Was talkin golf with Chillumpuffer.

Thought I would see if there was a golf thread and could not find one so what the hell, may as well start one.

Anything golf related goes and you already get 3 strokes off your handi-cap if you post here.

Keep it in the fairway and no 3 putts allowed.

post-18747-0-97097300-1363807824.jpg

Edited by fishhead

I'm a virtual golfer.
I play on WGT.com, and it's a blast.

It makes me want to go to Goodwill and buy an old set of clubs for $20 and give it a try.

Maybe now that spring is finally here, I will.

^^ that reminds me , I read a nice book years ago called 'A Good Walk Spoiled: Days and Nights on the PGA Tour' by John Feinstein

Another fun read is Harvey Penicks Little Red Book. That one should improve your putting !

I used to play quite a bit also at Peace Portal when I but a wee bairn. When the golf bug really got me I started to play

at courses like The Falls in Chilliwack.

09.jpg

The Falls is a great course ! Played there a number of times. Good deal too :yesnod:

I don't know, I kind of like looking at some of those lady golfers. I have no idea what the rules are or what's going on, but the view is nice.

I have to agree, especially with the short skirts. :^)

Pro golfers make some shots you just can't believe. :o

anna-rawson-hot-female-golfers.png

I'm a virtual golfer.

I play on WGT.com, and it's a blast.

It makes me want to go to Goodwill and buy an old set of clubs for $20 and give it a try.

Maybe now that spring is finally here, I will.

you should give it a try T....it is a great game!....

Strider, wasn't it Mark Twain?

Indeed it was.

John "Junior" Feinstein used that as the name for his book about the PGA Tour.

As Babs said upthread. RIF... :)

Edited by ebk

I have Ally. Years ago. It is lovely but a bit hilly for me. A lot of blind shots.

I've played a lot of the courses in the lower mainland over the years. Perhaps when your back is fixed we can go for a round ..... With carts of course.

I have Ally. Years ago. It is lovely but a bit hilly for me. A lot of blind shots.

I've played a lot of the courses in the lower mainland over the years. Perhaps when your back is fixed we can go for a round ..... With carts of course.

If I'm able to, I'd love to :) . Carts would definitely be necessary . These days, I can't catch up to the beer girl without one :lol:

I wouldn't call it my home course but in the Lower Mainland, it's probably the course I used to play the most

http://peaceportalgolf.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=61&Itemid=79

That looks a cracking track Ally. My sort of course. Plenty trees to catch the wayward drive and to sheild under should one require to take a break for a crafty bifta?

I have been playing for 4 years now. Kick meself for not taking it up earlier but I probably wouldn't have got on, being a long hair then. Started on 26 and and now play off 14 and hope to get down to 10 this summer.

Our season should have started this Saturday but I reckon the snow, which is forecast tomorrow,will pay for that.

Here is the link to my home course. It is a 20 minute cycle ride from the house.

www.chapelgolf.co.uk

Edited by chillumpuffer

I have been playing for 4 years now. Kick meself for not taking it up earlier but I probably wouldn't have got on, being a long hair then. Started on 26 and and now play off 14 and hope to get down to 10 this summer.

Our season should have started this Saturday but I reckon the snow, which is forecast tomorrow,will pay for that.

Here is the link to my home course. It is a 20 minute cycle ride from the house.

www.chapelgolf.co.uk

Did the hole by hole tour. It's a beauty! and the surrounding landscapes are really pretty.

Funny it's a while since I looked at the tour. Oh yes it certainly is a beauty and on a benign sunny day it's fantastic to view the vista. Puts you off from time to time. It is reckoned to be one of the toughest around here - but I would say that. Thanks for the comments.

The last 3 holes are meant to be the toughest finish to a course you will find and off the back tees it is. You need to be straight and long off the tee and we only have 1 flat green on the course - the 14th. A great hole that can wreck a card with the pond in front of the green, it's been the downfall of many. But on a quiet day you can replenish your ball stash in the many that's in there. A mate fished out 90 balls once in the winter - funny how most of them weren't quality spheres!!

Can't wait for the season to start as I've been playing really well. Mrs CP is also a mean golfer and like a lot of women she is dead straight off the tee - long too. I will be keeping a record on here of my scores over the season, so lets drive straight, putt well and keep them bogeys off the card or doubles !!

One of my current projects here at work is developing a virtual 360° photo tour of our course here on Base.
It's designed by Robert Trent Jones, Sr. and considered one of the best golf courses in the Army.

As soon as I get it finished, I'll post a link here to see it, it's a really beautiful course.

Here's the site.

index_image3_533pxw.jpg