The Next Studio Album

I am just screwing around, to a degree, but there really is an official "documentary" in the works. Recent filming includes Robert revisiting an old haunt in NYC last October. I presume it will be used as a tie-in to promote the new back catalog releases this year.

Were those interviews not meant for the Charlie Rose interview or perhaps one of those interviews which were aired on the telly back around Dec 2012?

I am just screwing around, to a degree, but there really is an official "documentary" in the works. Recent filming includes Robert revisiting an old haunt in NYC last October. I presume it will be used as a tie-in to promote the new back catalog releases this year.

I thought you were. Should be interesting how the documentary turns out with interviews and footage etc.

"And there’s nothing wrong with that. In fact, we rehearsed ‘Carouselambra, which we’ve never done live before, and we had a bunch of new material done. But Jimmy and I couldn’t agree on singers.”

John Paul Jones

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/led-zeppelins-jimmy-page-and-john-paul-jones-discuss-their-search-for-a-new-singer/

I pray to God every day for it to become reality...

I pray to God and the Devil they do not do it.

The only thing worth Led Zeppelin -minus John Bonham- can do is a tour like The Police. Any other activity will be their tomb.

Let's be serious about it. Jimmy Page creativity is dry since mid-seventies. Outrider was an honest effort. Page/Coverdale was fantastic but has short legs (it was Led Zeppelin 2.0). And Plant/Page reunion was all Zepp stuff. Walking into Clarksdale was something I think I heard once in my life, and left me indiferent.

Let's face it: their time, as Led Zeppelin, was gone long time ago.

Cheers.

tt.

The only thing worth Led Zeppelin -minus John Bonham- can do is a tour like The Police. Any other activity will be their tomb.

Let's be serious about it. Jimmy Page creativity is dry since mid-seventies. Outrider was an honest effort. Page/Coverdale was fantastic but has short legs (it was Led Zeppelin 2.0). And Plant/Page reunion was all Zepp stuff. Walking into Clarksdale was something I think I heard once in my life, and left me indiferent.

Cheers.

tt.

Playing devil's advocate here:

Jimmy Page may have been going through a dry spell circa 1975 but more important, his addictions began to get the upper hand around then. He would struggle with them for the next 20 years or so. Also, several posters who have read Barney Hoskyn's book, have alluded to bad behavior on Page's part. He may have burned some bridges with fellow musicians and music industry people as a result. When he finally got clean and sober, the opportunities to make new music and get it out there may not have been available to him due to the burned bridges AND because the music industry had changed a great deal.

I know for certain that this will happen as I will have a co-producing credit on the new studio release, along with Mr. Page. You heard it hear first! As far as what kind of material they will be recording etc., I really can't divulge this at this time. When the time is right for this and the contents are, let's say more concrete, than it will happen!

I know for certain that this will happen as I will have a co-producing credit on the new studio release, along with Mr. Page. You heard it hear first! As far as what kind of material they will be recording etc., I really can't divulge this at this time. When the time is right for this and the contents are, let's say more concrete, than it will happen!

Are you joking? :unsure:

Thanks for the info. This is great news!

Cheers.

tt.

Good for you, some of us LOVE Coverdale Page as much as Led Zeppelin. Some of us thought Most High from Walking Into Clarksdale is one the best things Page has ever done.

Cheers;

C

Are you joking? :unsure:

O f course I am! Sorry, but I don't have any connection to anyone in the band!

Good for you, some of us LOVE Coverdale Page as much as Led Zeppelin. Some of us thought Most High from Walking Into Clarksdale is one the best things Page has ever done.

Cheers;

C

I personally think Most High is one of the best things Page has done as well. Certainly, for him and one of the best any member of the band did post Zep. I think it's even better, when it was performed live.

About Walking into Clarksdale I have to say it left me indiferent at the moment. Maybe my taste began to change/evolve, etc. If I give it another try, maybe I would like it, but when it was out, I did not feel nothing.

But I think we will agree lacks the whatever-you-want-to-name-it that Zeppelin albums had.

Cheers.

tt.

O f course I am! Sorry, but I don't have any connection to anyone in the band!

I personally think Most High is one of the best things Page has done as well. Certainly, for him and one of the best any member of the band did post Zep. I think it's even better, when it was performed live.

In my view songs like Most High are the road to the future. It's not sleepy music - it's real rock n roll!

About Walking into Clarksdale I have to say it left me indiferent at the moment. Maybe my taste began to change/evolve, etc. If I give it another try, maybe I would like it, but when it was out, I did not feel nothing.

But I think we will agree lacks the whatever-you-want-to-name-it that Zeppelin albums had.

Cheers.

tt.

JPJ and Bonzo!

In my view songs like Most High are the road to the future. It's not sleepy music - it's real rock n roll!

Agreed! That song has been playing in my head all day! I remember when I first heard it, played it so much and what a great song it is. So diverse with that middle eastern taste to it. Love Jimmy's guitar on this, the keyboard solo and Jimmy's outro. Plant really gets into it with his vocals too. Really forcing the matter.

Congrats on that. I've got a credit as Jimmy's Bow Caddy. Very excited as well.

I don't know about being credited but when I buy the album I will most certainly be debited!

Hopefully, not too much Reggie! But, we'll find out shortly if it will be worth it. I'm sure it will be.

Jesus, Joseph and Mary..... he burned so many bridges and restricted access to make new music and get it out there ? Think about that for a second.

First, bridges are not required even if they existed. If they do, please point out where one is located

Second, industry changed and pissed people off- really? Name someone he pissed off so bad they would not jump at the chance to talk to him

Ok, well gosh- he really hurt himself by being the most in demand act in history and being offer $1 Billion Pounds and anything else he wanted just name it. Really crippled his future he did. It's horrible that he has so damaged himself as to be honored at the Kennedy Center Honors and be the envy of every single artist in the world.

The music industry is so languished right now one of the few bright spots came from Celebration Day released by a band that ended in September 1980. Or did it? Says Led Zeppelin on the label, on the inside and on the discs.

The boxsets may well turn the only real profit in 2013-2014 for a record label. Dear lord he is just limping along, nevermind being respected and admired by the most loyal and informed fans in the world. He should probably consult Rolling Stone magazine for advice for a solid path for image repair and public relations.

Really? Pardon my shock.

...He may have burned some bridges with fellow musicians and music industry people as a result. When he finally got clean and sober, the opportunities to make new music and get it out there may not have been available to him due to the burned bridges...

Well done Dallas Knebs. Just a bit of sarcasm there? But I do agree with you. Looking forward to this. I'm sure we'll love it.

Can't wait for the trolls to come out and start trashing these releases and nit picking through the whole thing and complaining what a crappy job Jimmy did putting these together!

Archived