Adios, Hugo

redrum

Well, being from not too far for Boston...

He and Venezuela did more for the elderly of this country than the 'other' oil companies did.

My best to his family. He was a young man...

What a statement, it's not the role of oil companies or any energy company for that matter to look after the elderly...I love how everyone hates oil except for when they want to go on the bus...

The news really baffled me, I must say, I always thought he'd outlive Castro. Too bad, because he provided a political counter balance in the region, who will take his place, not only in the Presidency, but in everything he represented to the Latin American left? May he rest in peace.

What a statement, it's not the role of oil companies or any energy company for that matter to look after the elderly...I love how everyone hates oil except for when they want to go on the bus...

Dude,

What bus are you talking about?

Oh, I dunno, maybe it would be nice for companies making B-B-Billions on you and me giving just a little back? Just a little? Seriously.

You go, Joe. (4OIL).

RIP, Mr Chavez.

The current Vice-President in Venezuela claims a foreign government had poisoned Chavez and that's how he got cancer. That's weird, but not surprising. Well if true....then good things happen for a reason! I'm sure the robber barons that are the oil companies as well as those on Wall Street who set the barrel prices will miss him! Most won't

>
Joe 4oil?

Damn right, comrade! Es verdad. For the 
record, according to 2011 tax filings, Comrade Joe made $901,236 from Citizens Energy and related corporations. His lovely bride, Beth, grabbed another $346,764.

That Joe?

Or Hugo who socked away 2 billion in profits?

The news really baffled me, I must say, I always thought he'd outlive Castro. Too bad, because he provided a political counter balance in the region, who will take his place, not only in the Presidency, but in everything he represented to the Latin American left? May he rest in peace.

Yeah, he was a 'nice' guy. May he be in the company of Bin Laden, Saddam, Arafat, Ghaddafi, etc.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/08/28/2972699/chavezs-decade-of-media-repression.html

I suppose the new acting President of Venezuela will be better appreciated here

Born in 1952 and raised in Buenos Aires, he was a rock music enthusiast in his teens – with Led Zeppelin among his favourites – and reportedly considered a career in a band. http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/mar/06/nicolas-maduro-post-chavez-bluster

225px-Nicolas_Maduro_-_ABr_26072010FRP81

sorry redrum, I won't read the Miami Herald, another paper I'd be glad to!

Archived