so...Jimmy....whats happening?

cmon, are business decisions really based around pagan beliefs? we have had a bundle of equinoxes since 2009

One of Page's last seemed to be, so....maybe? It's the best reasonable guess for a date.

I would like to see Page tour behind a new album. Hopefully tickets wouldn't be excessively expensive, although I'm sure they would be.

cmon, are business decisions really based around pagan beliefs? we have had a bundle of equinoxes since 2009

You don't have to be a pagan as such to recognise that equinoxes and solstices are very powerful moments - and in many ways hopeful ones.

If that still doesn't work for you , then did you make a New Year's resolution? Fresh start on your last birthday ? How about David Bowie's big news on his birthday this year ? All part of the same thing: there are power dates, whether they exist only in our minds, or are also reflected in the wider world, and in the solar system.

I haven't a clue if JP is planning anything on the Spring Equinox - but I can totally see why he might. Crossing my fingers ( if that's not too superstitious of me .. )

You don't have to be a pagan as such to recognise that equinoxes and solstices are very powerful moments - and in many ways hopeful ones.

If that still doesn't work for you , then did you make a New Year's resolution? Fresh start on your last birthday ? How about David Bowie's big news on his birthday this year ? All part of the same thing: there are power dates, whether they exist only in our minds, or are also reflected in the wider world, and in the solar system.

I haven't a clue if JP is planning anything on the Spring Equinox - but I can totally see why he might. Crossing my fingers ( if that's not too superstitious of me .. )

I don't think it is. I have my fingers crossed to. He released Lucifer Rising at this time last year, but there is the comment to keep an eye on his site. Interesting it comes all at the sametime of the Esquire interview and the Echo honors (BTW thanks for reminding me). I don't think it's a coincidence. It sounds like Jimmy.

What artist from the 70's is still performing now like they did then?

................errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! How about Eric Clapton and particularly Jeff Beck? I'm not a massive fan of either but they still have their chops because they regularly play and practice daily. Page has played one gig since 2000! I sometimes wonder how often and for how long he picks up a guitar or whether the hunger is still there?

Page has played one gig since 2000!

This information is incorrect according to Page's website, which lists a number of gigs over the past 10 years, although they may have been singular events.

I doubt he would tour without an album to support.

From a business point of view, artists tour to support albums. At this point, Page, to my knowledge, is not in need of more funds. He could, for example, go on a tour either 1. Because it might be fun or 2. To please his fans or 3. Both.

On top of his game? As much as he can be nowadays maybe. His soloing/picking is reduced/pained due to his right hand, it's not the same as it used to be. Can he still play? Hell yes, but he has lost the ability to play like he did in the early 70's.

What's wrong with Page's right hand?

It's called 'Unecessary over speculation' is what's wrong with some of JP's fans...his hand is fine.

Where would we be without speculation? The discussion wouldn't be as fun :P

Maybe if Page was more active we wouldn't have to speculate. One full show in the last decade is no way to judge his ability, but it's all we have to go on. His hand has been through much more abuse than the average 69 year old man, it's not ridiculous to think that maybe he has tendonitis or carpal tunnel.

His playing is obviously less fluent than it used to be. He compensates by using his arm and shoulder instead of his wrist. I would classify that as losing ability. Does that make him any less of a guitar player, or me any less of a fan? Absolutely not. The issue is if it is physically uncomfortable for him to play anymore.

no...he...didnt

i didnt expect JP to answer, just drum up some discussion as ive never known such an amazing musician to basically give up on themselves, if its in your blood, what else can you do? its not like there is an exhibition of his art like Ronnie would had in the West End, just expensive books and remasters...he can do much better than that

Archived