Meet the New Pope

Ace Of Spades

The only good pope is a dead pope. Instead of black smoke and white smoke, the Vatican could use a little green smoke.

I'm sorry, but it's impossible to take all this seriously. Anybody that has been paying attention knows the Catholic Church's integrity and relevancy is in tatters.

Thats a bit Harsh Sean. LOL

When you have spent your entire life being 'Brainwashed' and not bringing into question anything that you have been told, it is hard for some people to remove their Blinkers and look at their choosen Religion and see or worst still to voice any opinion about wrong doing.

I personally have no interest in any Religion at all, I just try to be a good person

The most pathetic thing about Catholicism & other religions is the fact that its adherents think that by ostensibly conforming to an archaic behavioural paradigm, they are somehow 'better' than those who have no need for any such code to tell them how to be good.

In the end, anyone who needs to be told how to be a good person is a fundamentally bad, or at best stupid, person.

Catholicism & other religions exist because there is apparently a spiritual dimension to humanity; the importance of living in accordance with a moral code should not be underestimated nor disparaged.

my wife was raised Catholic, her brothers attended Jesuit here in Dallas her sisters attended Ursaline & St. Rita, all are heavily involved in leadership within the community and hopeful for Francis. While a product of the system, they feel he will focus efforts and be true to the call.

Catholicism & other religions exist because there is apparently a spiritual dimension to humanity; the importance of living in accordance with a moral code should not be underestimated nor disparaged.

You don't need a religion to live with a moral code.

In the end, anyone who needs to be told how to be a good person is a fundamentally bad, or at best stupid, person.

Different religions tell people how to be good in different ways. From the outside looking in, I have far less of a problem with the catholic way over that other fastest growing religion in europe.

That's it, right there.

The most pathetic thing about Catholicism & other religions is the fact that its adherents think that by ostensibly conforming to an archaic behavioural paradigm, they are somehow 'better' than those who have no need for any such code to tell them how to be good.

Your logic at first seems flawed. Why would a fundamentally evil person desire a code for good?

The tenant of Christianity is redemption not to put themselves above others. When Christians see themselves as "somehow 'better' than those who have no need for such code", they are not really practicing their faith.

Kinda like people who keep returning to a website they have repeatedly been banned from.....

The only good pope is a dead pope. Instead of black smoke and white smoke, the Vatican could use a little green smoke.

I'm sorry, but it's impossible to take all this seriously. Anybody that has been paying attention knows the Catholic Church's integrity and relevancy is in tatters.

This is the most repulsvive thing I have ever heard from you. Simply repulsive

This is the most repulsvive thing I have ever heard from you. Simply repulsive

Yeah? Well at least I don't molest and rape millions of kids and then lie and cover-up and protect the predators and hypocritically say I want to help the poor then refuse to do anything to help curb their breeding habits, which helps keep them in poverty.

Religion is the opiate of the masses.

Yeah? Well at least I don't molest and rape millions of kids and then lie and cover-up and protect the predators and hypocritically say I want to help the poor then refuse to do anything to help curb their breeding habits, which helps keep them in poverty.

Religion is the opiate of the masses.

A few bad apples dont make the entire bushell bad. You know better than this.

^^^

Look, two things I've learned is never to discuss politics and religion in mixed company, so I'll just leave it at that. Just to clarify, I'm not saying the Catholic Church is worse than Muslims or Southern Baptists...I don't cotton to any organized religion.

I'm not against spirituality either. I don't believe you have to be religious to be spiritual.

I'm out of this thread for good...good luck with your new pope.

^^^

Look, two things I've learned is never to discuss politics and religion in mixed company, so I'll just leave it at that. Just to clarify, I'm not saying the Catholic Church is worse than Muslims or Southern Baptists...I don't cotton to any organized religion.

I'm not against spirituality either. I don't believe you have to be religious to be spiritual.

I'm out of this thread for good...good luck with your new pope.

Its best for both of us to leave. If someone attacks the Catholic church in my presence, it is my duty to bring out its good points as well. I am a Catholic until I die. I know that very evil people have snuck their way into positions they had no business attaining and doing terrible things. The pope himself is not denyiing it. To paint the entire clergy with the same brush is not fair.

Ya think?!? :blink:

Blind faith, just the way they like 'em...;)

Blind Faith. Was a great group.

Jesuits by the way are the most educated of all the orders. The society of Jesus is known for it's intellectual capacity and it's contribution to academics. The Jesuits run the finest schools of any of Catholic institutions.

On the other hand. The Fransicans instill a love of service and invoke a sense of family into their communities.

Pope Francis will bring both of these attributes back to full force in the Catholic Church. Viva Papa!

Its best for both of us to leave. If someone attacks the Catholic church in my presence, it is my duty to bring out its good points as well. I am a Catholic until I die. I know that very evil people have snuck their way into positions they had no business attaining and doing terrible things. The pope himself is not denyiing it. To paint the entire clergy with the same brush is not fair.

The catholics have some good things I agree.

catholic school girls are hot - Billy Joel wrote a song about them

saturday night mass is a better idea than sunday morning preach fests

Filet 'O Fish Fridays at Mickey D's

Notre Dame football

Catholics are allowed to drink

Mel Gibson

Linda Blair

Archived