so...Jimmy....whats happening?

How much chomping can one do? I assume he is busy doing the box sets...

This.

All indications are that Jimmy has taken a much more interactive rôle in the production of these sets, as compared with his involvement with the 2003 DVD and How the West Was Won. If some of my musings are correct, these considerations have kept him busy for at least a few years.

Patience is needed. Hopefully everything will be easily explained in the months to come.

Screw the box sets? TOUR JIMMY!!!

As I have said,on more the one occasion, the last time James graced the stage as a solo performer was Manchester Apollo Theatre November 26th 1988 on the outrider tour. I was in my 20's and it was a brilliant show. Been a long time eh?

He's been talking about a new project since 2003. He hasn't released any original material in 15 (or so) years.

He's supposed to have some new stuff coming for jimmypage.com, maybe he's actually going to announce an album....or maybe more merchandise

so what you all saying, JP has been bullshitting about new music?

Well 4 years is a pretty long time considering the amount of work Plant and Jones have done. He is a musician,producer and writer of amazing music so one would assume that he would love to put something out. His euphoria of the O2 show has been somewhat dampened by his lack of actually getting out there. You can hardly blame people for being sceptical?

I for one would love to hear new stuff from him and,unlikely as it would seem, see him playing live again.

On top of his game? As much as he can be nowadays maybe. His soloing/picking is reduced/pained due to his right hand, it's not the same as it used to be. Can he still play? Hell yes, but he has lost the ability to play like he did in the early 70's.

I wish he would just get out there quick. I've seen videos of him with the Black Crowes and with the Foo Fighters, and the man still has a desire to be in front of live people. If Jimmy would just replace Robert I think it would still be something people would want to see. Is there some contract thing that still makes Jimmy under Robert's control?

What artist from the 70's is still performing now like they did then? Page was chompin' at the bit to take Plant, Jones and Bonham on the road following the 02. I'd say the man knows his abilities (as well as his limitations) better than anyone else. I know the cry wolf thing has gotten tiresome but I never thought I'd see folks talking down a Page solo tour, especially the same ones that are always pining for a Zeppelin reunion. Baffling.

None that I can think of, but to say he hasn't lost ability is ludicrous. No doubt Page knows how he can play, he's shown us that he can still play, and I welcome a solo album. I'm not talking it down, and I have never been the one to pine for a reunion either. Page continues to string us along, and we will continue to be strung along. Hopefully something materializes.

I think if there's going to be a configuration that includes Page, Jones and Jason Bonham that there is no one else but Plant that can fulfill the role of frontman. I don't think Page has really elaborated on it a whole lot during these interviews for Celebration Day but he has made it pretty clear that he/they weren't satisfied with any of the other singers they auditioned. I doubt that will change.

Even if they tried a few people they just didn't look far enough to find someone who is the right fit. Jason is younger so I think a frontman could be younger too. A younger frontman could bring fresh ideas as well.

I would say that there's no doubt that a musician of Jimmy Page's calibre would always have new music kicking around. Its part of being a musician, coming up with new ideas.

What he clearly doesnt have is a vehicle that hes comfortable with i.e. a band. And it seems that unfortunately, the only real vehicle that hes comfortable with involves Robert Plant. At the end of the day, the guy is nearly 70 and really doesnt owe us anything at this point. I think that the reason he keeps referring to it, is to remind Plant that hes still around and still wants to work. But if Plant isnt interested, then its not going to happen unfortunately.

Just a little more patience needed...

By the end of next week, the Spring Equinox will have passed and so will the awards ceremony in Berlin which will represent Jimmy's first media appearance of the year.

I'm betting he'll have something concrete to talk about there...

many spring equinox have passed since the most recent original solo release, not holding my breath. Hopeful that both JPJ and JP get a moment with the media to say what is important to them and praying that if interviewers pop questions that they are fresh and pertinent, far away from the rehash bs

I would rather see a tour than a new album.

So what if he can't play the same as he did in the 70s; it's all relative. Jimmy Page with 85-90 percent of his ability is still better than 99.999 percent of guitarists who are performing.

He doesn't need Robert Plant to tour and if he did tour with Plant I would prefer it be as a Zeppelin reunion with Jones and Jason Bonham.

I liked the other two singers on Outrider and a tour with either of them would be great IMO, assuming they are still performing (not sure how old they are). I'm sure there are other singers he could draft. However, this might be a time-consuming process which would explain why we are waiting.

Archived