Been really tied up the last few days with work and last evening at ELO who were fantastic. Congrats to Danny Willet who is a solid Northern lad. Superb performance from him and I am watching the highlights as I type and waiting to see Speiths meltdown on the 12th

5 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

It's not the first time Jordan has had a meltdown on that hole. Think 2 years ago?

I watched The BBC 2 coverage up until 10.30 pm then turned over to Beeb 1 to watch the three Sunday game highlights when Speith was at 7 under, when I turned back almost an hour later Willet is the leader..What....Well done Danny Willet for nickin'it at the end......."Everybody nick's it".........

Edited by JTM

Yep, it was an amazing turnaround.  When Spieth made the turn, I said to Walter Jr "there's nothing like the back nine at Augusta".  Then bogey, bogey at 10&11 - then the twelfth....  Huge congrats to Willet - a 67 on Sunday at The Masters is worthy of winning it and not just receiving the green jacket because another lost strokes.  Spieth has now finished 2nd, 1st, 2nd in his three trips to the greatest tournament of the year.  He will be back for more jackets that's for sure!

What about all of those hole-in-one shots at 16?  The last one was unparalleled. 

• 3 months later...

British Open time again, bit of a downer though because this year it's only live on Murdoch TV not The BBC, so we have fucking commercial breaks every few minutes....fuck it, I'm switching off, can't stand commercials....Come on BBC put the money up and buy it back...

edit...I'll wait for the BBC highlights later on tonight, no commercials....

Edited by JTM

1 hour ago, JTM said:

British Open time again, bit of a downer though because this year it's only live on Murdoch TV not The BBC, so we have fucking commercial breaks every few minutes....fuck it, I'm switching off, can't stand commercials....Come on BBC put the money up and buy it back...

I agree man. Murdoch TV, when acquiring the rights, said they would show only 1 ad at the break. Lying bastards. I timed the coverage. 15 minutes of golf - I mean forever looking at the leader board, talking at the "sky cart" with people who have just played,a really dull commentary team except Boxie and Wayne Riley, then a few mins of action, leader board, views of the sea etc. Then 2 or 3 ads mainly betting. For US fans this would be like watching a movie of course.

In fairness I didn't expect anything else. At least we haven't got that fat, bloated has been Alliss, with his bigoted and frankly sexist views. Highlights though JTM will only be putting and I can do without that. 

It looks a picture though and a real good test. Tomorrow though looks like it will playing in a washing machine. Pity the players cos that back nine will make even the best players look like an 18 handicapper !

1 hour ago, JTM said:

So Murdoch's channels suck everywhere?  I thought we were the lucky ones....  I almost forgot the tourney began today.  I'll have to check out ESPN this afternoon, after work, to see how they are handling Royal Troon.  How's the weather over there?  I've only seen CP's miserable weather posts from across the pond.

2 hours ago, JTM said:

Who does the announcing for Murdoch TV? Is that Skynet? Usual Murdoch crew of blonde bimbos? What's the rain forecast?

Edited by Strider

19 hours ago, Strider said:

Who does the announcing for Murdoch TV? Is that Skynet? Usual Murdoch crew of blonde bimbos? What's the rain forecast?

Rain rain and more rain. Phil was magnificent yesterday and solid already today.

There is a bimbo who interviews the players. Mrs CP said she had that much make up on she was surprised she could open her eyes.

Ads update  -  seems Sky have reverted to 8 mins action before the inevitable drivel.

One thing though: No moronic fat twats shouting "Get in the hole" or "Mashed Potater" "DJ DJ DJ DJ......" contd on the PGA Tour 

8 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

Rain rain and more rain. Phil was magnificent yesterday and solid already today.

There is a bimbo who interviews the players. Mrs CP said she had that much make up on she was surprised she could open her eyes.

Ads update  -  seems Sky have reverted to 8 mins action before the inevitable drivel.

One thing though: No moronic fat twats shouting "Get in the hole" or "Mashed Potater" "DJ DJ DJ DJ......" contd on the PGA Tour 

But is anyone yelling "La Cheeserie!"

14 minutes ago, chillumpuffer said:

Sure am. It's magnificent. Cheering for Phil. But what about Beef !!!!

I'm cheering for Phil too.  Beef is quite a guy.  Mrs Walter says he is an embarrassment to the sport for playing looking like that. :lol:  She a traditionalist when it comes to the sport - very 'old school'.

12 minutes ago, Walter said:

I'm cheering for Phil too.  Beef is quite a guy.  Mrs Walter says he is an embarrassment to the sport for playing looking like that. :lol:  She a traditionalist when it comes to the sport - very 'old school'.

Old school never brought in the young punters man ! He is a refreshing change from the miserable bastards who don't smile and never shout fore and who have no time for anyone. Anyone who says " Hey man I'm having a great time - now where are the steak (s)" is OK in my book. 

This is real matchplay golf for the Open

1 minute ago, chillumpuffer said:

Old school never brought in the young punters man ! He is a refreshing change from the miserable bastards who don't smile and never shout fore and who have no time for anyone. Anyone who says " Hey man I'm having a great time - now where are the steak (s)" is OK in my book. 

This is real matchplay golf for the Open

Yeah, I like the way he carries himself.  Never knew him before this week.  

Stenson up by one now - perfect drives on 15!  

Well that's Beef done, pity about all the dropped shots, he was in third place when I tuned in. Not a bad few hours of Golf, congrats to Stenson hard luck to Mickelson....