• Central/South America
    • Middle East
    • Far East
    • Australia/New Zealand/Oceana
    • India/Pakistan
    • Russia
    • China/Japan
    • Somewhere else

from Czech Republic :) .This small country in Europe,USA wanna build a radar in our country,I don´t know why most of people still don´t agree.

...and we have very egoistic president,but psssst :huh:

I hope that you (Corpus Christi) missed Hurricane Dolly, San Antonio got hit by rain and a pretty bad Tornado in the south side. ROCK ON!

Dolly did visit us. A few trees were uprooted, some minor flooding in really low areas. Nothing major. Water sports improved for a while.

How bad was the tornado? If I had to choose between a hurricane and a tornado, I would choose a hurricane- I can prepare for that or leave.

No choices with tornadoes. Nasty stuff. B)

Dolly did visit us. A few trees were uprooted, some minor flooding in really low areas. Nothing major. Water sports improved for a while.

How bad was the tornado? If I had to choose between a hurricane and a tornado, I would choose a hurricane- I can prepare for that or leave.

No choices with tornadoes. Nasty stuff. B)

How's it going Tejanablonde? Glad that you're ok and no one was hurt. The Tornado that hit South San Antonio was pretty bad. It went down Roosevelt and took some roofs off of some homes. It was also strong enough to move some motor homes. My local news said that the winds were going about 90 mph. Its really not bad when compared to some really bad Tornados, but it was bad enough to cause some serious damage. My Aunts home is in the South side but they got minor damage. Thank God! ROCK ON!

HA.. I live in Austin during the school year, but I'm back home in Brownsville for the summer.. go back to Austin in three weeks.. thank god.

Okay, now I understand the "border" statement. Where were you during the hurricane? Austin or the valley?

Okay, now I understand the "border" statement. Where were you during the hurricane? Austin or the valley?

I was in Brownsville.. we got some hurricane force winds, but nothing too bad. There was a lot of flooding in the poorer sections of town, some people in San Benito and Los Fresnos were without electricity and water for a few days and, if I understand correctly, Port Isabel and Bayview are still trying to get everything back to normal too. Im not sure how bad it was on the island. Kingsville got a lot of damage too, I heard it got what Brownsville was originally supposed to get, but since it curved north a bit they got it. I think this was the closest hurricane since Bret, but I don't know if we've gotten a direct hit since category 5 Beulah in the 60s wayyyy before my time.

• 5 months later...

Archived