Pink Floyd?

KittyKashmir

I love Pink Floyd but I only have five of their albums, namely Wish You Were Here, Dark Side of the Moon, The Division Bell, A Momentary Lapse of Reason, & The Wall.

Do yourself a favor - go out and buy Atom Heart Mother (70'), Obscured By Clouds (72'), Meddle (71'), Ummagumma (69'), Animals (77'), The Piper At The Gates Of Dawn (67'), and A Saucerful Of Secrets (68').

You will really enjoy Meddle & Aniamls!

I love Pink Floyd but I only have five of their albums, namely Wish You Were Here, Dark Side of the Moon, The Division Bell, A Momentary Lapse of Reason, & The Wall. My favourite is Wish You Were Here, David Gilmour's guitar is such a pleasure to your ears. But I like a lot of the tracks on The Wall and Sorrow from Momentary Lapse of Reason. I like the quirkiness of Roger Water's singing and the whole package is just so professional and slick, even down to their backing singers and lazer shows.

You need to enter the world of Animals :

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=96vr1lhx9hE

I also like "Animals" very much, mainly due to the fact that I never played that album to death.

Just recently re-discovered "A momentary lapse of reason" which I hadn't heard in ten years or something. Very nice, even though there ain't no Waters involved.

Animals was the first Pink Floyd album that I ever listened to, sometime in 2006-2007. Up until that point I had no idea there was music that sounded like that. I was absolutely blown away.

Animals and Meddle are two of my favorites for sure! Animals is the BEST driving album, just get lost in those long songs!

After not listening to DSOTM for many years, because it was played to death, I'm getting back into it as well!

Love some of the more obscure songs like "Alan's Psychedelic Breakfast", "The Narrow Way", "Jugband Blues", "Summer of '68", "See Emily Play", "Green Is The Colour" and "Not Now John", etc.

• 2 weeks later...

My first PF gig was their final full concert with the classic line-up: performing The Wall, Earl's Court June 17th, 1981. Glad I managed to just get under the wire on that one!

I was in Hyde Park for Live 8...but in the section where they were showing the concert on the big screen, close...but not quite the bit of the park I wanted to be!

I seem to recall applying for Wembley Arena in 77, but no joy on that occasion. I certainly would have liked to see them earlier than I did (The Wall live was not exactly a typical Floyd gig), but I've seen them a few times since sans Waters, so I think I have a reasonable idea what it must have been like back in the day.

I find Roger Waters solo stuff pretty depressing...saw him at Glastonbury years ago and most of his set was a real downer.

Having said that, I'm considering checking him out at Wembley stadium - to see The Wall again rather than Roger!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Great song. When we're having some ale and Bill(friend)comes over and picks up the acoustic guitar he always starts playing Animals, particularly that part of the song (4:13)over and over and we love it, because he plays it so well.

• 3 months later...

^^^^^ It's a bit of a pisser when this crappy Gilmour Floyd album get's the 5.1 treatment before the Pink Floyd Animals or The Wall albums. I will of course reluctantly buy the thing for completion purposes.

^ Agreed, but I can't help but think there must be a reason for it. Perhaps Waters isn't keen yet? We don't really know what's going on. Or maybe it's just because it's the 20th anniversary, I don't know.

I actually really like The Division Bell, it seems much more than most other fans. The lack of Waters' meaningful lyrics is quite noticeable, but apart from that... it's quite good IMO. They were much happier making it than they were the two previous ones, and that makes a big difference to the feel and sound of the record.

^^^^^ It's a bit of a pisser when this crappy Gilmour Floyd album get's the 5.1 treatment before the Pink Floyd Animals or The Wall albums. I will of course reluctantly buy the thing for completion purposes.

TDB I would guess is an all digital recording which will make the conversion go that much quicker.

I also think jimjam is on to something .. maybe Roger is holding it up..He has no claim on TDB.

Plus they (Gilmour, Wright, and Mason) actually collaborated on TDB, unlike the previous 3 discs. I think it's the most "Floyd sounding" disc since "Animals".

Agreed. But I would say since WYWH.

I love Animals...alot, But, Richard Wright's involvement is noticeably reduced.

Agreed. But since they toured "Animals" way before it was released, I thought that disc was more of a collaboration than the credits revealed. I have enjoyed all of the Floyd albums, personally. Some more than others...

Archived