McDowell

Rose

Westwood

I think with the weather forecasts they've been giving over here, I have to go with European players. I will be surprised if an American is in contention on Sunday. I don't have a good feel for this week at all. It'll be fun though!

McDowell

Rose

Westwood

I think with the weather forecasts they've been giving over here, I have to go with European players. I will be surprised if an American is in contention on Sunday. I don't have a good feel for this week at all. It'll be fun though!

FUN !! Ha Walter - I think not. Sure it will be fun to watch, if it's on. Such a shame as we have had an incredibly dry, warm summer so far. This is why me and Mrs CP don't buy tickets in advance - it's only a 40 odd miles from here. But £75 of our crispest English coinage each, is stretching my purse just too much. Anyway I am not so sure I could waft a bit of my Cali Orange bud over "the green" without my collar being felt. It is on live all day on The BBC so I can put my feet up and indulge as the punters huddle for shelter.

Thursday looks the best day weatherwise then - who knows.

I just love the different style of golf it takes to compete on those links courses. Especially when the weather gets rough! That's the fun part, for me. It is a different sort of test on their game and mental toughness. That's why I believe guys who are most used to those types of conditions and style will prevail this weekend. I'd just kick back at home too. Maybe time for a little "wake and bake" with coffee is in order....;) Coverage begins over here at 4 am!

Can't play links courses myself. I hit a long ball. My drive average is @ 275 yds. We have some of the best links courses of course. I prefer the parkland type of track - like my home course. Mrs CP is a links woman. Hits a ball dead straight and her short game is magnificent. Last one we played was in Wales last summer. Not only did I lose a box of balls, she took me to the cleaners !!

I am not too sure the wind will play a big factor Walt. It will be the rough. It will be like a cornfield - wet too. Coverage starts here at 9.00 am. :Thinking: must get some eggs in for a stout breakfast.

Yes it does look better than forecast. Tomorrow not so sure. Rory seems to have the Friday jitters again. Looks wide open. I am enjoying this as I relax in the chair whilst the thunder clouds gather in the hills behind CP towers. Lovely part of the world though?

So, in the office game we're doing, these 3 guys were randomly selected for me. If any of them comes in 1, 2 or 3, I get money. Go guys!

Richard Sterne

Hiroshi Iwata

Boo Weekley

I'm quite sure I will not be winning any money... :)

So, in the office game we're doing, these 3 guys were randomly selected for me. If any of them comes in 1, 2 or 3, I get money. Go guys!

Richard Sterne

Hiroshi Iwata

Boo Weekley

I'm quite sure I will not be winning any money... :)

I have a better chance of winning The Claret Jug than the above ebk :D

Rory should be so much further ahead than he is. So many missed putts, that were very reasonable, for bird. If/when the weather picks up we shall see who's really brought their "A" game. Phil seems to think he will be right there if the weather goes as expected tomorrow. He said he's hitting it "the best he ever has"....

Yes, CP, it looks beautiful there!

Cheers!

:drinks:

Rickie Fowler hangin' with Rory right now....surprised when I woke to see all the golfers on the course and half-way through their rounds, due to the impeding inclement weather.

Hit 'em straight Page55! :)

Where's the bad weather CP??? Rory running away with it right now...lead is up to 5 strokes!

I'm only about three miles as the crow flies away from the course, the predicted weather here for The Wirral has not arrived thankfully.

People are going to be spilling out of the course soon due to the early finish they'll be looking for somewhere to eat and drink so it's likely to get busy locally a lot earlier than it would have done.

Have they ever moved up tee times, as they did today, to avoid inclement weather? I've seen them play through horrid conditions before. Is there a lot of lightening associated with this storm? What's the forecast for tomorrow?

Rory eagled 16&18 and now has a 1/2 dozen shot lead....

Thanks for the kind words CP and Walter.

I shot a 92. I "blew up" two holes (triples) and lost a half-dozen balls, but considering my high handicap, and the fact that I was playing from the blue tees (6800 yards) I thought I played pretty well. Thanks again for your encouraging words.

Well done PF. Losing 6 balls is a bummer though.

Weather forecast OK for today. Not exactly burning hot. I live in the country and the course is on the coast so it can vary. JTM will enlighten us?

I can't see Rory blowing this. He and Fowler tee off at 2.35pm. Should be a cracker of a round. I would love to see Sergio do well. If Rory hits the fairways the Claret Jug will be his

Monthly medal for me today. Tee off 10.20. Looking forward to it as I have been playing well. Just never know?

Weather forecast OK for today. Not exactly burning hot. I live in the country and the course is on the coast so it can vary. JTM will enlighten us?

I can't see Rory blowing this. He and Fowler tee off at 2.35pm. Should be a cracker of a round. I would love to see Sergio do well. If Rory hits the fairways the Claret Jug will be his

Monthly medal for me today. Tee off 10.20. Looking forward to it as I have been playing well. Just never know?

There's more blue sky than cloud over my part of the Wirral, looking at the trees and bushes out of my living room window I see there is hardly any breeze and I see from the live pictures from the TV the conditions down the road in Hoylake are similar. Things are looking good for the golfers today after yesterdays changeable conditions. We had half an hour or so of really heavy rain shortly after play finished yesterday but not the expected thunder and lightning, so fingers crossed today is looking good.

Hope your round went well today, CP!