Pink Floyd?

KittyKashmir

New Roger Waters music video called "The Child Will Fly", the two and a half minute song features contributions from Shakira and Eric Clapton and Gustavo Cerati (from Soda Stereo, one of the biggest groups in Argentina). It was written 6 years ago for the Fundacion Alas charity to raise money to help disadvantaged children.

http://youtu.be/-Z-9JTQkI4U

Here is a video of the making of the video:

http://youtu.be/J_AbW0yDbcI

I have started giving away my Floyd stuff to my nephew, he's a fanatic...So I told him he could have my stuff when I pop my clogs....But I decided to give him an album each time I see him. So far I've given him Pulse, The First Three Singles, and Momentary Lapse of Reason.I haven't gone off them, I just thought I'd give them to someone that I like, who likes Roger Waters stuff more than Gilmours.

That's nice, pph, and quite humorous too! You say he likes Waters' stuff better than Gilmour's, but you gave him two Gilmour albums and what I would presume to be a Barrett-based release with "first 3 singles". Good stuff and very kind of you - but funny nonetheless! :lol:

That's nice, pph, and quite humorous too! You say he likes Waters' stuff better than Gilmour's, but you gave him two Gilmour albums and what I would presume to be a Barrett-based release with "first 3 singles". Good stuff and very kind of you - but funny nonetheless! :lol:

Yes I know, but I'm not keen on Gilmours stuff, so I'm giving him that first....Ther's method in my madness, I'll be seeing him tomorrow so I'll give him "On an Island" I've only played it once.....I'm keeping my Waters' albums until last.....maybe when I've popped my clogs. I've just dug out a VHS copy of Roger Waters Thw Wall live - The one where they boo Sinead O'Connor, I can't believe how bad it is.....Half of them are way out of tune, and at the and one of the roadies is about to put the last brick in as Waters is still singing, you can see him shaking his head, it's really funn

When you say you prefer Roger's stuff, pph, you mean 'The Wall' and 'the Final Cut'? I find it interesting how fans can have different views on things like that. I liked it when they were working together, but if I had to choose between Gilmour-led or Waters-led Floyd, I'd go with the former. Roger is a gifted songwriter, but you need talent when it comes to playing and singing to make a really decent album in my opinion.

When you say you prefer Roger's stuff, pph, you mean 'The Wall' and 'the Final Cut'? I find it interesting how fans can have different views on things like that. I liked it when they were working together, but if I had to choose between Gilmour-led or Waters-led Floyd, I'd go with the former. Roger is a gifted songwriter, but you need talent when it comes to playing and singing to make a really decent album in my opinion.

You have to be kidding, who do you think was the main writer and lyricist on all the truly great Pink Floyd albums. Imo Pink Floyd were done when Roger Waters left the band. All three of Waters studio albums are streets ahead of the two Gilmour Floyd studio albums lyrically. The lyrics on MLOR and DB are absolutely dire compared to Roger Waters lyrics on his three studio albums P&COH,RC and ATD. I use the term Gilmour Floyd for MLOR and DB because those two albums sound more like David Gilmour solo albums. The Pink Floyd name should have been retired after the Final Cut. I will also add that the live albums Delicate Sound and Pulse sound more like Gilmour solo tour albums than proper Pink Floyd live albums, neither deserve to be called Pink Floyd albums.....as you might be able to tell I favour Roger Waters over David Gilmour....Rant over.

You have to be kidding, who do you think was the main writer and lyricist on all the truly great Pink Floyd albums. Imo Pink Floyd were done when Roger Waters left the band. All three of Waters studio albums are streets ahead of the two Gilmour Floyd studio albums lyrically. The lyrics on MLOR and DB are absolutely dire compared to Roger Waters lyrics on his three studio albums P&COH,RC and ATD. I use the term Gilmour Floyd for MLOR and DB because those two albums sound more like David Gilmour solo albums. The Pink Floyd name should have been retired after the Final Cut. I will also add that the live albums Delicate Sound and Pulse sound more like Gilmour solo tour albums than proper Pink Floyd live albums, neither deserve to be called Pink Floyd albums.....as you might be able to tell I favour Roger Waters over David Gilmour....Rant over.

Much better lyrically... but boring musically... I've tried to get into Waters solo stuff, but to me they go nowhere.

The lyrics on MLOR and TDB are average at best.. but the music is great.

Proves to me how much they needed each other..

Give me Syd Barrett era Floyd! Piper is one of my all-time favs.

Well, Roger, of course. Where did I say he wasn't? David can't write very well and, don't worry, it's something he's well aware of and has admitted to. I think he's one of the best songwriters we've ever had, better even than Lennon-McCartney. His lyrics are as crucial to post-Barrett Floyd as Rick's organ and Dave's distinctive guitar playing. But his bass playing is average and his singing is, well, not tecnically too great. He does get emotion across very well, though, and that's something some do struggle to do.

Exactly my point. Lyrically. But think you need more than that to make good music.

I'm a big Waters fan, trust me. I don't need you to point out to me how great he is (and I also hate MLOR, for the record). You say that that and DB sound like Gilmour solo albums, well do you not think that Final Cut (and perhaps even the Wall in parts) sound like Roger solo albums? There's almost zero contribution from anyone else, so of course they do.

I also think the Floyd name should've been retired after the Wall, seeing as one of the members left. After the Final Cut? Definitely. So we don't think too differently, you see.

Archived