A Woman's Revenge, a.k.a. How To Shoot Yourself In The Foot

kripke

Former Liberal Democrat minister Chris Huhne and his delightful ex-wife & top economist Vicky Pryce were both jailed for 8 months this week, for perverting the course of justice.

Many years ago, Ms Pryce agreed to take a speeding conviction to save her husband, who had actually been the driver, from losing his licence...although she later claimed that she had been coerced into doing this. All was fine & dandy until recently, when Mr Huhne dumped her for another woman, at which point Ms Pryce unleashed the full fury of a woman scorned, and announced that she had broken the law on her ex-husband's behalf. Her intention was to ruin his career and show the world what a complete and utter bastard he was. Instead, both their careers are now ruined, and they are both in rather unpleasant prisons. It is reported that Ms Pryce is already suffering terribly, and her lawyer is apparently outraged that his client was convicted, rather than being perceived as a poor little victim & thus exonerated.

I find this all incredibly amusing, because my ex-wife pulled several attention-seeking stunts like this to try to portray me as an unfit father, and instead ended up being severely chastised by a succession of judges, the end result of which was that I was awarded shared custody of our kids, whereas all I'd originally asked or dared to hope for was a meaningful level of contact.

What similar experiences have others had? And for the ladies out there, why do you do things like this?

My ex girlfriend showed up at my new girlfriend's house and said she was pregnant with my child. She wasn't pregnant, not with my child or any other child. She was trying to lash out at me.

My new girlfriend laughed at her and said, "I hope the baby doesn't look like you".

Archived