I could never understand why people get so wound up over this game. And it is a game, not a sport IMO. My late uncle had golf clubs on his license plate. My cousin who is a minister in Florida is another golf fanatic. I personally can't stand it. I think its because a few hot shots that I used to work for at the local government were so into it. A bunch of arrogant pricks that would screw their own mother to get ahead. The more people on the golf course the better. That keeps them off the water which I love.

Rick c'mon man, how can you say that?....Golf is awesome! A very spiritual game and a true teller of a person's character.

Don't let your work mates paint the rest of us with the same brush.

Golf is one of the sports that the participant is truly on their own in nature while being tested by the varied terrain.

It's also, as they say, 90% mental and 10% physical, but very much a sport.

How about if I take you out with me in a cart. I will golf and you can shoot any signs on the course, but at least we'll have some more time to talk in detail....lol...

People become fanatical pretty much after they hit their first pure shot. The golfers out there will know what I mean. Once you do that, the bug bites and you are in the game for life.

Edited by fishhead

Hey guys, and maybe some gals, do any of you agree with me on this one?

....i have always wondered why the winner of any tournament doesn't have his/her caddy with them when receiving their trophy/cheque. I would love to see the caddy acknowledged a little more by professional golfers in the winner's circle. Caddies have to be worth at least 5-8 good club selections or , putts read, during a match. And they are in for for 10% of the winnings anyway.

Thoughts?

P.S.- Lets look at running a fun Masters pool on here if we can. If anyone has any experience in how we can do that it would be great and appreciated....

Edited by fishhead

Drivers: There is a smorgasboard of choice of the beasts off the tee. What's in your bag?

I am currently using a Ping K15 12. degree. Love this baby and it treats me well. I was using an old Taylor Made R5 9.5 until it died. the Ping flies pretty straight and has a slight off set face - I never slice the ball but it does encourage that draw. I never use fairway woods or utility/rescue clubs. Strictly Iron play for me. I am using Wilson Irons. Purely because they are the first set I ever bought. Love em too. An old lob wedge and a "Yes" putter completes the bag. Titleist Pro V for comps, Srixon AD333 for general play are the balls of chpice

Next season if all goes well I may treat myself to a custom fitting set of Pings - but nearly a grand I will need to up my work load. Mrs CP also uses a Ping off the tee and Wilson Staff Fybrids

God I wish I could say i never slice the ball....lol...

-Mizunos T-Zoids (Forged) 3iron-PW,

-Gap Wedge- Tommy Armour 845

-Mizuno Sand Wedge

-Wilson Putter-little old hunk of steel

-Drivers-Using an Adams at the moment but that could change mid game

-3-Wood-Busted at the end of the rubber last month down in Tampa FLA. lol..Have to buy a new one or get it re-shafted. Thankfully on the follow through it did not hit any of my pals...

I could never understand why people get so wound up over this game. And it is a game, not a sport IMO. My late uncle had golf clubs on his license plate. My cousin who is a minister in Florida is another golf fanatic. I personally can't stand it. I think its because a few hot shots that I used to work for at the local government were so into it. A bunch of arrogant pricks that would screw their own mother to get ahead. The more people on the golf course the better. That keeps them off the water which I love.

Food for thought Rick

sport

1.a. Physical activity that is governed by a set of rules or customs and often engaged in competitively.
b. A particular form of this activity.
2. An activity involving physical exertion and skill that is governed by a set of rules or customs and often undertaken competitively.
3. An active pastime; recreation.

And I can never understand why someone would feel such a strong need to enter a thread about something they dislike in order to let everyone know how much they dislike it.

Seriously, what is the purpose of such a post?

And then to disparage those posting by mentioning golfers you knew who were "arrogant pricks" - which is tacitly implying that about golfers in general, and by extension, those posting here.

That was a pretty dick move, and for no understandable reason.

And I can never understand why someone would feel such a strong need to enter a thread about something they dislike in order to let everyone know how much they dislike it.

And then to disparage those posting by mentioning golfers you knew who were "arrogant pricks" - which is tacitly implying that about golfers in general, and by extension, those posting here.

Hey TypeO, thanks for having our back on this one.

Rick has potential, but sometimes, can cause one to assume the "head-scratching position".

Regardless, I am hopeful he will either, a) take up the game, or at least appreciate it and then be a positive contributor on this thread. Especially, if we end up having a little added fun around here.

cheers, thanks for the support!

Edited by fishhead

Hey tell me about the `For Men Only`thread....

Whahappen....

I said female have a "FOR WOMEN ONLY " thread were they can talk about female issues heres one were men called `For Men Only` were men can talk about men issues

erection problems , low sperm count or anything personal issue's men have to deal with

ladies can talk in quite graphic detail on the "FOR WOMEN ONLY " thread , WHY SHOULD N'T WE BE GIVEN THE SAME

I said female have a "FOR WOMEN ONLY " thread were they can talk about female issues heres one were men called `For Men Only` were men can talk about men issues

erection problems , low sperm count or anything personal issue's men have to deal with

ladies can talk in quite graphic detail on the "FOR WOMEN ONLY " thread , WHY SHOULD N'T WE BE GIVEN THE SAME

you are absolutely right if you ask me....all that stuff is all over the airwaves of both radio, TV and talk shows.......maybe try again and let it ease into that kinda subject matter.....Did you ask Sam or get an answer as to why it got pulled (pardon the pun Wes)...

you are absolutely right if you ask me....all that stuff is all over the airwaves of both radio, TV and talk shows.......maybe try again and let it ease into that kinda subject matter.....Did you ask Sam or get an answer as to why it got pulled (pardon the pun Wes)...

I've e-mailled the webmaster

Spot on Type O! :bravo:

I may have to quote you the next time a scud is launched in the Gaga thread!

I am with you on this one Wes.....if you are serious, which I think you are, then this may be a good discussion topic......If you need a seconder I am with you...ciao

Why are you derailing your own thread with this?

Back on topic, I live about a mile from Bay Hill, my in-laws used to live on the 15th hole there - the house on the dog-leg portion of the hole. Many great memories of throwing parties during the tournament. I saw Tiger has taken the lead there today. I will definitely be watching tomorrow. Holes 14-18 are as good as any during a tournament, with so many opportunities at "risk/reward" types of shots.

Good thread, Rich!

:thumbsup:

Why are you derailing your own thread with this?

Back on topic, I live about a mile from Bay Hill, my in-laws used to live on the 15th hole there - the house on the dog-leg portion of the hole. Many great memories of throwing parties during the tournament. I saw Tiger has taken the lead there today. I will definitely be watching tomorrow. Holes 14-18 are as good as any during a tournament, with so many opportunities at "risk/reward" types of shots.

Good thread, Rich!

:thumbsup:

I apologise Walter....Wes and I were talking in another thread and I asked him to meet me in this thread to finish the conversation so we didn;t get in trouble in the other....Wes is on his way towards his quest with Sam.. .....Bay Hill wow!... that is a heavy duty PGA tour stop...Good to have you here and glad you are liking the thread.....cheers

Just noticed this thread. Good one FIshhead and thanks!

I'm a golfer and been playing for about ten years or so and around a 16 handicap. Usually play about 40 rounds a year. With this weather here in the northeast, not sure if I'll get 20 in. I'm sure I'll be contributing regularly to this.

As far as a Masters Pool, you can do it like a Golf Fantasy league. I'm actually in on the Golf Channel one with some friends. I actually won for the first time last week. Way it is done is there are four groups in each tournament each week. You pick one golfer from each one. The winner determined by your four picks and total earnings summed up for the week. Tie Breakers they do by how many birdies will the winning golfer have over the four days. You could chose anything to do this.

Liking this tournament at Bay Hill as I feel it's one of the best courses and tournaments on the PGA tour. Tiger has turned it on and never saw him putt as well as he did yesterday. I think they're still in a rain delay.

Just to let Charles know, that I stayed and played at Bay Hill in Sept. 2011 for four nights. What a great place and staff. Really treat you well here. Loved the course. The weather was a bit tough. Never experienced heat and humidity like that before. Literally about 90 degrees at 8 am with humidity to match. Didn't help my game. Well at least I birdied the 13th. Decided to go here as I always wanted to. Was coming back from Austin, TX for the ACL festival with some friends, so thought it would be good to wind down the craziness of ACL with some golf. Had my golf clubs shipped a week before. Worked out well. The company was Luggage Forward and no complaints. Had a great time at Bay Hill and can't wait to go back. Had a good room that faced the putting green near the famous clock.

Really gonna enjoy this thread. Seems pretty lively so far! :bravo:

Bay Hill tournament has suspended play for the day with a lot of rain. Will resume tomorrow at 10 am on the Golf Channel. Tiger has a three stroke lead through two holes in final round.

Edited by SuperDave

Glad to hear you enjoyed Bay Hill so much Dave! 13 is a great hole, that approach shot over the water with all the rocks is a bit intimidating! 17 is a bitch! I have always enjoyed wedding receptions that I have attended there. The course really has improved over the years. Top notch facility.

The weather was CRAZY here at about 2:30. I knew they wouldn't be able to finish the round. The winds all morning were 30mph, so tough playing conditions for sure! Looking forward to the finish tomorrow...

Glad to hear you enjoyed Bay Hill so much Dave! 13 is a great hole, that approach shot over the water with all the rocks is a bit intimidating! 17 is a bitch! I have always enjoyed wedding receptions that I have attended there. The course really has improved over the years. Top notch facility.

The weather was CRAZY here at about 2:30. I knew they wouldn't be able to finish the round. The winds all morning were 30mph, so tough playing conditions for sure! Looking forward to the finish tomorrow...

The 17th par 3 is a tough one. Might be better hitting off to the left of the green and pitch up and be safe. I wound up there 2 of 3 rounds. The other in one of the traps. Gotta work tomorrow so I'll miss most of the Bay Hill conclusion tomorrow most likely. May catch the end during my lunch hour at 2 pm if I'm lucky and still going. Hopefully, the Golf Chan. will replay it tomorrow night. But they do have the Tavistock Cup from Islesworth in Orlando tomorrow. I'm sure they'll work Bay Hill in their schedule tomorrow night.

Can't wait to return to Bay Hill. Perhaps a year or two! It's a certainty. Love Disney too with their courses. Especially Osprey Ridge. They should have the PGA events there rather than Palm and Magnolia. Much better course designed by Tom Fazio. Unfortunately, soon that course will no longer be part of Disney as a Four Seasons resort is being built there. Loved that course and played there at least 10 times over the years. Go to Disney for golf almost every year. Love the 17th par 3 at Osprey. One of the best holes in all of golf. Do a Google search! Hopefully, it's still open for play, but being so close Charles, you should check it out and play before they completely close it down. Actually, last April when I played there the 18th hole of Osprey had been blasted away so the first hole played was the 2nd hole of Eagle Pines in which the Four Seasons Resort is situated on. Osprey Ridge is being redesigned. Not sure if Disney guest will be able to play there, but it won't be cheaper as being part of a Four Seasons resort. Over the last year, Arnold Palmer and his golf management company took over the other Disney courses for management and redesigning. Seeing what a great job he does with Bay Hill, I'm sure the Disney courses will be even better than they are now. That's why Arnie is "The King." I guess this will work too! :godfather:

Edited by SuperDave

I was really disappointed that the final round was a washout until tomorrow. I was really looking forward to watching it today. I have to work in the morning . It should be a great finish. Tiger's putter is on fire. Maybe I will watch it on my iPhone. I'll find a nice closet to curl up in.....

I was really disappointed that the final round was a washout until tomorrow. I was really looking forward to watching it today. I have to work in the morning . It should be a great finish. Tiger's putter is on fire. Maybe I will watch it on my iPhone. I'll find a nice closet to curl up in.....

Agreed, as I'll miss it too! Can't remember a washout at Bay Hill! Hopefully, a replay tomorrow night!

Interesting chat from you lot. Of course I would love to play in the States and Canada. Maybe for Mrs CP's 50th next year. We have talked about it but I may struggle getting in to the US for, ahem - visa irregularities!

I don't have cable TV so it is difficult for me to keep tabs stateside and the coverage on the non subscription services is non existant. I can get it on the net but it comes and goes before the stream is cut.

Anyway the weekend has been a whiteout here so nowt down as they say. It's not looking that good for Easter either, which is a big weekend at the club. Friday was our Mixed away day at a course a couple of miles away that will be cancelled as will Easter Pairs and Mondays mixed. What a real pisser as I was playing well and Mrs CP also was very steady. Never trust the weather but that's what happens when you play an outside summer sport, hey guys?

Finally anyone had a hole-in-one??

I have had one on the par 3 6th on our course a couple of years ago. I had always struggled to get on the green and I was playing with Mrs CP one gloriously sunny Saturday afternoon. I smacked an 8 iron dead straight and Mrs CP said something like Ha you're on the green in one for once !. As we approached the green I couldn't see my ball so i was muttering that I must have gone long or it kicked off the putting surface. After a few moments looking I had this feeling that it could have only been in one place. Sure enough there it was nestled in the cup.

So who else saw it? No one except Mrs CP. The course, as ever was really quiet on a Saturday afternoon. ( we play our club comps on a Sunday). I still have the ball but at least I didn't have to shout everyone a drink!

Interesting chat from you lot. Of course I would love to play in the States and Canada. Maybe for Mrs CP's 50th next year. We have talked about it but I may struggle getting in to the US for, ahem - visa irregularities!

I don't have cable TV so it is difficult for me to keep tabs stateside and the coverage on the non subscription services is non existant. I can get it on the net but it comes and goes before the stream is cut.

Anyway the weekend has been a whiteout here so nowt down as they say. It's not looking that good for Easter either, which is a big weekend at the club. Friday was our Mixed away day at a course a couple of miles away that will be cancelled as will Easter Pairs and Mondays mixed. What a real pisser as I was playing well and Mrs CP also was very steady. Never trust the weather but that's what happens when you play an outside summer sport, hey guys?

Finally anyone had a hole-in-one??

I have had one on the par 3 6th on our course a couple of years ago. I had always struggled to get on the green and I was playing with Mrs CP one gloriously sunny Saturday afternoon. I smacked an 8 iron dead straight and Mrs CP said something like Ha you're on the green in one for once !. As we approached the green I couldn't see my ball so i was muttering that I must have gone long or it kicked off the putting surface. After a few moments looking I had this feeling that it could have only been in one place. Sure enough there it was nestled in the cup.

So who else saw it? No one except Mrs CP. The course, as ever was really quiet on a Saturday afternoon. ( we play our club comps on a Sunday). I still have the ball but at least I didn't have to shout everyone a drink!

Does Miniature Golf count? The important thing, CP, is that you have the satisfaction of knowing you did it, witnesses be damned.

I don't play golf(aside from the aforementioned miniature variety), but I do enjoy watching the Four Majors and final rounds of other big tournaments. I actually prefer it when the final round gets postponed to Monday, like Bay Hill today. My Sundays are generally too busy to be able to watch four-plus hours of golf. But Monday is usually a slow day for me, and I'm frequently off work that day, which allows me the opportunity to watch golf.

^ :hysterical:

Closest to a hole-in-one for me was two inches from the cup on the par 3 sixth hole at Grenelefe - East Course. Hit a nice 6 iron shot to a 155 yard pin that was below the tee box, hit a foot past and spun back just a bit too little. I had a great view of it, so it was very exciting to see.

Watched my father-in-law get one at the Desert Inn course out in Vegas!

Unfortunately, Dave, I have not played much the past few years - but plan on changing that this spring/summer!