Songs you could hear again and again and again and again and again

kripke

I'm glad I'm not the only person who does this; I thought there was something wrong with me! It drives my husband crazy! Here are some recent songs I kept playing over and over for some reason: The Prisoner-Iron Maiden; Feeling That Way-Journey; Bring It On Home; Tangerine; That's The Way; Hey, Hey What Can I do-Led Zeppelin; Black Sabbath-Neon Nights; The Jack-ACDC; 2112; A Passage to Bangkok-Rush; Suffragette City-David Bowie...and many more!

Ever get that thing where you dig out an old CD for the car or whatever, and you get to a track you like so much that you play it again...and then again...and again...and then you realise you've spent an hour, or several consecutive short trips over a few days, listening to the same song?

This happens to me all the time, idk maybe I have a high boredom threshold, but the other day I wanted something loud & earthy for the trip to the supermarket, so I grabbed Louder Than Love. When the brutality of Ugly Truth kicked in, I thought that was just great...but I knew what I really wanted to hear, and sure enough, it soon arrived. And so, for the past 4 days now, I've listened solely to Hands All Over, at max volume, screaming along to every single word.

Does this seem strange, or do others experience this occasional extreme devotion?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XB3X2UnEIsc

Edited by Honeydrip79

I could listen to this song over and over again:

I prefer the studio version a little more but I thought that the song would be more enjoyable watching the beautiful Olivia Newton-John sing this great song.

Edited by kingzoso

I found 2 songs yesterday that I can listen to multiple times and in fact did while I was driving in my car to visit some clients and yes to the Tea Heads out there, I know these are the 2 most commercial songs they have however there is a very warm comforting feeling I get from the lyrics.

And this one:

• 4 weeks later...

Comfortably Numb - Pink Floyd

Jeremy - Pearl Jam

Like A Stone - Audioslave

Aquarius - Fifth Dimension

So Afraid - Fleetwood Mac

While My Guitar Gently Weeps - Beatles

Kashmir - Led Zeppelin

The Wreckers - Rush

Edited by imPLANTed

Gallows Pole; Babe I'm Gonna Leave You; Trampled Underfoot; Immigrant Song; Nobody's Fault But Mine. (Led Zeppelin)

Smooth - Santana

Both Sides Now - Joni Mitchell

Roll Away The Stone - Mott The Hoople

Hair of The Dog - Nazareth

Wishing Well - Free

• 1 year later...

- Bad Company Can't Get Enough of your Love (The ultimate addiction song for me)

- Bob Seger Ramblin Gamblin Man (The ultimate becoming a man song for me)

- The Beatles You Can't Do That (The Ultimate jealousy song for me)

- Def Leppard Action Not Words (The ultimate fantasy in the bedroom for me)

- Led Zeppelin Hot Dog (The ultimate wake up in a happy mood song for me)

- Frank Sinatra Lean Baby (The ultimate keep me in shape song when I'm jogging or skiing with my white headphones plugged in my ears)

- Mott the Hoople One of the Boys (The only fucking song by the band that I ever liked, and it's the ultimate 'I'm loser looking to fit in song for me', plus I love the phone bit in the beginning and end!)

- Mel Torme Blue Moon (The ultimate love song for me)

- Led Zeppelin Kashmir (The ultimate epic song that just takes me places in my mind late at night)

- The Tea Party Turn The Lamp Down Low (The ultimate angry song for me)

- Inxs I'm Just A Man (The ultimate I'm lost song that resonates with me)

- Doctors of Madness Sons of Survival (The ultimate well written rock song for me)

- Everclear Learning How To Smile (The ultimate never give up song for me)

- Def Leppard Where Does Love Go When It Dies (The ultimate song of not being a leader or not able to take charge that makes me think of a girl I knew who hung herself mid afternoon Aug 30 2007)

- Led Zeppelin The Rain Song (The ultimate song of companionship & friendship for me)

- Led Zeppelin All My Love (The ultimate hurt song for me)

- Doctors of Madness I Think We're Alone (The ultimate campfire song for me)

- Grand Funk Railroad Some Kind of Wonderful (The ultimate FM Radio rock song for me)

- Led Zeppelin In My Time of Dying (The ultimate slide guitar song for me, just give Earls Court 75 a listen!!!)

- Def Leppard Pearl of Euphoria (The best funeral song for me)

- The Tea Party Sister Awake (The ultimate international song for me)

- Zachery Richard Travailler C'est Trop Dur (The ultimate French song for me which appeals to one side of my heritage)

That's just a glimpse into what shows up more often over other songs in my headset or in my office when playing guitar by myself

Edited by Charles J. White

• 2 weeks later...

Well, actually, this changes very often. But at the moment it's mostly

"Scumbag Blues" by Them Crooked Vultures.

But also their song "Warsaw". And "Gunman". oh shit i just think TCV in general. :P

Oh yes

and

"Was It All Worth It", "I Can't Live With You", "Now I'm Here" by Queen :)
Andd

"The Rain Song", "The Ocean", "Good Times Bad Times", "Royal Orleans", "In The Light", "Bron-Yr-Aur", "For Your Life" by this band called Led Zeppelin ^_^