What's your favorite live Trampled Underfoot?

Psychedelic

but in 1980 TUF could very well have been the most consistently well played song outta the entire show. IMO "Trampled Under Foot" is the highlight of any given 1980 show.

It's hilarious: Dave Lewis basically says the same thing in his book about the 1980 tour!

4/27 and 4/30/77 are both great. Robert's really into it and Bonzo's drumming is creative

As is the case on 4/28 as well...the goddamn encores on that show, Bonzo must have had a line or two beforehand :lol: 'Energetic' would be an understatement...

I'm partial to TUF on April 28 if for no other reason but the tapers' comments pre song:

Taper #1: "HEY JIMMY!!! WE LOVE YOU JIMMY!!!!"

Taper #2: "Hey, Jimmy...learn how to play guitar!" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Taper #1: "What song are they gonna do?"

Taper #2: "DUN-DUN-DUN-DUN...'Trampled Under Foot'. 'Grease yerself down...'" (song starts, audience goes nuts)

Good times were had by all, I'm sure...I actually want to say one of those tapers posted here at one point.

• 6 months later...

As is the case on 4/28 as well...the goddamn encores on that show, Bonzo must have had a line or two beforehand :lol: 'Energetic' would be an understatement...

I'm partial to TUF on April 28 if for no other reason but the tapers' comments pre song:

Taper #1: "HEY JIMMY!!! WE LOVE YOU JIMMY!!!!"

Taper #2: "Hey, Jimmy...learn how to play guitar!" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Taper #1: "What song are they gonna do?"

Taper #2: "DUN-DUN-DUN-DUN...'Trampled Under Foot'. 'Grease yerself down...'" (song starts, audience goes nuts)

Good times were had by all, I'm sure...I actually want to say one of those tapers posted here at one point.

I know exactly what you're talking about!!!! This is great! I love hearing the tapers on the recordings sometimes. Like on that one during the LA shows "We've had the guitar lessons!!!" LOL!!!!

I know exactly what you're talking about!!!! This is great! I love hearing the tapers on the recordings sometimes. Like on that one during the LA shows "We've had the guitar lessons!!!" LOL!!!!

Or how about Knebworth right after OTHAFA "Jimmy You Suck"!!

• 2 weeks later...

Or how about Knebworth right after OTHAFA "Jimmy You Suck"!!

OH SHIT LOL i never heard that hahaha Someone was an ass hole

Not really- especially if it's the August 11 show...Page did sort of blow it on "Over The Hills" that night, and not only because he broke a string or two :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

As I have said before about my favourite "Trampled Under Foot": July 7, 1980 Berlin. Case closed. It's absolute bonkers.

Yes, the '75 Earls Court, 4.28.77, 4.30.77, 3.12.75, 2.12.75, 6.23.77, Knebworth, Frankfurt, and other versions mentioned are all great. It is rare to find a dud "Trampled Under Foot".

But Berlin is extra special, extra crispy, extra long, extra berserk.

Other faves of mine are 7.24.77 Oakland, 6.27.77 LA Forum, and 7.24.79 Copenhagen.

If all of Zeppelin's 1980 Euro tour boots sounded as good as this, I personally would listen to it a hell of a lot more. Its a little boomy but if u turn the bass down a bit and kick up the treble a notch or two, and then crank it, you'll see what I mean. Anyone know this source? Sounds like a radio broadcast to me.

Archived