Baseball discussion thread

Mattmc1973

^ Yeah, I read an article about the Yankees yesterday, basically saying that while it's good that they've re-signed Rivera, Posada, and A-Rod, they really haven't solved any of their central problems. Yes, they'll score a bunch of runs, but their major problem is still starting pitching. Clemens is likely gone for good, Mussina has lost it, Wang was their #1 starter but he was dismal in the postseason, and who knows if Pettitte is coming back. So they've spent a gazillion dollars to re-sign the 3 guys I mention above, but haven't addressed their main issue. We'll see what Cashman does...

If Petite comes back, Mussina will go to the pen as a long reliver. Plus there is still talk of us trying to get Santana. We will be ok. If not for those bugs showing up during the 8th when Joba just happend to be pitching that series would have gone the other way.

The Angels traded for Jon freakin Garland*.

We now have enough pitchers for 2 starting rotations! If this doesn't lead to us getting Miguel Cabrera, I shall very displeased. Vlad/Cabrera would own all.

*who've the angels front office has had a hard-on for since like....'01.

Yes Nemos you have to love those darn yankees :D

Red Sox signing of Lowel was nice he passed up better deals to stay in Fenway the way I hear it.

Go Sox

Hey I would have loved him at first but thats ok. I used to get screwed with a lot as a kid growing up in the SOX nation as a Yankee fan. But I still think I got the last laugh. Can't wait for next season.

And i'm sorry but Holliday was the MVP. And how the hell could anyone not vote for A-Rod as MVP. Those two guys were friggin morons.

GO YANKS!!!!!

Anyone wanna try me on football. 10-0 baby!!!! GO PATS!!!!

Tulowitzki [GG] and Holliday [MVP] were both robbed by Rollins. Total east coast bias there. If anything, Rollins MVP belongs to Tom Glavine for blowing the final game.

Considering the Phils did alot in the post season, it was all about Glavine wasn't it? If I remember correctly, the Phils took 8 outta 9 from the Mets in the home stretch. Seems to me the Mets just couldn't shake the Philly ghost. (Too bad when we weren't playing the Mets, we were very consistent.)

Back-to-Back NL MVPS. That hasn't happened since Mike Schmidt did it in 80-81. I'll savor it. Spirit of '93 rolls on.

Hey I would have loved him at first but thats ok. I used to get screwed with a lot as a kid growing up in the SOX nation as a Yankee fan. But I still think I got the last laugh. Can't wait for next season.

And i'm sorry but Holliday was the MVP. And how the hell could anyone not vote for A-Rod as MVP. Those two guys were friggin morons.

GO YANKS!!!!!

Nice to see another Yankees fan. Word of warning; we're not well-liked around here. I'm sure you're used to that, living in Bahston.

GO YANKS!!!!!

Pats all the way, I will be there sunday night doing my best tail-gating (Beers will be flowing).

Watching for those spy cameras!

Go Sox

Go Sox indeed :thumbsup: They will be even better this year, Dice K & Ellsbury have some MLB experience under their belt. Pedroia the reigning ROY, Buchholz & Lester, possibly in the rotation, Drew should bounce back (could he possibly be worse). Make a nice trade for Coco and I'd say they are the odds on favorite to repeat.

The Yanks are a trainwreck... :hysterical:

Considering the Phils did alot in the post season, it was all about Glavine wasn't it?

Like get swept by....Tulowitski and Holliday... heh? :mellow:

I rooted for the Phils cause they have a cool vibe and both NY teams have that overpayed, souless corporate feeling, but I mean, cmon it took a monumental collapse by the Mets to get them into the postseason. I have no idea how Randolph is still the manager.

Some nice moves by the Tigers so far...traded for Edgar Renteria, picked up Jacque Jones to fill in the hole in left. On the other hand, they re-signed Todd "The Rollercoaster" Jones, mainly because of Joel Zumaya's injury to his shoulder moving boxes during the CA wildfires...Ugh. And Kenny Rogers fired that moron Scott Boras and is representing himself, which makes his return to the Tigers more likely.

Pats all the way, I will be there sunday night doing my best tail-gating (Beers will be flowing).

Watching for those spy cameras!

I had season tickets back in the Steve Grogan years when the sucked!!! Loved it.

Like get swept by....Tulowitski and Holliday... heh? :mellow:

I rooted for the Phils cause they have a cool vibe and both NY teams have that overpayed, souless corporate feeling, but I mean, cmon it took a monumental collapse by the Mets to get them into the postseason. I have no idea how Randolph is still the manager.

No argument here. I like to think one of the contributing factors to the Mets choking is they couldn't help but see the Phils haunting their dreams at night.

Sox all the way??? You guys are real lucky the bugs showed up when they did cause we owned you last year!!!! And don't start with the 2004 crap either. you guys win 2 world series in 100 yrs and you think you have anything on us??? no way. plus both times you've won the Yankees have stolen your thunder.And thank God I don't live up there anymore. I couldn't take it anymore. You Sox fans are a whiney bunch.... :D:D:watchingyou:

No argument here. I like to think one of the contributing factors to the Mets choking is they couldn't help but see the Phils haunting their dreams at night.

True.

In other news, the Dodgers are thinking of playing a game against the Red Sox at the LA Coliseum like they did in 1958-61. 50th anniversary jazz and whatnot.

Coliseum_-_Complete_dead_center_pillars_from_upper192T.jpg

That would be awesome.

True.

In other news, the Dodgers are thinking of playing a game against the Red Sox at the LA Coliseum like they did in 1958-61. 50th anniversary jazz and whatnot.

Coliseum_-_Complete_dead_center_pillars_from_upper192T.jpg

That would be awesome.

I agree that would be cool.

Archived