The Next Studio Album

I also have to step forward and say I'll get a co-production credit as well. Unlike SuperDave I WILL give one small hint as to the style of JP's new studio effort, POLKA. And I'll leave it at that.

That was supposed to be kept under wraps. Now it's out!

That was supposed to be kept under wraps. Now it's out!

Sorry SuperDave but I couldnt keep it to myself any longer. I cant wait to see the fans reaction when they hear Jimmy's soaring guitar rifts interact and dance with the wonderful rhythms of his backing Polka band! :]

Robert has spent 33 years not wanting to do it. As they say in behavioral psychology circles, "the best indicator of future behavior is past behavior." It's not EVER going to happen. And these guys are pushing 70. The window is closed.

Robert has spent 33 years not wanting to do it. As they say in behavioral psychology circles, "the best indicator of future behavior is past behavior." It's not EVER going to happen. And these guys are pushing 70. The window is closed.

They said the same thing about doing a reunion concert.

Sorry SuperDave but I couldnt keep it to myself any longer. I cant wait to see the fans reaction when they hear Jimmy's soaring guitar rifts interact and dance with the wonderful rhythms of his backing Polka band! :]

When I see the word "polka", I imagine elderly Polish-Americans at a VFW hall dance somewhere in Middle America. And accordions playing "Roll out the Barrel".<g> However, I suppose you can play polka music on guitar if you want so...

There's another reason to do it and thats money ! One last big payday before they call it a day will be very tempting to the Led wallet !

I don't think they would do it if they didn't feel they could do it justice but after the O2 I think they shocked themselves more than anyone else

as to how good they still were.I do believe they will give it one more shot with a tour spread over a period with long breaks in between to give themelves time to recover,throw the half hour acoustic set in for a sit down and off we go.

they turned down $1B billion pounds+ already... ca$h has not been a priority for a while now

There's another reason to do it and thats money ! One last big payday before they call it a day will be very tempting to the Led wallet !

they turned down $1B billion pounds+ already... ca$h has not been a priority for a while now

But if Rob wants to buy half of Texas since I'm guessing he likes it there, he'll need an additional source of scratch.

So... new album and tour.

Being serious I wouldnt mind them doing some sort of tour, or even a mini tour, or just playing some shows "here and there" when the feeling hits them.

But I honestly would be even more interested to hear what kind of new music they could create. There's no doubt they have grown as musicians from 1980 up until now. I dont think they would try to rehash Zeppelin 1 for instance. But could make new music that has the same "power" and "Style" as Zepelin 1 but WITH the addition of all their musical experience over the decades. That would be really cool IMO.

A tour/new album didn't happen in the late eighties, the nineties, or even after they actually reunited, so it probably won't happen when the original members are all in their sixties. It also seems pretty clear that Robert isn't interesting in singing about squeezing lemons anymore.

Continuing in that vein? That contradicts all the (good IMHO) arguments made (mostly by Robert) over the last 33 years as to why Led Zeppelin was done.

I very much agree. I used to be ticked at how Plant wouldn't let the group reconvene. Now I respect it, and I get puzzled why he himself keeps letting the door slightly ajar for some kind of reunion with the "Capricorns."

I very much agree. I used to be ticked at how Plant wouldn't let the group reconvene. Now I respect it, and I get puzzled why he himself keeps letting the door slightly ajar for some kind of reunion with the "Capricorns."

Wish I too had an answer. Can't figure it out. Is it just a ploy, just some comment thrown out there or actually genuine?

I get puzzled why he himself keeps letting the door slightly ajar for some kind of reunion with the "Capricorns."

For the same reason more than half the setlist is Led Zeppelin material: purely to maintain interest in what has arguably become a disinteresting solo career.

ticket sales and album/download sales support this

anytime the flow of interest runs low he either switches up musicians, adds LZ numbers or tosses out anything that creates a buzz of interest and revives a conversation. Originally he had to bring in Phil Collins to get ticket sales then when the concert ticket sales were flagging he decided it was a good time to "do Led Zeppelin material" then when that went dry it was a good time to do stuff with Page again. Went solo again... oh wait that didn't go so great... time to collaborate and raise some sand. That road was short even with grammys boost. Better "rework" the LZ material to keep it fresh and create some buzz and interest.

Since the late '80s he has done more than 64% Led Zeppelin material, 24% cover material and the rest solo material.

Not bashing him mind you. This period is a difficult time at best to be an artist in the music industry that has been in a severe downward trend with untold numbers of casualties and roadkills. Plant has done an excellent job not getting swept into the depths of has-beens like 99% of artists during this period.

More an indicator of the times in the industry, the circumstances have dictated a narrow selection of choices and I for one admire his ability and craftiness at navigating one hellaciously difficult time period and staying fresh, relevent and creative to boot. Almost impossible to do. The biggest indicator for me is how many people truly love the man and watching him do his thing.

When I saw him as Patty's Driver in Austin a few months back, he was bursting with energy, focused and so damn good I couldn't believe my eyes or my ears. Forget youthful exuberance, Plant is a juggernaut right now in terms of ability and delivery.

In this climate however, not really translating into sales/downloads. The sales figures for his recent releases are nominal, the SSS Blu-Ray has sold less than nearly everything that has been released in that time period.

ticket sales and album/download sales support this

anytime the flow of interest runs low he either switches up musicians, adds LZ numbers or tosses out anything that creates a buzz of interest and revives a conversation. Originally he had to bring in Phil Collins to get ticket sales then when the concert ticket sales were flagging he decided it was a good time to "do Led Zeppelin material" then when that went dry it was a good time to do stuff with Page again. Went solo again... oh wait that didn't go so great... time to collaborate and raise some sand. That road was short even with grammys boost. Better "rework" the LZ material to keep it fresh and create some buzz and interest.

Since the late '80s he has done more than 64% Led Zeppelin material, 24% cover material and the rest solo material.

Not bashing him mind you. This period is a difficult time at best to be an artist in the music industry that has been in a severe downward trend with untold numbers of casualties and roadkills. Plant has done an excellent job not getting swept into the depths of has-beens like 99% of artists during this period.

More an indicator of the times in the industry, the circumstances have dictated a narrow selection of choices and I for one admire his ability and craftiness at navigating one hellaciously difficult time period and staying fresh, relevent and creative to boot. Almost impossible to do. The biggest indicator for me is how many people truly love the man and watching him do his thing.

When I saw him as Patty's Driver in Austin a few months back, he was bursting with energy, focused and so damn good I couldn't believe my eyes or my ears. Forget youthful exuberance, Plant is a juggernaut right now in terms of ability and delivery.

In this climate however, not really translating into sales/downloads. The sales figures for his recent releases are nominal, the SSS Blu-Ray has sold less than nearly everything that has been released in that time period.

Plant must really love making music and performing. It's not as if he needs the money. He was set for life by the time Zep folded. Yet, he keeps putting himself out there; recording, composing, touring. That takes a special kind of passion. I like my job well enough but there is no way I would continue to do it into my sixties if I didn't need the money.

Jesus, Joseph and Mary..... he burned so many bridges and restricted access to make new music and get it out there ? Think about that for a second.

First, bridges are not required even if they existed. If they do, please point out where one is located

Second, industry changed and pissed people off- really? Name someone he pissed off so bad they would not jump at the chance to talk to him

Ok, well gosh- he really hurt himself by being the most in demand act in history and being offer $1 Billion Pounds and anything else he wanted just name it. Really crippled his future he did. It's horrible that he has so damaged himself as to be honored at the Kennedy Center Honors and be the envy of every single artist in the world.

The music industry is so languished right now one of the few bright spots came from Celebration Day released by a band that ended in September 1980. Or did it? Says Led Zeppelin on the label, on the inside and on the discs.

The boxsets may well turn the only real profit in 2013-2014 for a record label. Dear lord he is just limping along, nevermind being respected and admired by the most loyal and informed fans in the world. He should probably consult Rolling Stone magazine for advice for a solid path for image repair and public relations.

Really? Pardon my shock.

No offense but Page hasn't released any new compositions that I know of since Walking into Clarksdale. That was over a decade ago. Nor has he performed much in public during this period. Unlike John Deacon, he never announced that he was retiring from the music business. Thus, I don't think it's out of line for posters to wonder why he has been relatively inactive as a musician during this period. Yes, I know that he's the one who oversees the new releases from Zep's catalog but this isn't the same as recording new music or performing in public.

Agreed Virgil I liked the Americana stuff as well...and the Shape Shifters ...havent seen em live but what I have heard is interesting.It's fine if people don't like Plant's newer music but i think theres room for that and the Zep legacy both. When I heard people calling Alison Krauss "yoko" a few years ago I had to laugh...just because one may not appreciate a type of music doesn't make it inferior...Zep listened to a lot of Fairport Convention and obviously respected Sandy Denny enough to bring her on an album...yet to some people their kind of music is probably considred "sleepy'. OT: Richard Thompson's "Electric" makes for a good listen..well -produced by Buddy Miller so near topic by one degree of separation.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd like to see a page album but I don't think they need a whole album of Led Zeppelin with all members + jason, it's just not Zep.

Without Bonzo in the mix, it's not Led Zeppelin. They ended it in the most beautiful fashion. To make a new album under Led Zeppelin would just ruin that legacy.

I pray to God and the Devil they do not do it.

The only thing worth Led Zeppelin -minus John Bonham- can do is a tour like The Police. Any other activity will be their tomb.

Let's be serious about it. Jimmy Page creativity is dry since mid-seventies. Outrider was an honest effort. Page/Coverdale was fantastic but has short legs (it was Led Zeppelin 2.0). And Plant/Page reunion was all Zepp stuff. Walking into Clarksdale was something I think I heard once in my life, and left me indiferent.

Let's face it: their time, as Led Zeppelin, was gone long time ago.

Cheers.

tt.

You say say that JP has been in a dry spell for some time and yet were still asking for more after 30yrs + and we know and trust me, when JP comes out with a new CD it will be mighty and the dry spell will be forgotten ..There inst many Guitarist that can hit a dry spell for that long of period of time and still be relevant..It simply just does not happen..

You say they LZ were gone a long time ago and yet after 40yrs were still talking about them..Never ever estimate the power of LZ..

A few say that there is no LZ without JHB True!.. however, and yet there were over 20 Mill requesting Tickets for one show and that Million more will glamor for a reunion tour..

The legacy of LZ wont be tarnish if there were one more officaill tour without JHB.. JB is more than capable of handling and making sure and making hes Pop proud that he help put the name LED ZEPPELIN Legacy into a new generation.. Nuff Said

Looking forward to the documentary when it is released... Thx for the info, Steve.

Been a long time since I was on the forum....

hope some newer footage OF jP, jPJ AND rp along w. Jason jamming is included...

R :bubble:

Archived