Jimmy Page's Finest Moment (singular)

wilsoncb420

I have said this before on various forums, and this is one purpose these forums (are supposed) to serve. This may seem random, BUT...

Jimmy Page's finest moment (telepathy with Bonzo), is Thank You from Orlando 1971, the soundboard copy displays this correctly (during the solo especially). I have given many a listen to the audience boots around this era of the song, and nothing comes close to the BALLS this solo contains. If I am wrong, tell me why, and I'll gladly listen. Because you're wrong.

i think that in all the freakin songs in the world, it is by far the most spectacular piece of music, first-the organ intro is so colorfull and alive that mozart would cry , sedond- the riffs and overall ambience is majestic, third-the zoso , and fourth- the heaven is reached

The Orlando version of "Thank You" is very good! I have the Empress Valley & Genuine Masters releases of this show. However, have you ever heard "Thank You" from the legendary Mudslide bootleg? It was performed in Vancouver, on 3/21/70.

This version of "Thank You" from Mudslide is my absolute favorite because it is powerful, and has emotion and soul!. Page and Bonham are playing off each other better than the Orlando version!

Don't believe me, have a listen...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnWPjWmySGQ

I have said this before on various forums, and this is one purpose these forums (are supposed) to serve. This may seem random, BUT...

Jimmy Page's finest moment (telepathy with Bonzo), is Thank You from Orlando 1971, the soundboard copy displays this correctly (during the solo especially). I have given many a listen to the audience boots around this era of the song, and nothing comes close to the BALLS this solo contains. If I am wrong, tell me why, and I'll gladly listen. Because you're wrong.

I agree with you this is the best moment between Page and Bonzo. The guitar and drums are just zoned in.

ooh its hard to compete with that. 6:09 is quite a statement. fuck you Jimmy for cutting it in the new release!

the vancouver Thank You sounds more reserved to these ears, but its great. I think the Montreux 70 audience recording of Thank You could be a close second to orlando. love them all though.

now i can see that. right on my man. i'm gonna listen to that recording (a fuckin' great one, that catches the atmosphere of "being there") and dig the fact that you were there. if there had to be one to compare to orlando, whether better or worse, that would be the thank you from MSG in 70. evening show. both of those recordings capture the essence of Zep.

off topic (kma if you care), but the Since I've Been Loving You from that same gig really stood out. "Stood Out" is the best way I can express how I feel about it, maybe because it is a version of the song you can listen to once and you remember it. Meaning, if you listen to the same version again, you recognize almost every lick and vocal phrase. Recommended.

The Song Remains The Same (Live) Solo

Over The Hills And Far Away (Live) Solo

For Your Life Solo

We're Gonna Groove Solo

The Rover Outro Solo

Jimmy's finest moment that I witnessed personally, would have to be the very first time I saw Jimmy perform on stage, he, grinding out the opening notes to "Heartbreaker", the opening song on August 22, 1970.

Another finest moment would be Jimmy's blistering white hot solo on Dazed And Confused on March 4, 1975 in Dallas.

And the final finest moment I witnessed, was Jimmy opening into Kashmir in 1977, in Ft. Worth. Their rendition of Kashmir on May 22nd was possibly Zep's finest moment that I ever witnessed. :)

Finest singular moment was when he put himself in the same room as Plant, Jones and Bonham for their first jam session back in 1968. IMO.

I will absolutely agree with you about this. If it was not for this "moment" Led Zeppelin, as We know it (now), would not cease to be.

However, I will have to add two (plural) other moments:

Jimmy Page (along with Mr. Peter Grant) deciding on the name: Lead Zeppelin. Yes, Lead Zeppelin. Shortened to Led Zeppelin by Peter.

Another "moment": Jimmy asking Gibson Guitars to make Him a brand-new Cherry Red Gibson EDS 1275 Double Neck guitar. The Most Famous Guitar of All-Time. This guitar is absolutely PRICELESS!!! Just ask Jimmy.

Check this out:

http://thegibsonshop.com/guitars/sg/gibson-jimmy-page-signed-and-aged-eds-1275-double-neck

Too too many to mention, let alone try to narrow down to just one.

But in the interest of adding to the discussion...his solo in 'Over the Hills and Far Away" from June 22, 1977 surely ranks up there in Jimmy's personal Valhalla. BEST. OTHAFA. SOLO. EVER.

Unfortunately, nobody has uploaded the song to youtube...maybe Conneyfogle can make it his next project?

Archived