Bad Dudes Of The NFL

redrum

It seems the game is getting more wussified as time goes on. Anybody remember the old days when the players could head slap and clothesline tackle? I always remember 'Mad Dog' Mike Curtis of the Colts when he flattened an idiot fan who ran on the field. He was one mean linebacker back in the day. Of course 'Mean Joe Greene' didn't get that name for being a wuss. I can think of more but don't want to hog the thread. Name 'em but don't shame 'em. :^)

Deacon Jones Nicknamed the "Secretary of Defense",He was part of the Fearsome Foursome with Lamar Lundy,Rosie Greer and Merlon Olsen reeked havoc on opposing offenses.

They may have reeked after the games, but I am pretty sure they wreaked havoc during them. As far as "bad" dudes, Dick Butkus was Moby Dick in a goldfish bowl!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxR9qYSHt8U

A lot of old school Raiders fit well into this. (not to say there werent plenty of guys on other teams that were just as badass)

Shame the Raiders have become what they are, but still a lot of history. Then again, the NFL wouldn't even allow that type of play anymore...

A lot of old school Raiders fit well into this. (not to say there werent plenty of guys on other teams that were just as badass)

Shame the Raiders have become what they are, but still a lot of history. Then again, the NFL wouldn't even allow that type of play anymore...

Was never a real Raiders fan, but there was no denying their intimidation factor.

Lester Hayes was one of the reasons for that.

I'd probably add Ben Davidson. Back when the Chiefs and the Raiders were what they used to be.

I remember as a kid (surely I'm remembering this correctly) Ben Davidson impaling an already downed Len Dawson. A clear late hit. Otis Taylor ran up for a little whoop-ass on Ben.

Alex Karras. He said he liked it when a player took his helmet off to fight him. :lol:

Yeah, the old Raiders were a tough bunch:

Otis Sistrunk

Ted Hendricks

He was over shadowed by Jack Tatum but George Atkinson was a nasty piece of work himself.

Archived