Reality Shows

redrum

I don't know if this topic has been posted but ever since I got cable TV I cannot believe how many of these damned shows there are and they seem to come up with a new one every week. Those damned storage shows really get on my nerves and why does that one group always win the bid? Some others I can't stomach:

Amish Mafia

Honey Boo Boo

Operation Repo (fat woman takes your vehicle)

American Pickers (boring)

Celebrity Apprentice

I could go on and on but want to save room for others, but what's next, Celebrity Toilet Paper? :wall:

Some I do like:

Pawn Stars

Hardcore Pawn

Abandoned

Shark Tank

Parking Wars

I don't know if this topic has been posted but ever since I got cable TV I cannot believe how many of these damned shows there are and they seem to come up with a new one every week. Those damned storage shows really get on my nerves and why does that one group always win the bid? Some others I can't stomach:

Amish Mafia

Honey Boo Boo

Operation Repo (fat woman takes your vehicle)

American Pickers (boring)

Celebrity Apprentice

I could go on and on but want to save room for others, but what's next, Celebrity Toilet Paper? :wall:

Some I do like:

Pawn Stars

Hardcore Pawn

Abandoned

Shark Tank

Parking Wars

Love Hardcore Pawn. Watch it every week. Probably the best of the lot. Like the Amazing Race too.

I think the real question is "How can they be called reality?" ........

However, I am an avid "American Pickers" and "Pawn Stars" watcher, but more for the history lessons about the items than anything......and I love Danielle on A/P's.....

The reality about reality shows is that they are cheaper to produce that quality TV comedy or drama. Show titles and descriptions tell you all you need to know: if I see "contestants" or "vie for" in the guide I bypass the channel. Was never drawn to them and have no idea who that Boo Boo girl is. Network TV has become such a vast wasteland of boring programming that except for a new drama here or there, PBS stations, BBC, Bravo, IFC, Netflix for AMC series land HBO are the only channels worth even checking out IMO. TV offers such potential it's a shame that there are hundreds of trash channels taking up space.

I got hooked on Dance Moms and Real Housewives of Beverly Hills :bagoverhead: If you haven't watched them, don't; you will get hooked.

I also catch the occasional episode of Bar Rescue, Flip the House/Vegas (or whatever) and Swamp People (that one's kind of fun, but I haven't caught it in a while). Oh, and Billy the Exterminator :lol: (occasionally, but not recently).

Is there an end to these shows? A few are good, but mostly trash! Been going like this for over ten years now.

Wonder what the first reality show was? I know we had Cops back in the late 80's. Probably a few long before that, but not many I guess.

Of course they are not truly "reality" - lots of acting, fake drama and creative editing, but I like a few of the cooking competitions and Project Runway. I neither cook nor sew particularly well, and some of these people's talents are amazing to me.

Most of them are too fake for me; you can smell the false drama and conflict. I am facinated by the show Hoarders and the extent of that type of mental illness.

I can't watch 'Hoarders' mainly because of the gross living conditions with pet poop everywhere and the one woman who saved her pee in bottles. :wacko:

Here's another dumb one.

http://www.fullthrottlesaloon.com/

I can't watch 'Hoarders' mainly because of the gross living conditions with pet poop everywhere and the one woman who saved her pee in bottles. :wacko:

Here's another dumb one.

Well that's TMI. It's so gross and how anyone can live like that is unfathomable. Being a hoarder is beyond an illness. It's gross and just laziness, that one can't cleanup after oneself and throw things out ever so often.

Here's another dumb one.

The hoarder thing is very disgusting, but I think what is facinating to me is how the family members show up and then stand around trying to convince the hoarder relative to get rid of stuff, but little is accomplished. I can never figure out why they don't just barge in and start scooping things up and toss it out. I guess these hoarders must be very manipulative and the familes just give up on them.

I have not seen Full throttle saloon. Is that a new show?

My roommate watches Celebrity Apprentice. I can't stand it because Trump is such a pompous jerk face.

Yes he his....but an unbelievably rich one!

I guess it's tough to get rich without screwing and backstabbing others along the way. Perhaps, that's why I'll never be someone like this. I think, I'm too honest unfortunately!

Back in the 80's and 90's he was focused on real estate, now it's golf course and country club development for him. He know own Doral in the Miami area and will be redoing the course that is one of the great courses on the PGA tour, which is being played right now. On NBC as I type, if interested.

Archived