Baseball discussion thread

Mattmc1973

Nick Swisher was my favorite non cubs ballplayer (and Scot speizo because i been to his house). but swisher currently play for the white sox, so as rule, he doesn't exist, because the white sox don't exist in this town.

Cubs fan, eh? My sister-in-law lives in Chicago, so to make her happy I put a Cubs hat on my son and took a pic...

c3b2da36.jpg

The way the Yankees got to modern relevancy was by the aid of a 12-year-old and an inept umpire (Rich Garcia); I find that rather sad. :)

Whine, whine, whine. Shit happens. There's railings out there in CF now so it can't happen again. It doesn't take away from what accomplished the rest of the decade.

Hi all,

Must be in the genes,.... ;)

Matt,what's up with the Tigers? :blink: I was figurin' that they be stompin' right thru September?!!?

KB(keep me from the Penske Pole,...hangman,hangman,...)

Once they get out of this slump (which no one could have predicted...Kansas CIty sweeps the Tigers? jeez) they should be good to go.

Hopefully anyways

I think the Tigers will be fine, but it still concerns me. Their bullpen sucks, and that's not gonna change until Rodney and Zumaya come back from injury. The bats will heat up eventually, they're all too good not to. But I don't like falling behind this quick. Everyone is calling into the radio stations saying "it's only April", "it's only a few games", "there's still 158 to go", etc etc. I get all that, but in an American League this strong, with so many good teams competing for 4 playoff spots, every game counts. Come September, when there's only a couple games separating the teams competing for the divisional titles or the wildcard spot, you don't want to look back and say "that sweep at home against the Royals really hurt us".

I heard a blip that SF is erasing all traces of Bonds?

Hypocrites!

:angry:

Yes it is, they will probably regret it one day. Well, ill tell you one thing, the worst thing you can do to an athlete, is not letting him play when he still thinks he got something. Bonds, Sosa, and Palmerio all were basically banned from playing baseball this year. No one is going to deal with all that shit. Sosa still may have a chance, but doubtful. So I guess they are paying for their cheating ways. Conseco wanted to come back, no one wanted him, he got pissed wrote a book, Mark McGuire career got cut short because of it. Jason Giambi is a lame duck in alot of ways and ken Griffey is alway hurt. (I'm not saying he did it). The old record don't mean shit to me, so it didn't matter if they did it or not. I wouldn't put it past old ball players that they wern't taking horse pills back then.

Cubs win! Cubs win! I was at the game today, hell of a bottom of the 7th.

Fuk-A-Dom-E

I think I'm going to post that flag every time they win this year.

Way to go Jays!! I'm very impressed with what I've seen so far...hope it lasts.

I was at the home opener on Friday and Geddy Lee was there...they showed him on the big screen. :D They also honoured Roberto Alomar by retiring his number and he was there too. The fans really dug that.

I'm glad they signed Rios, he's come a long way and I hope he has another stellar year. Our pitching looks solid so far...bullpen...check... so I'm just crossing my fingers for no major injuries and I think the Jays might have a good year.

Archived