Best song off Houses of the Holy

augustus

518 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favourite song on Houses of the Holy?

• The Song Remains the Same
    • The Rain Song
    • Over the Hills and Far Away
    • The Crunge
    • Dancing Days
    • D'yer Mak'er
    • No Quarter
    • The Ocean

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The easiest album to choose favourites from, for me it must be two songs since they kind of belongs to each other.

Everyone knows what i talking about. The Song Remains The Same och Rain Song. The later one has always through the years holds a top 5 zep songs of all time, only Tea for One that can match that.

Edited by Mats Rutberg

• 6 months later...

I think the whole album is fantastic.....It's also the first one I bought the week it was released...and the first one to have the orange and green label as opposed to the first four that had the plum and purple label.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Over the Hills for me.  It has everything.  Folk acoustic, hard rock, great melody and vocals, lyrics, perfection.  For TSRTS and NQ, I prefer the live versions so much more.  I don't really like the processed vocals in the studio version of either track.  I see how it adds to the effect in NQ, but it does nothing but detract from TSRTS in my view.   

On 6/4/2018 at 8:20 AM, John M said:

Over the Hills for me.  It has everything.  Folk acoustic, hard rock, great melody and vocals, lyrics, perfection.  For TSRTS and NQ, I prefer the live versions so much more.  I don't really like the processed vocals in the studio version of either track.  I see how it adds to the effect in NQ, but it does nothing but detract from TSRTS in my view.   

good choice.

• 3 years later...
On 10/18/2008 at 9:16 PM, Electrophile said:

The Ocean.

I couldn't remember if I posted in this thread or not, and it turns out I did. However, in the past 13 years, my opinion has changed. While I loved The Ocean (and still do), No Quarter has overtaken it, and by a large margin. Runner-up would be The Ocean, followed by The Rain Song.

• 1 month later...