Don't ask me....I'm 4 shots in and apparently hearing things! ;)

Who is everyone rooting for?

Obviously it would be great for Freddie to hang in there for the win, but 2 more days is a lot to ask. I would like to see Tiger make some noise, just to see if he can put the fear into others like Jack and the old Tiger did, if nothing else!

I'd like to see Fred win also . That Chinese kid is something else. Glad he made the cut . He should be fun to watch this weekend.

Sandy Lyle made the cut also . Cinderella Story!

Out of nowhere!!!!!

I guess it's fairly obvious now that I don't golf or know a thing about it...way to go Team Strider.

Funny thing is, I had KJ Choi on my team the first draft, then when I revised it, kicked him out in favour of Louis. Serves me right.

I'd like to see Fred win also . That Chinese kid is something else. Glad he made the cut . He should be fun to watch this weekend.

Sandy Lyle made the cut also . Cinderella Story!

Out of nowhere!!!!!

Yeah, what a great story the kid Tianglan Guan is ! A very likable young man and took his two stroke penalty with class. McDowell missing the cut has cost me a chance at the pool but this tourney is turning out to be one of the most interesting in years. Looking forward to some outstanding golf and rooting for Tianglan

I guess it's fairly obvious now that I don't golf or know a thing about it...way to go Team Strider.

Funny thing is, I had KJ Choi on my team the first draft, then when I revised it, kicked him out in favour of Louis. Serves me right.

Always best to go with your first choices or first primitive guess as I think it's called. Never a good idea to change them as usually you'll regret it! Unless, something severe occurs for you to change it, than stick with your first guess. Usually, doesn't come out to your advantage. Just a theory, I've always believed in!

I've looked at the 2nd round and all our teams....

Everyone except Babs had, one or more, guys not make the cut which means Babs is the winner of the pool lolllllllllll.

Babs, I guess a congrats is in order and I better figure out how to run the next pool in a better format........

All I can say is..."These guys aren't good" lolllllllllllllllllllllll. I will still post 2nd round results tomorrow..........what a downer this was...sorry everyone.

I've looked at the 2nd round and all our teams....

Everyone except Babs had, one or more, guys not make the cut which means Babs is the winner of the pool lolllllllllll.

Babs, I guess a congrats is in order and I better figure out how to run the next pool in a better format........

All I can say is..."These guys aren't good" lolllllllllllllllllllllll. I will still post 2nd round results tomorrow..........what a downer this was...sorry everyone.

Congrats to Babs for picking a nice group of players and winning the pool :cheer:

Nothing wrong with the way you ran the pool Rich. That's the Masters and we all know that Augusta can make the very best of golfers look bad. That's the beauty of the tournament. Thanks for stepping up to the plate and putting the pool together :thumbsup:

Just for shits and giggles, why don't we drop the low man and carry on through Sunday. So we count five players.

That would be cool with me. Good idea Babs

That would be cool with me. Good idea Babs

Just for shits and giggles, why don't we drop the low man and carry on through Sunday. So we count five players.

Some teams lost 2 players, so I would have to go with the top 3, or , whatever works...leave it with me and I will see what i can do tomorrow morning

thanks Babs for your sportsmanship..

NEW MASTERS POOL!!!! NEW MASTERS POOL!!!!
Ok, it is agreed, Babs is the winner of the original pool, but for shit's sake's! we gotta keep this fun rolling!
So, after a long night of committee meetings it was decided we would continue on with a "consolation round".
Strider, the fun continues and you're back in it fella !!!
Here is how it works. I have eliminated the golfers from your teams that did not make the cut, and allowed the rest to stay who I will eventually draw from to make your "Best Three" total score. Hopefully on Sunday we will have a consolation winner that can do he talk-show circuit with Babs and open his beers for him, unless it is Babs who wins this pool too lol......"Oh, the horror!"
So, if you have all your guys, like Babs, I have let you carry them forward because you should be rewarded for picking guys that made the cut! However, I will only be taking the top three total scores on Sunday's finale.
If they all crap the bed, you could be singing the greens, I mean blues!
2013 MASTERS Thurs Fri Sat Sun "BEST THREE TOTAL
BEST THREE POOL par72
Chillumpuffer
Justin Rose 70 71
Phil Mickelson 71 76
Luke Donald 71 72
Badgeholder
Brendt Snedecker 70 70
Ricky Fowler 68 76
Bubba Watson 75 73
Jason Duffner 72 69
Charles Schwartzel 71 71
Ally
Dustin Johnston 67 76
Bubba Watson 75 73
Rory Mcilroy 72 70
Brandt Snedeker 70 70
Babs
Justin Rose 70 71
Rory McElroy 72 70
Bubba Watson 75 73
Lee Westwood 70 71
Phil Mickelson 71 76
Charl Schwartzel 71 71
Super Dave
Lee Westwood 70 71
Phil Mickelson 71 76
Justin Rose 70 71
Steve Stircker 73 70
Charles Schwartzel 71 71
ebk
Phil Mickelson 71 76
Brandt Snedeker 70 70
Bubba Watson 75 73
Rory Mcllroy 72 70
Adam Scott 69 72
FishHead
Justin Rose 70 71
Matt Kuchar 68 75
Peter Hanson 72 75
Dustin Johnson 67 76
Charles Schwatzel 71 71
Walter
Matt Kuchar 68 75
Rory McIIroy 72 70
Justin Rose 70 71
Charles Schwatzel 71 71
Strider
Rory McIlroy 72 70
Phil Mickelson 71 76
Justin Rose 70 71
Bubba Watson 75 73

Congrats Babs!

Well I see that Tiger did an improper drop on 15 yesterday and has been given a two-stroke penalty. Actually he should WD for intentionally trying to get an advantage, breaking the rules and signing an incorrect scorecard! We will see what happens....

Disgrace alert. Woods signed an incorrect card. Therefore should be disqualified. But no what's this? A 2 shot penalty !!! Sorry folks but in my eyes Woods should not be in the mix. If he tees off today the rules of Golf should be changed for EVERYONE not a man who smiles when he's good but acts like a petulant child when he's crap

Edited by chillumpuffer

Congrats Babs!

Well I see that Tiger did an improper drop on 15 yesterday and has been given a two-stroke penalty. Actually he should WD for intentionally trying to get an advantage, breaking the rules and signing an incorrect scorecard! We will see what happens....

Well, he's still in the tournament and sitting in second place at the moment. Have to say that after signing the wrong score card yesterday,I don't think he shouldn't be playing at all but there must be some rule exclusive to the Masters that I'm not aware of.

eeemmmm Ally. One rule for one?? I bet if it was anyone else they would be on the next plane home. What happens if he wins?? They will be much muttering in club houses around the globe, that's for sure.

Oh of course, well done Babs !! And respect to the ocean prowler for taking the time to do this. I will roll a fat one this evening in your honour

eeemmmm Ally. One rule for one?? I bet if it was anyone else they would be on the next plane home. What happens if he wins?? They will be much muttering in club houses around the globe, that's for sure.

Oh of course, well done Babs !! And respect to the ocean prowler for taking the time to do this. I will roll a fat one this evening in your honour

Totally agree CP. I'm just thinking that there has to be some good reason he's been allowed to continue because I'll be absolutely dumb founded and pissed if they've made up a rule exclusively for him. If they have and he wins the tournament, may as well throw all the rules of golf out the window. Tbh, this has already tainted the tourney for me. Good thing Tianglan Guan made the cut or I'd turn it off

Mazel tov, Babs!!

Rich, thanks for taking the time to do this. It will be the only reason I even halfway pay attention this weekend :)

As for Tiger, I've never been a fan. I suppose I shouldn't be surprised that the tournament doesn't want to lose the ratings/money. Sadly, it does seem to be all about the money these days.

Thanks gang. I must say the view's pretty good up here.

I just woke up so I must investigate this Tiger Woods story. I've only just heard about it .

Seems the rules were changed last year and disqualification for signing the wrong card was replaced by a two stroke penalty for the offence itself. Fair enough but I have to say, I'm not happy with Tiger for not declaring it in the first place and having the judges rule on his score after the round. Not against the rules but not very classy

Edited by ally

Thanks for the second-chance, fishy!

Reading the sports page this morning and there's nothing about Tiger's penalty. I didn't see the first two rounds, so can someone please explain what Tiger did? Was his improper drop done on purpose to gain an edge or was it an inadvertent mistake?

In light of what you all are saying about rules and how they should apply to all, I am sure you'll appreciate the irony in Tiger's statement yesterday when asked to respond about Tianlang Guan's one-stroke penalty for slow play:

Tiger Woods: "Rules are rules. We've had a case of slow play from some of the guys out here on tour, and we have our policies."

Thanks Rich, for keeping the tourney going. We'll see who makes it into Sunday. Amazing with Tiger. He probably should be DQd. Wonder if CBS, who is broadcasting this had anything to do it? They wouldn't be too happy if the Masters ruling committee DQd Tiger and not allowed him to play further. Tiger going for a win brings in big ratings and $$$ for CBS or whoever is doing the broadcast. Especially, for the top golf event of the year.