Best song off Houses of the Holy

augustus

518 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favourite song on Houses of the Holy?

• The Song Remains the Same
    • The Rain Song
    • Over the Hills and Far Away
    • The Crunge
    • Dancing Days
    • D'yer Mak'er
    • No Quarter
    • The Ocean

• 5 weeks later...

I have to say I was surprised that my fav (No Quarter) was in the lead!! It was a tough choice for me. This is my favorite album because of its continuity and diversity. That seems like an oxymoron, but this album flows like no other and at the same time, no two tunes are alike. I absolutely love all the tunes on this album and could have voted for any of them on any given day, but The Crunge is certainly last on the list.

No Quarter by a hair. My fav Zep album. Very hard to pick a best song although Dyer Maker and the Crunge would tie for the weakest for me.

Don't get me wrong, I jam out to The Crunge on my Les Paul to warm up. Just a weaker song in general.

No Quarter by a hair. My fav Zep album. Very hard to pick a best song although Dyer Maker and the Crunge would tie for the weakest for me.

Don't get me wrong, I jam out to The Crunge on my Les Paul to warm up. Just a weaker song in general.

I came across a similar dilemma when answering as well; choosing between No Quarter and The Rain Song was a tough one, but I ended up going with Rain Song

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

+1 for The Ocean

as I mentioned before, "Houses" is my exception to the rule that Zep studio versions, top Zeps Live renditions...."Houses" has remarkable tracks such as No Quarter, The Song remains , Over the Hills, Dancing days and The Ocean.

Only, they all (incl.Ocean) work better on stage.

Edited by duckman

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Toss up between The Song Remains the Same (the one that was in my head this morning when I awoke!) and No Quarter (LOVE LOVE LOVE JPJ on this one - and it's so haunting) I think No Quarter is the Led Zeppelin Fans SONG. NON fans generally don't "get it", which is too bad for them, because it's a GRAND song. However, Song Remains the Same is infectious - so today, it gets my vote. See me tomorrow for different choice! (ha!)

post-16971-0-67451100-1301831506_thumb.j

All of them.

TSRTS: a jamming song

TRS - A ballad, something LZ rarely does

OTHAFA - it's so tight and shows varity

Dancing Days - the title says all

Crunge - Funky baby :)

D'yer Mak'r - You payed money to see us, we want you to groove!

No Quarter - A treat for JPJ fans

The Ocean - Shows the band in a young, happy mood.

Edited by ledzepfilm

All of them.

TSRTS: a jamming song

TRS - A ballad, something LZ rarely does

OTHAFA - it's so tight and shows varity

Dancing Days - the title says all

Crunge - Funky baby :)

D'yer Mak'r - You payed money to see us, we want you to groove!

No Quarter - A treat for JPJ fans

The Ocean - Shows the band in a young, happy mood.

Yea, that's what I voted for to, the whole album is great, except I never understood why they didn't put the song Houses of the Holy on it!:lol:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Wow, very difficult choice! I would normally select The Rain Song without thinking twice, as it has to be one of the most gorgeous pieces of music Zep has ever done.

However, instead chose No Quarter. That song for me highlights how tight this band was as each player demonstrates perfection on the tune.

There is the sentimental reason too. This was the song I first heard Robert's signature wail and became a fan for life! ......:) missy