game 6 on the famous blown infield play and I will not mention names as they have been mentioned enough. The Mets won game 7 and Boston lost another heartbreaking game 7. Things changed when they came back from 3-0 on the Yankees. No it was not the Series but it may have well have been as everyone knew the winner would make short work of the National League team. If the Cardinals take advantage of the pitching matchup tonight they can force game 7. A game 7 that Boston likely does not want to see. But I love their chances in game 7 this time around. I believe their bats will win it as St Louis does not have an answer for both nights.

Why are you cheering for St Louis if you live in Texas? I assume you are from St Louis?

I'm a Giants fan and was born if SF and I'm rooting for them because my Dad was from St. Louis. He saw Ruth, Gehrig, Ty Cobb etc. back in the day.

GO CARDS!

:^)

This is My Pre-Emptive Strike (if the "Mighty" Saint Louis Cardinals end up not winning the World Series this year):

I still have plenty of Faith that the Cardinals can overcome this dilemma and deficient that that They are faced with. Winning the next two games in Boston, in front of the B-Strong city, is a tremendous hurdle to accomplish. I wish the Cardinals Good Luck.

If the "Mighty" Cardinals do not win, then I will be the first One to concede and offer the City of Boston, the Red Soxs and the Red Soxs fans, My sincere Congratulations.

We (I) shall see. Unfortunately, I will be at work during most of the Game so I will not be able to see the good (or bad) of most of the game. I have set My DVR to record the game.

If Michael Wacha can do what He has done in the past few games, then there will be a game 7 in Boston on Halloween.

GO CARDINALS!!!

Not a fan of either team but it's been a great World Series so far :yesnod: . I'd like to see it go the distance capped off with the Sox winning game 7 in their own backyard.

I would just like to say congratulations to the Boston Red Sox.

From a True and Loyal Saint Louis Cardinals Fan... (however, I have every confidence that the Saint Louis Cardinals are going to be in the 2014 World Series in about 355 days from today). Yes, you heard (read) it here first. Possibly another re-match with the Boston Red Sox with a very different outcome.

BX4FebtCMAAtaCa.jpg

No doubt about it. Why the Cardinals even pitched to him at all is a mystery.

Congratulations to the Red Sox and the Red Sox faithful! Your faith was rewarded. Can you imagine the odds you could have got putting money on the Red Sox before the season started? Probably 20-1 or something.

What a helluva party it's going to be in New England this week...on top of Halloween, no less.

BOSTON STRONG.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2013/10/30/boston-strongest-red-sox-cap-magical-season-with-world-series-title/8jVkaiU3AwgR03LnBpZCWJ/story.html

http://www.bostonglobe.com/2013/10/31/crowds-kenmore-square-erupt-with-joy-red-sox-win-world-series/oz0FeWMfLC7Wye2xRfX0eI/video.html

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/4179885

http://www.heavy.com/news/2013/10/red-sox-win-world-series-pictures-photos/

As much as I HATE to write this (;)).....congratulations to the Boston Red Sox for winning their 3rd championship in the past 10 seasons, and first at Fenway since 1918. What a tremendous achievement to go from last place to champions!

Hardy, Machado and Jones all win gold gloves. 3 Orioles and 3 Royals win gold gloves. I think Wieters was ripped off of the catchers gold glove. they did not want to give Baltimore 4. I say they deserved 5 as they were nominated for 6. Davis to me deserved the 1st base award. His defense was great. How do you justify giving the Royals catcher the gold glove over Wieters? If anyone was going to beat him I figured the guy from Toronto

One of my many (embarrassing) superstitions has prevented me from posting in this thread, but I've been following it.

Lot of lovely, classy people here. Must be the combination of being a Zeppelin/baseball fan.

Cheers!

:toast:

Archived