Mines is....

1 Get Time machine, see Led Zeppelin

2 Visit Salem

3 Do a 24 hour ghost hunt/sleepover in the Tower of London

4 Learn to swim and finally learn to surf

5 Take up archery

6 Get married (!!!???)

I'll think up more laters...

I am sure you will fullfill the married wish, just make sure he is worth it. I am not familiar with the Tower of London. Now I am curious. I would love to see the streets that Jack the Ripper commited his crimes on.

Oh yeah the Ripper Tours, apparently there are normally huge queues to get onto that

http://www.thejacktherippertour.com/

Most likely save the neighborhood to a degree? Just guessing. Its probably hot like the Black Dahlia and such. But not on the scale of visiting the Hope diamond or the Mona Lisa

I created this thread but have had little input myself simply because there are so many things I want to do. Which are realistic? Or affordable? I would have to make choices for sure. Unless I have an unforseen windfall.

Go to California (even though I lived there when I was 4-Rodondo Beach)

Visit the Smithsonian and see the Hope diamond. The Chicago museum to see the T Rex and Lions from Savo

Go to either Hawaii or the Carribean Islands.

See my youngest daughter marry the right guy. My oldest has.

Cross the Atlantic on a ship

Visit London and Paris

would love to visit Cape Town S Africa but I guess its not safe enough

Go to Hoboken NJ to my daughter's place (this one will happen for sure and soon)

Hit Vegas and or Atlantic City

See a live NBA game

Go to a game at Camden Yards to see my Orioles

See the Bills and Sabres win it all

I will think of more later

Thanks Stargoves and Strider.

Soboba is in San Jacinto. By Hemet.

http://www.socalsanddrags.com/images/oct13raceflyer.jpg

I was hoping to come out and support you in person but I have to work all thru the weekend.

Mines is....

1 Get Time machine, see Led Zeppelin

2 Visit Salem

3 Do a 24 hour ghost hunt/sleepover in the Tower of London

4 Learn to swim and finally learn to surf

5 Take up archery

6 Get married (!!!???)

I'll think up more laters...

I'm always a little shocked when I hear someone doesn't know how to swim. It seems like a basic childhood necessity. How do you go through life never learning to swim?

Then I realize that some people grow up in arid areas where there isn't water or a swimming pool for miles around. That would be like torture to me.

I'm guessing #1 on your list is the most popular answer so far on this thread.

Loved the Tower of London tour when I was in England.

Well considering it that while I was in primary school and during a trip to the swimming baths with the rest of my class mates (I was about 7 or 8 at the time) resulted in me nearly drowning in the deep end of the pool, in FULL sight of the swimming instructor and he did nothing about it...I guess that answers your question.

Well considering it that while I was in primary school and during a trip to the swimming baths with the rest of my class mates (I was about 7 or 8 at the time) resulted in me nearly drowning in the deep end of the pool, in FULL sight of the swimming instructor and he did nothing about it...I guess that answers your question.

WTF? This requires more explanation. What happened? Was the instructor fired? Did you tell your parents?

Well it did happen such a long time ago, I think I did tell my parents but there was never any enquiry into it, I really don't know what happened to the instructor. All I can remember of it was that most of my class mates could swim except for me. I remember walking up and down the inside side of the pool grabbing onto a handrail all the way along, then I slipped and went under. But the instructor was more focused on the kids who can swim but he clearly saw me struggling and I think my primary school teacher shouted to him. I remember by the time I was fished out I had ended up in the deep end of the pool. After spending the remander time in the changing room with my school teacher in hysterics I was then sent home.

To be honest that's all I remember and as I said it was such a long long time ago....way before health and safety therefore no enquiry, questions or sacking.

I never set foot in that place again (In fact the pool was closed down and demolished recently)

^^^

Wow, that is unconscionable and truly an unfortunate event. Lucky your teacher was there.

I'm quite a bit older than you and even back in the dark ages of the 60s and 70s, our schools wouldn't let you near a pool unsupervised, especially if you didn't know how to swim. Those that didn't know how would get individual instruction immediately upon parental approval.

Your supposed swimming instructor was an asshole for ignoring you. He deserves a bonk on the head for your trauma...and yes, before anyone accuses me of being dramatic, it is traumatic when you think you're drowning.

SozoZoso, have you thought of taking swimming lessons at your local Y or recreation center?

To be honest Strider, I prefer to keep my feet firmly on the ground...esp when I can still see them :)

So the surfer thing is really a pipe dream of mine...no pun tended lol

Well, I'm a great swimmer(I did the triathlon once) and I used to surf a bit, so if you're ever out in LA, you have a standing invitation for a free swimming lesson from me.

I wish you luck also. Just hit the big 56 myself

Thanks Rick....

Strider, It would be fun to see you out there but know you will be with me in spirit....

I turned in my registration form today....had a seat in the car just to make sure I fit (it's quite tight to squeeze into) and made sure the suit fit me.

1) Visit Ghana and Senegal in West Africa

2) Take figure skating lessons and pass the adult basic skills test

3) Write the novel I've been toying around with for over 20 years

4) Take sailing lessons

5) Take adult swimming lessons and become a stronger swimmer

6) Do a canoe trip from the source of the Connecticut River in the White Mountains to its mouth in Long Island Sound.

7) Go horseback riding.

I'm posting this for ledzepfvr. She crossed off an item on her Bucket List today...and in support of the fight against Breast Cancer, no less! Boo cancer! Hooray ledzepfvr!

Here she is next to her Hot Rod that she raced today...like she was reenacting John Bonham's "Moby Dick" sequence in "The Song Remains the Same" movie!

post-1470-0-41173700-1381091291_thumb.jp

The hubby put up a youtube of my last race for anyone interested to watch. I'm in the left lane in the black and blue rail.

Great! I would not want to be standing behind it. So how long have you done this? What is the average price of one of those? I knew guys that went to a place called Spencer speedway near here and Lancaster near Buffalo. Used to do demolition though

Well, after much thought, here's my list:

*Start and finish my PhD

*Attend an Oktober Fest at Munich

*Stay in the UK for 2 to 3 months, attending festivals such as Glastonbury and visiting places of historical significance such as the Tower of London, the Globe theatre, the Lake District, Canongate Churchyard (Adam Smith’s gravesite), etc.

*See the Northern Lights

*Take a tour of the Great Wall of China

*Visit significant tourist spots in India such as the Taj Mahal, the Red Fort, Tipu Sultan’s Palace, etc.

*Attend at least one Soccer World Cup match, at least one Cricket World Cup match and at least one Ashes test match

* Learn to play the electric guitar

* Attend the Chicago Blues Festival, the Howlin' Wolf Memorial Blues Festival, visit the legendary Robert Johnson's grave

* Meet Russell Peters (my favourite comedian in the entire world) and attend one of his shows

My original bucket list is longer, but these goals and aspirations are in my top 10 :)

Well, after much thought, here's my list:

*Start and finish my PhD

*Attend an Oktober Fest at Munich

*Stay in the UK for 2 to 3 months, attending festivals such as Glastonbury and visiting places of historical significance such as the Tower of London, the Globe theatre, the Lake District, Canongate Churchyard (Adam Smith’s gravesite), etc.

*See the Northern Lights

*Take a tour of the Great Wall of China

*Visit significant tourist spots in India such as the Taj Mahal, the Red Fort, Tipu Sultan’s Palace, etc.

*Attend at least one Soccer World Cup match, at least one Cricket World Cup match and at least one Ashes test match

* Learn to play the electric guitar

* Attend the Chicago Blues Festival, the Howlin' Wolf Memorial Blues Festival, visit the legendary Robert Johnson's grave

* Meet Russell Peters (my favourite comedian in the entire world) and attend one of his shows

My original bucket list is longer, but these goals and aspirations are in my top 10 :)

You can kill two birds with one stone there. While you're in the UK travel up to Scotland, as far as I know you can see the Northern Lights from there :)

Great! I would not want to be standing behind it. So how long have you done this? What is the average price of one of those? I knew guys that went to a place called Spencer speedway near here and Lancaster near Buffalo. Used to do demolition though

Beleive it or not that was the 3rd time down the track EVER..The first two time were practice runs. I did take it around the pits Saturday to get a feel for the power, response and the brakes. But this was such a rush for me to do this. I have no idea what the price of those are. Can't be cheap.

That was my brother in law in the pink shirt (it was a breast cancer fund raiser weekend) in the video. It was his car I was driving and he spotted me for the stageing. I kinda wondered if I showered him with sand when I took off. It was quite a rooster tail I created. The hubby said they had to drag the track to clean up the mess I left behind.

Beleive it or not that was the 3rd time down the track EVER..The first two time were practice runs. I did take it around the pits Saturday to get a feel for the power, response and the brakes. But this was such a rush for me to do this. I have no idea what the price of those are. Can't be cheap.

That was my brother in law in the pink shirt (it was a breast cancer fund raiser weekend) in the video. It was his car I was driving and he spotted me for the stageing. I kinda wondered if I showered him with sand when I took off. It was quite a rooster tail I created. The hubby said they had to drag the track to clean up the mess I left behind.

Ha. That is funny. At least nobody got ran over

Archived